Changes to clothing and nutrition companies

MMATycoon

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the clothes thing. What if someone is wearing a magic white shirt and a 150 rated fight shorts for two fights? Will morale still go down? It's basically forcing new fighters to buy both a shirt AND shorts for their fights if morale still goes down for wearing 1 special clothing.

looks cool.

i really like the idea of "enticing" people to buy local. i mean, honestly, i been using mostly NSN, MMA's Best and my stuff...but only cuz i'm not familiar with many of the other cities companies and if they're selling what they say they are.

hopefully this spawns some chatter about who's selling what and that alone will help a lot of the smaller companies get their name out there.

i try and help out with other companies as rollins and ty have with mine but i don't have their money. there are those out there who do that complain there's nothing to spend money on...well, got a fighter in sydney? know someone from chat or forums that has a company in rio? go help em out.

even if it's just a little...it helps. the only way these other companies can get better product is if their product gets sold.

not sure what that has to do with anything really, just thought i'd throw it out there. lol.

Get your Recovery now because I FUCKED UP the order lol. :nerdrage:

Dohhhhh!!!!!

Mike this is an outrage! How do you expect me to create a MMA Tycoon supplement Utopia when I'm chained like a dog to a tree? ;-/

This totally stifles my secret plan for world domination. My attorneys will be contacting your gray wigged attorneys first thing in the morning!!!

While I do understand that there had to be something done to make clothing and supplements companies, more fun to run. And I definently think that this will help.

I have some concerns however (not directly affecting me, since I've been in the game for long enough and have good enough fighters that earn money).

I forsee prices at NSN, MMAs-Best + a few others prices to take a drastic turn upward. I don't know how much, but I'm guessing they will double. Supply and demand demands it. If they can only sell 2500 a month, they will ofc raise the price of the good so that demand will meet supply at exactly 2500 units a month.

This will allow them to have high margins and continue developing new supplements, faster than anyone else (who will also be capped by the 2500 but won't be able to have the same margins).

Removing one barrier replacing it with another IMO.

So what's the problem with this then? For me... nothing. For Nutrition companies, nothing.

For new managers. a lot.

I have the luxury of having a few champs and contenders under my tutelage. This mean I rake in enough money to sponsor my new fighters with clothes, good gyms and supplements. I can also keep them "safe" for a long time, they don't need to fight, so to speek. Cause I'm their sugar-daddy.

New managers with new fighters don't have this luxury. They get by with magic white clothes, cheap supplements, and entry level gyms. QFC is their source of income (or part-time training). I've been there as well, but back then, the competition was even (everyone was new or almost new to the game).

These "super supplements" will be basically unaffordable for these managers. Creating an even bigger divide between those new managers, and managers in my position.

I will continue to buy 159 recovery from Non-stop even if it costs 500-600 it won't matter, making 7k to fight and another 7k to win...

The training-changes was very much needed and made the playing-field more even (harder to create "super-fighters". But this is a step in the wrong direction when it comes to new managers.

my 0,02

Is there any reason new managers should have access to 158+ supps off the bat? I can pretty much flat out promise there are still gonna be affordable 150+ supps around. That it'll take some weeks before a new manager can start getting 156-159Q is that really in any way a problem?

Also with caps on the highest selling companies the companies behind them are also gonna be pulling in more money = more companies will be able to offer higher quality supps, even if it's not gonna be quite the highest quality for some time still.

While I do understand that there had to be something done to make clothing and supplements companies, more fun to run. And I definently think that this will help.

I have some concerns however (not directly affecting me, since I've been in the game for long enough and have good enough fighters that earn money).

I forsee prices at NSN, MMAs-Best + a few others prices to take a drastic turn upward. I don't know how much, but I'm guessing they will double. Supply and demand demands it. If they can only sell 2500 a month, they will ofc raise the price of the good so that demand will meet supply at exactly 2500 units a month.

This will allow them to have high margins and continue developing new supplements, faster than anyone else (who will also be capped by the 2500 but won't be able to have the same margins).

So what's the problem with this then? For me... nothing. For Nutrition companies, nothing.

For new managers. a lot.

I have the luxury of having a few champs and contenders under my tutelage. This mean I rake in enough money to sponsor my new fighters with clothes, good gyms and supplements. I can also keep them "safe" for a long time, they don't need to fight, so to speek. Cause I'm their sugar-daddy.

New managers with new fighters don't have this luxury. They get by with magic white clothes, cheap supplements, and entry level gyms. QFC is their source of income (or part-time training). I've been there as well, but back then, the competition was even (everyone was new or almost new to the game).

These "super supplements" will be basically unaffordable for these managers. Creating an even bigger divide between those new managers, and managers in my position.

I will continue to buy 159 recovery from Non-stop even if it costs 500-600 it won't matter, making 7k to fight and another 7k to win...

The training-changes was very much needed and made the playing-field more even (harder to create "super-fighters". But this is a step in the wrong direction when it comes to new managers.

my 0,02

While it may limit new managers, it also adds a hint of realism to the game. Not many fighters new to the game can afford top supps, affliction gear, and training at Extreme Couture. Now, a year down the line, after theyve made some releationships, progress in their training/career, they begin to receive some perks. Much like the real world.

I know that I have guys I sponsor outright -- managers -- they know to come to me and their fighter gets a deal, regardless of their record. This comes from working together with others in the community, another tip for aiding your new guys to getting some help at the beginning. My 2 cents there, make change if ya need! ;)

For new managers. a lot.

my 0,02

there's a cap on the supp price so you won't have to worry about it going up to $500-$600...159 are still only $250

new managers can also go to companies for sponsorship so they can have the $ to go buy supps...it's been workin for me for awhile now.

You are 100% wrong solution. We will have plenty159 quality now in half the time we would have without the changes. I foresee 159 beeing cheaper than 200 in 3 months from now.

I am willing to bet 50k on that.

You must be completely blind to not see it.

Here is the scenario:

People have cash, 20 people having 600 000k, are found fast enough. They are unhappy cause rollins sold out. They chose a company owner, throw him the cash, and in no time he gives them sponsorships with 159ers, while they buy worthless crap of his shells. That way they secure that they really get a part of the good stuff.

That will happen the first month.

The second month 20 more shops like that emerged and they produce enough to have a spill over effect on the market, and prices will come closer to the break even.

Honestly some of this stuff is exciting. I just noticed it when I was checking out hi-street and was wondering what the new pages where. Must say the top-25 is sweet and was stoked to see my company on that list. I want to keep bringing the community some top notch clothing at reasonable costs. I know if people help get me to 500 weeks, I will be really inclined to start offering up some big sale items! Might put in a big order for a 500 week shirt that is only on sale when that mark is hit. Keep the changes coming and keep it exciting!

Although I like the Company Awards. I don't like limiting the amount of sales for clothing. Not trying to shit on the love fest in here. Just thinking the current "drive" to expand your business and increase sales is lost.

For clothing it seriously reduces the desire to make large gym and org clothing deals for lower prices at bulk rates. Since I will likely be near my cap (last weeks sales: 585 x 4 = 2340) I might as well just sit back and do nothing?

I'm all for trying to level the playing field some, but lumping supps in with clothing is getting old. The price caps was to help the smaller supps companies, as was the shipping (and to add realism, granted) But why do us clothing guys seem to get in roped in with them and their problems?

2b. Manager trophies.

We’ll be rolling out trophies like we have for fighters. This will be for fights themselves (e.g. 10 wins etc), but will also be for running successful companies. Details TBA but should be sorted within a week.

3. Magic white t-shirt/shorts change.

To generate more clothing sales, the effectiveness of magic white clothing will be decreased. If your fighter has more than 2 fights and is wearing magic white clothing, their morale will slowly drop, to a cap of 130 out of 150. Currently wearing magic white clothing doesn’t increase or decrease morale. This change will not affect fighters with less than 2 fights, to enable newer users to ease into the game. This will be brought into effect in about 2 days, to give people time to buy their fighters some clothes.

These are my two favorites!

Overall makes it more exciting but I can see it hindering some companys like HBF, Non Stop, Bushido, etc

Ya there really is no need to lump clothing companies into the cap system. Agreed it had to be done for nutrition companies but its really not needed for clothing companies.

I'm also no seeing the reason to lump clothing and supps together

agree, the caps are good for supps since there is an inherent difference between products. Since clothing is all aesthetic I don't really see a need for a cap there. It doesn't take a huge loan to make the best clothing, just artistic talent and effort. A cap isn't going to make anyone work harder or draw better.

I'm surprised that nobody started to complain yet. This means that supplements will become a lot more expensive. The good thing about that is that it gives money a little bit more value again. I will have to ask ask for better contracts from the org managers now. 1/1/1 from Blitzkrieg FC simply won't do anymore.

Honestly, I don't like when you put that out of context randomly. You were given a 1/1/1 for an interim period of 2 months where you wouldn't fight because that fighter is participating TUM in which there is a training period of 2 months. If you have an issue with it, ill release you right now and you can choose to not participate.

Honestly, I don't like when you put that out of context randomly. You were given a 1/1/1 for an interim period of 2 months where you wouldn't fight because that fighter is participating TUM in which there is a training period of 2 months. If you have an issue with it, ill release you right now and you can choose to not participate.

I agree that's kinda shady to be throwing business out there for people to see....Keep that shit to yourself or in game mail!