Photo

The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (djohn @ Sep 22 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I'll give you in that instance he did yell "He's doing the same thing!" which is an attempt at coaching at least. But Imagine you're getting your ass stomped by a dude. You've been getting your ass stomped for 7 minutes or so already. Your opponent has opened up a vagina above your right eye. You finally get stood up and your corner is yelling "He's doing the same thing!"

If it was me, I might know what the fuck he's talking about... but given the conditions I think he could have been a little more specific. "Watch the Takedown" "Sprawl ABE!"

When you yell something like "He's doing the same thing" you could just as easily cause a train wreck in the person's brain your trying to help. In the time your trying to figure out What the hell he is doing that is the same, your down on the mat again.

Rampage was shouting to Abe the whole time he was on his back to either "Sweep or get up". Abe wasnt doing ANYTHING. Abe knew Madsen was gonna come in and attempt to take him down everytime he got up. Its not that hard to understand that a wrestler is going to try and take down a guy with superior striking. If Abe needed someone to tell him that he shouldn't of been on the show in the first place.

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I see Nelson, Schaub or Sims pullin' it out.

Size isn't everything, Marcus Jones will lose and by Knock out.

#23 djohn

djohn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (lwfighter109 @ Sep 22 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rampage was shouting to Abe the whole time he was on his back to either "Sweep or get up". Abe wasnt doing ANYTHING. Abe knew Madsen was gonna come in and attempt to take him down everytime he got up. Its not that hard to understand that a wrestler is going to try and take down a guy with superior striking. If Abe needed someone to tell him that he shouldn't of been on the show in the first place.

Hey I'm not defending Abe. Just saying when you're beat to the brink of senseless, going on for 7 minutes, I can see where some of Jackson's "training" sounded a little ambiguous.

Only seen Wagner in that one fight, and he totally did not look like he belonged on the show basing my assessment off that one fight.

But Rampage picked him.

Rampage Selected when Abe would fight, and who he would be fighting.

After making those poor descisions for his fighter..... leaving before the fight was even over is the certified move of a Titty Baby.
"Perfection is an Illusion of Perception. Perception is the Truth, filtered through the lens of Perspective."

http://www.cskrilla.com

QUOTE (blixxx @ Jul 1 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...u're my favorite manager in the game...

QUOTE (PBR @ Jun 23 2010, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...he acts and talks like he has been #1 manager since the game has started -- the best there is - the best there was and the best there ever will be...

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 9,683 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Football, Marijuana, Politics
  • Manager Profile

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Rampage is my favorite fighter. Some love was lost after he decided to delay the Rashad fight, if he loses that fight, I don't know how I could forgive him (as a fan)

With that bein said, Rampage isn't the best coach. He's actually a pretty awful coach. He's needs coached, he's that type of person, he's not the coach. Greg Jackson obviously brings a lot more to the table.

AND, I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan. Marcus Jones was not all that on the football field (Hershel Walker signed a deal with Strikeforce) and he doesn't look near in shape enough to compete. He's big, but big for nothin. I hope he does great and whatever, I want Kimbo to win, but Marcus Jones will prolly be eliminated fairly quickly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

I'm hoping Marcus Jones wins.

As the first episode showed, he lacks conditioning. It's fair to say he probably lacks fighting skills. And in everyone's eyes, at least from what I've heard, he's an underdog. So it'll be cool to see if he can work hard enough to win the whole thing.

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:03 AM

everyone is quick to dismiss rampage's decision to make abe fight madsen first as terrible. however, we have seen strategies in the past where coaches try to weed out their weakest guys first, by having them fight the strongest members of the other team. i'm not saying that is what rampage is doing, but it might be. if it turns out to work, we'll owe him a bit more credit than we're giving him. that being said, i really have to agree with everyone who is saying he is a bad coach and the deck is stacked against him pretty hard with greg jackson helping rashad.

#27 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 9,683 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Kleinomyte @ Sep 23 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone is quick to dismiss rampage's decision to make abe fight madsen first as terrible. however, we have seen strategies in the past where coaches try to weed out their weakest guys first, by having them fight the strongest members of the other team. i'm not saying that is what rampage is doing, but it might be. if it turns out to work, we'll owe him a bit more credit than we're giving him. that being said, i really have to agree with everyone who is saying he is a bad coach and the deck is stacked against him pretty hard with greg jackson helping rashad.

I know that'd be a good strategy. Hopefully he used his fighters to get rid of the people that would try to outwrestle Kimbo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 djohn

djohn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (CKeppelrun @ Sep 23 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that'd be a good strategy. Hopefully he used his fighters to get rid of the people that would try to outwrestle Kimbo.

Lol, that's so fucked up... and it may be what he's doing. If it is what he's doing, I lose respect for him and Kimbo. Poor Abe was a sacrificial Lamb
"Perfection is an Illusion of Perception. Perception is the Truth, filtered through the lens of Perspective."

...he acts and talks like he has been #1 manager since the game has started -- the best there is - the best there was and the best there ever will be...

#29 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 9,683 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (djohn @ Sep 23 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, that's so fucked up... and it may be what he's doing. If it is what he's doing, I lose respect for him and Kimbo. Poor Abe was a sacrificial Lamb

Yeah, in the sense he isn't bein the best coach. But there's no doubt in my mind he isn't the best coach. He can barely find somebody he truly respects as a coach. Not really a coachin' type of guy anymore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Kleinomyte @ Sep 20 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm pulling for kimbo just because i always have a soft spot for underdogs. also i hope madsen gets raped in his next fight because that fake hand shake shit was lame as fuck.

Where it was smart strategy because the guy was obviously looking to tap gloves... it was utter bullshit and I agree with you. I hope he gets KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT. On the other hand Abe looked like shit.

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

Also, I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Kimbo. Fuck Kimbo. Rampage is slowly covering himself in cum while thinking of kimbo and does nothing else but say KIMBO MINE KIMBO MINE KIMBO MINE. Enough dude. You are a terrible coach and i hope Kimbo gets Petruzellid

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (SJ003 @ Sep 23 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Kimbo. Fuck Kimbo. Rampage is slowly covering himself in cum while thinking of kimbo and does nothing else but say KIMBO MINE KIMBO MINE KIMBO MINE. Enough dude. You are a terrible coach and i hope Kimbo gets Petruzellid

I don't mind Kimbo. He's overhyped, but he's not a bad person or anything. He actually comes off as a pretty cool guy.

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

I really dont want kimbo to win and why does he deserve a big entrance at the beginning of the show thats stupid and i really like Rampage but i lost respect for him RETIREMENT!! he would rather be in a crappy movie than fight Rashad

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (CKeppelrun @ Sep 23 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a good strategy, but just turns Rampage from being a shitty coach to being a shitty person. To sacrifice people just so one you like succeeds, shitty as hell. Hope to see Madsen fight Kimbo just so he can take him down and cut him open like he did Abe.

#35 djohn

djohn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Samb59 @ Sep 23 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a good strategy, but just turns Rampage from being a shitty coach to being a shitty person. To sacrifice people just so one you like succeeds, shitty as hell. Hope to see Madsen fight Kimbo just so he can take him down and cut him open like he did Abe.

Church.

#36 WOG

WOG

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:God, my wonderfull family, and MMA
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wes is so freakin annoying!

Did you guys see Rampage is done fighting?
Christian MMA Fighters check out:

Christian Cage Fighters

CCF Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fighters Wanted!!!! Please send a PM for details.

Konflikt VP

#37 Mac.McCarty

Mac.McCarty

White Belt

• Manager
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:12 AM

Second fight announced, James McSweeney vs Wes Shivers.
My pick is McSweeney.

#38 Mac.McCarty

Mac.McCarty

White Belt

• Manager
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:41 AM

Wes has bad cardio and he keeps on lifting his chin whenever McSweeney motions toward him. I don't think he knows how to work the ground either. I score the first round 10-9 McSweeney, although Shivers got the takedown I think McSweeney has landed more damaging shots.

#39 Mac.McCarty

Mac.McCarty

White Belt

• Manager
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:50 AM

Absolutely horrible round by shivers, this guy should not be in the octagon. My guess is a third round.

• Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

wes would cream him if he had ANY conditioning from the looks of things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users