Victory Kickboxing 40 Man Heavyweight Grand Prix

Alfred

Just went through again to read everyone's (not just my own if you believe that).

Really good stuff, cudos to you for grinding this out.

If I had faith that more than half of these bums would have a career outside of this tournament I would of, but I gotta admit I skipped straight to my own because I assume he saved the best for last.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1593022517banner.jpg

PRE-TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

imageedit_64_7088607807.gif

Our final group looks to to be yet another grupo de la muerte with some incredible managers aiming to escape it’s dark embrace.

1. Vasko Madzarov

First up we have Vasko Madzarov, a Cypriot brawler from the city of Nicosia. Madzarov and his team have already shown their ruthless side when a gentleman's agreement for a friendly exhibition bout during trials turned into a one sided bloodbath. Madzarov picked up a first round TKO but only because of the honourless way he set about his unsuspecting opponent. Still, he did show himself to have quite the chin but only when he took a tumble on the ropes climbing out of the ring. He is managed by none other than the KO King himself, Chris Karter and the fact that Karter has been able to maintain the level of competitiveness he has for over a decade now says all that we need to know about his chances in this competition. A former #1 multiple times over and with a current ranking of #18, Karter is expected to do very well overall.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15941181285171.png

For the record I fight with honor, your guy just fight like fat midget pussy. How I break little tree stump?

Madzarov creates a bit of space for himself and unleashed what can only be described as a tiger uppercut, straight out of Street Fighter! Glover crashes to the mat! Can he make it back to his feet in time? 3,4,5,6... it doesn't look like he's going to make it! Glover face plants back to the mat and the referee calls off the fight! Madzarov takes it with a brutal technical knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:49 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Punch). Vasko Madzarov!

sagat-sc-super4.gif

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15941181285171.png

For the record I fight with honor, your guy just fight like fat midget pussy. How I break little tree stump?

Madzarov creates a bit of space for himself and unleashed what can only be described as a tiger uppercut, straight out of Street Fighter! Glover crashes to the mat! Can he make it back to his feet in time? 3,4,5,6... it doesn't look like he's going to make it! Glover face plants back to the mat and the referee calls off the fight! Madzarov takes it with a brutal technical knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:49 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Punch). Vasko Madzarov!

sagat-sc-super4.gif

It was supposed to be an exhibition. They were just meant to circle around for a little while. Maybe hug a little, throw some jabs here and there. Then your guy went full Thunderlips.

My guy is retired now. CTE. Hope you're happy

• Upvote 2

Bet you he's a moonwalker and still titty fucks your guy! Needless to say, he turned out a shit learner too. GLHF.

SickShabbyCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

Vasko Madzarov is seen drilling his new technique with Muay Thai legend Qing Kong in anticipating for the Victory Heavyweight Grand Prix. After practice Vasko is seen talking to his manager Chris Karter.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15941181285171.png

"I will end him with flying knee KO."

"You can't knee him outside the clinch."

"Yes I can little man. Watch me."

"No seriously, the only time you can use knees is when you're in the clinch. You can't knee when you stay on the outside. It is technically impossible."

"That is stupid. Is it against the rules?"

"Yes and no. It defies the mechanics of the game engine."

"What if I get the head kick finish?"

"Your flexibility is way too low so it's physically improbable."

"You built me wrong. So I can only use my new technique from clinch inside?"

"Yeah, that is the only time you can use it."

"I aim for the sack then, yes?"

"Yes Vasko, exactly like we've been training."

"Can't just break clinch?"

"No, you're a clinch rapist not a wonderful wrestler."

"So I really must aim below the belt?"

"Yes god damn it, don't question me dude. I'm the KO King."

"But I can still punch head off from outside standing?"

"Uh, I mean, um, yeah. There is always that..."

• Upvote 3

This is great, only thing is the odds seem absolutely atrocious (for the bettors that is) lol

Let's look at implied probability below.

1/3 (-300) - 75% (TO WIN IT ALL)
Vasko Madzarov (Chris Karter)
Joe Armstrong (Scotty Jc)
Tom Obama (Blake Phoenix)
1/2 (-200) - 66.667%
Flor Delicada (Billy Arseworth)
Joseph Pisun (Alex K)
Bento Barboza (Action Jackson)
1/1 (-100) - 50%
Yuan An (Alexander Melchiott)
Hassan Fezzik (Randall McSweeny)
Elifasi Msomii (Power Shark)
Wiaan Cronje (Prince Mitchell)
2-1 (+200) - 33.33%
Roberto Congo (G Wad)
Roche Doisneau (Emily Chenet)
Jason Hightower (Xyel Pain)
And so forth...
So, in conclusion, the odds suggest that there are three fighters with a 75% chance to win the ENTIRE tournament, another 3 with a 66.667% chance, and for good measure, 4 others with a 50% chance.
FlKeZFJ.gif
  • Upvote 1

This is great, only thing is the odds seem absolutely atrocious (for the bettors that is) lol

Let's look at implied probability below.

1/3 (-300) - 75% (TO WIN IT ALL)
Vasko Madzarov (Chris Karter)
Joe Armstrong (Scotty Jc)
Tom Obama (Blake Phoenix)
1/2 (-200) - 66.667%
Flor Delicada (Billy Arseworth)
Joseph Pisun (Alex K)
Bento Barboza (Action Jackson)
1/1 (-100) - 50%
Yuan An (Alexander Melchiott)
Hassan Fezzik (Randall McSweeny)
Elifasi Msomii (Power Shark)
Wiaan Cronje (Prince Mitchell)
2-1 (+200) - 33.33%
Roberto Congo (G Wad)
Roche Doisneau (Emily Chenet)
Jason Hightower (Xyel Pain)
And so forth...
So, in conclusion, the odds suggest that there are three fighters with a 75% chance to win the ENTIRE tournament, another 3 with a 66.667% chance, and for good measure, 4 others with a 50% chance.
FlKeZFJ.gif

To compare these odds with the likes of the 2018 world cup:

Updated odds to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup:
Country Odds Brazil 7/2 Germany 4/1 Spain 6/1 France 6/1 Argentina 9/1 Belgium 10/1 England 16/1 Portugal 20/1 Colombia 33/1 Uruguay 33/1 Croatia 33/1 Russia 40/1 Poland 50/1 Mexico 80/1 Denmark 80/1 Switzerland 80/1 Sweden 100/1 Nigeria 150/1 Egypt 150/1 Senegal 150/1 Serbia 150/1 Japan 250/1 Morocco 250/1 Peru 200/1 Iceland 200/1 Australia 400/1 Costa Rica 400/1 South Korea 500/1 Tunisia 500/1 Iran 500/1 Saudi Arabia 750/1 Panama 750/1

Not saying anyone should be at 750/1 lol especially as we are all technically starting on even grounds but maybe somewhere in between?

It's funny someone mentioned the world cup odds as it was the 2020 euro cup that I was looking at when I first noticed how bad my odds were lol

I guess I was just thinking about what I could actually cover and the most I would be comfortable taking on. I wasn't looking to make money out of it but I definitely didn't want to end up owing millions of tycoon dollars to someone either. I'll try to have another go. I could offer more realistic odds but the maximum bet would be much lower.

Thanks for the constructive criticism G Wad. Exactly what I was looking for. Ta.

• Upvote 1

Omg a tournament held by mister wigglebottom that I missed the entry phase for.

I'm super sad as KT is my thing and ive been in every tournament wigglebottom held.

Note: I call him wigglebottom because last time our guys competed it was in a grappling event where I tapped his guy out haha

• Upvote 1

Agreed. And just a pro-tip for Alfred, no one should really be close to 50% odds to win at this stage.

(in before Karter complains his odds should be higher)

Alfred should fix the odds and take the following into consideration: Vasko is built wrong, he's too small, not enough wrestling, was training for TWGC when this fight offer came in... Rory could beat him with proper guidance...

With this new info, change the line, and I would like to pull a Chuck and donate to Alfred's org by placing 1 million on Vasko to win it all.

• Upvote 1

Jay Soul/John Blaze has been seemingly nuked from the game and so Captain Spaulding has graciously agreed to create a fighter and step in. He will take over from Jay's fighter after the fights this coming weekend and assume his schedule and whatever points he accrues there. Thanks Cap!

• Upvote 4

Jay Soul/John Blaze has been seemingly nuked from the game and so Captain Spaulding has graciously agreed to create a fighter and step in. He will take over from Jay's fighter after the fights this coming weekend and assume his schedule and whatever points he accrues there. Thanks Cap!

PBR thinks he's Captain American now, eh? Vasko might turn full heel and pull a McGregor next time he sees the older timer.

• Upvote 2