Back in my day blah blah blah....

Back in the day, I used to win two fights in a row.

giphy.gif

I'm one of the many returnees. The whole Wolf cheating scandal kind of ruined things for me. I was spending a lot of money on a game that was a playground for cheaters.

I've been enjoying it since I came back though, mostly because I've finally taken the leap to run the fight org I've always wanted to run. Been on my mind since day one of MMAT. Tycoon's great because it has something for everyone. It'll be amazing if Mike continues to put effort back in to the game. From reading old forum posts, looks like he went missing for a couple of years when I wasn't around. He must have missed me.

I'm also a returnee of after seven-eight years, and honestly, the game got a lot better in the meantime, especially for newer/returning managers.

Back in my day, the VIP exchange didn't exist so one couldn't get tycoon cash with a swipe, there were a lot fewer fighter spots and the fighter pay was a fraction of what I'm getting in contracts these days, so having a private gym, the requirement for long-term competitiveness, was a challenge on an entirely different level.

• Upvote 4

The first thing I noticed when I came back (after 2 years) - was how little anything had changed. Almost zero new features (at least noticeable ones) added while I was gone. Not meant to be a complaint from my viewpoint. It may have been frustrating for the people here as the site seems to have gotten little attention, though.

• Upvote 2

The game has seen some improvements over the years and in general due to new/more features I would say it's better than it was back in the day, you have somewhat more to do. Obviously that's usually what you could expect if there's at least a little investment in game development and time goes by.

Back in the day there was a lot more high level active managers, competition was tougher, more exciting tournaments, exciting forum personalities, exciting fighter personalities, and better general vibe than nowadays.

• Upvote 3