Empire Grand Prix 145 LBS (Finally!)

robin10

It's been a long time coming, but after a lot of thinking, and a lot of hardcore discussions, by the entire staff of Empire MMA, and our owner Mr Psycho Serrano, It's finally time. Time for what you guys may ask. Well, as you can see from the Title above, the (Empire Grand Prix 145) has arrived. And this Grand Prix is not going to be any normal one, to be honest, cause the guys in this tourney are, not only going to be fighting to win this Grand Prix. No, no, no. All the guys competing here will also be fighting to get a place in the Rankings that are going to be coming out, right after this Grand Prix ends (Details about how the rankings would work, will be posted in the organizations official Smack Talk Thread). And therefore, If you guys wanna further know what might me be in store for you, or what the prizes are, have a look at the rules below.

Rules and Prizes for the Grand Prix (Updated on 10/6/20)

~ No of fighters allowed: The Grand Prix will be consisting of 16 fighters.

But if we get more than 16 fighters in on this, we might consider a qualifying round (will be discussed further, once the thread is updated) [still under discussion]

~ Method by which the

Grand Prix will be held: The Grand prix will be a Knock out tournament, where one loss, will unfortunately mean the end of (Updated) journey for your fighters in the main tournament. But another loss in the mini-tourney, will Unfortunately mean the end of the road for your fighters in this Grand prix.

~ (Update): Now then, after some long discussions, we have made some changes and addition to the format by which the tournament will commence. So, the new things which are being added is a losers bracket (Recommended by Zoid aka barney). So the thing with this losers bracket is, the guys who will get eliminated from the main tournament will then directly join another mini tournament which will be specially held for the fighters that have lost. This mini- tournament might not have the big prizes left aside for the main tournament, but, what this tournament will have, is a hefty prize money for 1st and 2nd place fighters in it too. Here is a link to see what we are planning for you guys. https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator.html?ref=MkMrtQi5IL. We are doing this to keep the tournament interesting for all the participants until the very final day of this Grand Prix. Therefore, do let us know your views, if you guys like this idea or not.

~ Age requirements: The fighters should be aged 21 or under.

~ Rules: 1) 3x5 min Rounds

2) 10 point must scoring system

3) MMA rules

4) The tourney will consist of 4 stages

~ Prizes: 1) The winner will be awarded: 250k

The runner up will be awarded: 100k

The winning manager will get: 100k

There will be FOTN bonuses every round of: 10k

2) The winner will get a title shot at 145 Lbs title, if he decides to stay.

3) This one is obvious but still. The winners will be ranked as the next #1 contender in the rankings,

~ (Updates): 4) There will be several surprise prizes sponsored by a certain somebody who will be named after the tourney, for both the main tournament as well as the mini- tournament.

5) Now in addition to these prizes we will also have another couple of prizes to give away but for a different

type fight. So as many of you might have seen already, we are making a mini- tournament for the ones

that will unfortunately lose in the main tournament. And therefore, the reward for winning this

mini-tournament, will be a match with the winner of the Grand prix (I.e main tournament), where in if you

manage to win, then your fighter will win 50k prize money, else, they will get 25k for winning the losers

bracket anyway. And that's not all, as your guy, will also become the no#2 ranked fighter in the division. 6) A trophy will be given to the eventual winner of the Grand Prix. (i.e. winners bracket champ)

~ Aftermath: 1) All the fighters will be offered a contract to stay and join the organizations 145lbs division or 155lbs (if requested by the manager)

2) The fighters involved will be getting a spot in the rankings based on their performances.

3) And we won't be stopping anyone who will want to leave the organization after the Grand Prix ends.

So, if you guys are interested, send me the names of your fighters, or id's and the contracts will be sent.

But as i mentioned the qualifying rounds, i want to give some bits of details about how it will happen, So if the quali rounds does take place, the first 14 fighters that have requested contracts will directly go into the main bracket, whereas the rest of the 2 spots will be decided by the remaining fighters battling it out in one of our events. And from there on, the 2 guys who will impress us the most in their respective fights, will get a spot in the Grand Prix.

Therefore with that, Let the long road towards the Grand Prix begin.

Managers and fighters that have joined:

Managers Fighters

1) Dr John Zoidberg (Barney) Myke Bonner

2) Optimal MMA Picks Jung Ho Park

3) Alfred Winterbottom II Ergun Cerrahoglu

4) Zoo Wee Hukkelberry Flint

5) Robert Smith Tyson Abreu

6) Kenneth Gary Darius Rucker

7) Charles Lee Ray Ernesto Powers

8) Tomo The Chosen One Dario Balic

9) Scotty Jc Ricardo Morra Jr

10) Roger Jones Danny Peterson

11) Arcalimon the Coach Akihiro Imanari

12) Master Leader Jax Sigthorsson

13) Wes Wes Rony Stark

14) John Wayne Rounin Hashima

15) Psycho Serrano Damian Molina

16) Jason Smith Jim Reefer

And any contribution to the pool prize can be sent in this profile,,https://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=84102

• Upvote 6

Guys if you all can, please get your fighters entered in the tournament as soon as possible. Because Empire MMA has a special bracket system in place which will be unveiled later on, and not only that, we will have promos set up, but we would need at least 10 fighters to test those things.

So once again, a small request for everyone, please sign your fighter up for the tournament as soon as possible.

I would if the weight class was higher up. Weights like 185 allow fighters to move up and down to switch from almost all height and weight but 145 you can move down down from like 170 height wise.

Unless i sign up 6'2 featherweight(from 205 lbs)

I completely understand your point here, but unfortunately we have come too far now to back out and make a new one, but if this tourney turns out a success, we will make an even bigger one next time, with bumper prizes for winners and that, i give you my word, will be in the 185 lbs.

But if you still wanna give this tourney a shot, then please do send your fighters id below