Return of Fights Of The Week

GBK16

Back in January I posted a Write-Up called "Fights Of The Week" and it got a hugely positive reception. Due to real life I didn't have much time each week to really be committing to writing but now things have settled down and I am doing a thing which requires me to be typing for like 2 hours a day, so with that, Fights Of The Week (Among other potential write ups) will be returning next week with a preview of 5 of the biggest fights happening and this should be happening for the foreseeable future.

Just for a reminder, this was the first edition of Fights Of The Week - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57639&hl=

Comment the fights you wanna see done in a preview below - Fights outside the top organisations will also be considered! If you want me to do a special write up (Intervew, Fighter Bio etc.) just send me a PM with the details and we'll see if it can happen.

Edit - The fights need to be happening between the dates of Monday 22nd til Sunday 28th May

• Upvote 5

Interview with...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13950837055729.jpg

Diego “The Gladiator” Bustamante!

Former Trinity Heavyweight champion

2x former Syn Super Heavyweight champion

ITFL Season 4 Individual Winner

Diego, great to see you again. Last time we spoke, it was when I ran Trinity and you had just finished your contract. Since your time in the ITFL which you won, your career has remained at the very top. How important do you feel the ITFL was to launching your career?

Hello Grant, good to see you. ITFL was the perfect chance for me to establish myself as one of the best upcoming HW fighters, I knew if I won, I get the attention of the top HW fighters in the world and money, lots of money! It's a shame Trinity closed, it was the org which gave me the platform to take the world by a storm and I always wanted to come home and retake that title once more before I retire.

You've picked up a number of great wins in your career, including 2 victories over Derfel Cadarn who it was later proved was using PED's during those fights. Who do you feel has been your biggest win in your career so far however?

Heh, PEDs might make you hit harder but that means shit if you end up getting hit by me first! That disgraced fool brought shame to MMA, I'm glad he is gone not that it would have mattered if he was still around now, I mean he couldn't beat me with PEDs so when was he ever going to? *sniggers* The biggest win of my career has to be against the Hall of Famer Randolph Turpin. He's one of the most successful HW / SHW fighters and there's no bigger test that fighting a Hall of Famer who is still good enough to throw down with the best fighters in the world. I have the utmost respect for him and whenever he came calling for a rematch I had no doubt in my mind that the right thing would be to give him the rematch he was seeking, plus it gave me a chance to prove that I truly was the better fighter by beating him twice.

You are set to take on Robbie Luatua who is the #3 ranked fighter in the division, while also being the Ascension champion. What are your thoughts on the upcoming fight?

He's on a 12 fight win streak so deserves to be highly ranked, his last win was the biggest of his career, beating Gymer who ended my run as Syn HW champion. I think with that win he's proven himself as an elite HW fighter though I have my doubts about some of his wins in his 12 fight win streak, I mean there's quite a few rematches in there and I'm not overly sure on just how talented some of those HW fighters are, maybe talented in terms of making a complete ass of themselves getting beat live in front of millions but that's about the height of it.

Luatua gets a chance to fight another top name HW fighter and to continue to earn the respect of millions of fight fans across the world. Me on the other chance? I get the chance to take on Ascension champ, #3 in the world and prove that this fighter is over hyped and get myself back high in the rankings

Is there any dream fights you have right now, from either a past or current fighter?

The Maldini fight was the biggest fuck up in my career, everyone knows he got lucky and he retired before I got the chance to rematch him. I have no doubt his former manager will talk some shit about that but it's all fun and games being able to talk shit and not back it up, he should have put his money where his mouth was and thrown down once more with me. Besides that, I feel it'd be a good match up to fight Gymer again. William King should have never beaten me in ITFL and I want to get a rematch before I retire. Itse Perkele was probably the other stand out HW fighter from the same season as me and I'd love the chance to fight him once more, our first one was a good fight and I feel I've improved a hell of a lot since then.

and finally, prediction for the fight?

76 fights between both myself and my opponent, only 10 decisions between us. Expect fireworks. I'm gonna step into that cage and show him why I have been called The Gladiator. I intend on taking his head off with one of my signature head kicks!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1