• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#41 TheGuvnor

TheGuvnor

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well considering Lewis retired after that fight..................that's why the rematch never happened.

And you know why he did retire? Because if he did not retire he would have to fight Vitaly again and he knew he would loose to him. If you dont understand that you have to quit watching sports period.

#42 LanceTempleton

LanceTempleton

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

Guys, guys. You are all forgetting about 1 person. Joe Louis

Rocky Marciano!  :D

00:00 zyd people have said other managers were the best ever before guys like luke and GG and shit but i never felt that way about any of them and it shows i was right with how they went out

00:00 zyd but lance is that guy

00:00 zyd hes the real #1

00:00 zyd like ... to the point where i kinda think something shady must be going on that i cant see

00:01 zyd cause no ones ever been this

#43 Steel

Steel

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Lewis retired because he was over the hill. I saw him live at Earls Court when he beat Ruddock, in Cardiff when he beat Bruno and in Vegas against Tucker. He was old and slow when he fought Vitali, not the lean fighter when I saw him.

It is like saying the Marciano v Louis match up defined who was the best, Louis was a grandad and needed the money and Marciano a young man. But no one uses that fight as a benchmark.

However Lewis won, old, fat and slow and peak Vitali did not take him apart.

#44 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,927 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Football, Hockey, MMA, basically anything sports related.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

And you know why he did retire? Because if he did not retire he would have to fight Vitaly again and he knew he would loose to him. If you dont understand that you have to quit watching sports period.

Because he was 38 and didnt want to end up like other boxers who had issues functioning later on in life due to head trauma. That couldn't be a legitimate reason though could it.

Lewis retired because he was over the hill. I saw him live at Earls Court when he beat Ruddock, in Cardiff when he beat Bruno and in Vegas against Tucker. He was old and slow when he fought Vitali, not the lean fighter when I saw him.

This.

#45 TheGuvnor

TheGuvnor

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

It is like saying the Marciano v Louis match up defined who was the best, Louis was a grandad and needed the money and Marciano a young man. But no one uses that fight as a benchmark.

Yes sure and now the excuses that he was slow and old.

Because he was 38 and didnt want to end up like other boxers who had issues functioning later on in life due to head trauma. That couldn't be a legitimate reason though could it.

Of course there would be trauma after he would fight Vitaly again he would get smashed into living death.

#46 ScoobyAli

ScoobyAli

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

Of course there would be trauma after he would fight Vitaly again he would smashed into living death.

Are you a Ch3rubim or S3raphin multi?

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

#47 TheGuvnor

TheGuvnor

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

Are you Ch3rubim or S3raphin?

No I just quote Ken Shamrock.

#48 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

tyson at his best was unbeatable ! 

#49 ddennis2

ddennis2

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Ali much?

#50 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Ali would have beaten Tyson fairly easy... I like Mike but if you ever seen him fight in the Golden Gloves in NY you wouldve seen a totally different fighter than what you seen on TV... He was too predictable and Ali would have toyed with that... Marciano was very much like Mike Tyson or I should say Mike was like Rocky... My favorite boxer though was Sugar Ray Robinson. I loved watching the old fighters that could fight 150 fights and still smile, and his life story was great.  I did my book reports on Robinson in High School.

I was also a big fan of Ken Norton and Boom Boom Mancini whos career ended after his tragic fight with Duk Ku Kim  <--- (talk about having Heart as a Hidden I dont think anyone could beat Kim in that catagory) .

44733e85-a2ce-4e15-af1b-eecf9b7776a1_zps

#51 ScoobyAli

ScoobyAli

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Ali would have beaten Tyson fairly easy... I like Mike but if you ever seen him fight in the Golden Gloves in NY you wouldve seen a totally different fighter than what you seen on TV... He was too predictable and Ali would have toyed with that... Marciano was very much like Mike Tyson or I should say Mike was like Rocky... My favorite boxer though was Sugar Ray Robinson. I loved watching the old fighters that could fight 150 fights and still smile, and his life story was great.  I did my book reports on Robinson in High School.

I was also a big fan of Ken Norton and Boom Boom Mancini whos career ended after his tragic fight with Duk Ku Kim  <--- (talk about having Heart as a Hidden I dont think anyone could beat Kim in that catagory) .

I see you bro.... BTW Lennox Lewis ate Mike Tyson up in Golden Gloves NY

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

#52 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

Tyson was not a good amatuer fighter... He looked terrible... I think Tyson would have really done well had he been able to control his emotions but when Cus passed away it kinda ruined him =(  (and Don King didnt really help)

44733e85-a2ce-4e15-af1b-eecf9b7776a1_zps

#53 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

should make pole on this im sure there has been hundreds of thousands but have we had one on here?

f7jvwER.gif

#54 Timmy

Timmy

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:Christian baiting, not consuming things, boycotting advertisers, and DIY dentistry.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

What made Ali great were his opponents. Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Liston, Patterson, Cooper, etc.

Tyson was incredible on the way up (when he was disciplined) and I beleive he would have fought anyone in those days had the competition been there, but it wasn't. It's unfair really, but Tyson can never be considered a Legend in the same way Ali is.

Who would win the fantasy fight? Well, Ali has his record against Frazier to back up his claim. Yes, Ali had more dificulty with Frazier than anyone, and Tyson has some similarities to Frazier, but Ali did finally come out on top. When you add that to what happened when Tyson fought Lennox Lewis, I think it proves that Tyson would have to be considered underdog vs Ali.

#55 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

What made Ali great were his opponents. Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Liston, Patterson, Cooper, etc.

Tyson was incredible on the way up (when he was disciplined) and I beleive he would have fought anyone in those days had the competition been there, but it wasn't. It's unfair really, but Tyson can never be considered a Legend in the same way Ali is.

Who would win the fantasy fight? Well, Ali has his record against Frazier to back up his claim. Yes, Ali had more dificulty with Frazier than anyone, and Tyson has some similarities to Frazier, but Ali did finally come out on top. When you add that to what happened when Tyson fought Lennox Lewis, I think it proves that Tyson would have to be considered underdog vs Ali.

see your talking about later mike !      the mike tyson  that beat  Michael Spinks  could beat any man who has ever laced up gloves .

#56 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

US national Golden Gloves heavyweight champion

#57 Tycooner

Tycooner

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Tyson was not a good amatuer fighter... He looked terrible... I think Tyson would have really done well had he been able to control his emotions but when Cus passed away it kinda ruined him =(  (and Don King didnt really help)

US national Golden Gloves heavyweight champion   won gold medals at the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympic Games  TYSON won every bout at the Junior Olympic Games by knockout it had never been done before or after .His amateur record was an impressive 24-3, which would have made him the American heavyweight representative in the 1984 Olympics, had it not been for two controversial losses.

#58 alcapone

alcapone

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

Mike Tyson would win, he is similar to Frazier and Kenny Norton, Fraziker beat ali once, lose the last fight ( when he was way past prime) and the second fight was, IMO, a draw, but Ali was very dirty and clinch realy ugly, the ref should take him some points away so IMO Frazier , from style, beat ali 2 and loose one,
Ken Norton beat ali, and in the first fight he hit the shit out of Ali, who was very quick, one of the best chins, and mentaly hard, but he lack of devence, and the Style like Norton, Frazier, Mike Tyson, was just all wrong for him, he was down some times by a left hook, and Mike have the ebst left hook, he was the fastest, the strongest, the best devense and, in his prime, a perfect mentality, he lives for boxing and with Rooney in his corner, he CAN beat everyone, Holyfiel was stylistic a nightmare for him, so would be a prime Vitali Klitchko!
Ali ist personaly GREAT but he has a lot of luck in the time, for his time he was a big HW, for nowdays he would be Small, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir kitchko, Mike Tyson, Holyfield would beat him, so would the HW Roy Jones.

#59 alcapone

alcapone

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

see your talking about later mike !      the mike tyson  that beat  Michael Spinks  could beat any man who has ever laced up gloves .

This is true, but the win is underrated, look, Ali and Frazier, booth hit the shit out of the other and the people say Great, Wladimir Klinchko dominate like a Lion but people like dumb wars when booth boxers get hit....Mike Tyson, in his prime, have one of the best, when not THE best defence of all time, to beat Mike, you need all punches, fight dirty, clinch a lot, i dont talk about "frustrate" Mike, i think a prime Mike with Kevin in his corner never get frustrated...
Mike Tyson would win by UD or TKO because his combinations would be too mutch for Alis coatch Dundee or the ref...

Mike have better tecknique, better defence, he have the ebst style to beat him, and his speed was similar....Tyson is all wrong for Ali.

#60 Timmy

Timmy

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:Christian baiting, not consuming things, boycotting advertisers, and DIY dentistry.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

This is true, but the win is underrated, look, Ali and Frazier, booth hit the shit out of the other and the people say Great, Wladimir Klinchko dominate like a Lion but people like dumb wars when booth boxers get hit....Mike Tyson, in his prime, have one of the best, when not THE best defence of all time, to beat Mike, you need all punches, fight dirty, clinch a lot, i dont talk about "frustrate" Mike, i think a prime Mike with Kevin in his corner never get frustrated...
Mike Tyson would win by UD or TKO because his combinations would be too mutch for Alis coatch Dundee or the ref...

Mike have better tecknique, better defence, he have the ebst style to beat him, and his speed was similar....Tyson is all wrong for Ali.

That is interesting and makes me doubt my opinion, but Ali wasn't easy to KO and I have a feeling that would have been enough for 2 rounds. Enough to beat Tyson, even in his prime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxing, tyson, mike, muhammad, ali, fight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users