INSANITY’S MAD HATTER TOURNAMENT

Beck

Congratulations to our very first Mad Hatter!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13946388843671.gif

Carl "Smooth" Jamison

Carl started out his journey in the Mad Hatter tournament by facing Random Hajile, a wrestler whom he battled with for 3 full rounds and ending up getting the Unanimous Decision. In the next fight that was randomly drafted for him, he faced Armen Hammer, a striker who just came of a win himself. Carl won this fight via TKO in the first round. In his 3rd fight that was randomly drafted for him, he took on Pat Verbeek, who some considered to be a favourite in the tournament. Carl however showed his talents, and showed his dominance by out striking the dangerous Verbeek and getting another Unanimous Decision win. By this time we were moving into the brackets, and Carl was choosen to face El Mo first. A fighter who had two quick TKO wins so far, but also had recently lost the same way. Carl knew what to against this fighter, and was able to secure the win under a minute with another TKO victory on his name. Next up in the brackets, Carl was taking on Pat Verbeek once again! Verbeek just came of a KO victory and showed the world he was not done just yet. However, Carl disagreed with that , and with a different approach this time he was once again able to score a Unanimous Decision win. Carl made it to the finals, where he would fight an elite grappler in Dr Thork. Dr Thork has been winning every fight by way of submission in the very first round of all his Mad Hatter fights, and this would truly be a test of willpower. The entire first round was exactly where Carl wanted his fight, standing up and landing strikes. In the second round it seemed Dr Thork was going to get his way, having the fight on the ground, but to many surprise to all of us, Carl was able to do very well himself, scoring some reversals and making sure all the submissions attempts were simply a waste of energy for Dr Thork. In round thre we saw a takedown by Thork early on, but Carl played it smart and got a referee standup and was able to keep the fight standing for the remainder of the round. In the fourth round, another takedown and a quick referee standup to follow it. Carl was back on his feet scoring points, but a late takedown was successful for Dr Thork and the round ended on the ground. In round five, fatigue set in and Dr Thork was able to get an takedown seconds into the round. Many sub attempts followed throughout the round, and Dr Thork was scoring the points here. Late in the round, a referee standup was in effect but there was too little time for Carl to do anything with it. In the end, Carl’s performance throughout the fight was more than enough to secure him a Unanimous Decision win (46-49, 47-48, 46-49). With this, Carl Jamison became the Mad Hatter Tournament winner!

-----------------

1st place; Carl Jamison

2nd place; Dr Thork

3rd place; Pat Verbeek

---------------------------

Congratulations on all for winning the price money and other awards (which I shall take care of after this post)

Thank you all for participating and making this tournament as great as it was, I really enjoyed seeing the evoluation of fighters and it was great dealing with all of you managers.

I will set up the voting for the Off the Tournament awards later, and also find out the quickest sub/ko wins, and who had most finishes :)

Thank you all!

• Upvote 1

Good win Dee !

I thought I could secure the sub and get a total of 2M$ cash with it ! You worked your defense better than I did ! Congrats!

Extra Prices

Fastest Submission of the tournament 150k + 50k by KRad

Fastest KO of the tournament 150k + 50k by KRad

Most Dominant Fighter (most finishes) 150k + 150k by KRad

The Maddest Hatter (win all fights via finishes) – 1 million - N/A

Most Dominant Fighter – Dr Thork – 5 submission victories

Fastest Submission - Dr Thork over Darren Kissel by way of Kimura @ 00:18 in the 1st round

Fastest KO - Darren Kissel over Michael Brophy by way of KO (Punch) @ 00:20 in the 1st round

Polls for the other of The Tournament awards will be done in the next few days, I got some other things to take care of first that have a deadline for tomorow

• 2 weeks later...