Self Confident

WarMachine

Hi guys

So I've been evaluating my fighters and one of my guys popped early in his career self confident as his hidden.

What can I do with self confidence if I'm reluctant to sack him off?

He's a stand up fighter now but should I switch him to a ground guy?

What does self confidence do really?

Hi guys

So I've been evaluating my fighters and one of my guys popped early in his career self confident as his hidden.

What can I do with self confidence if I'm reluctant to sack him off?

He's a stand up fighter now but should I switch him to a ground guy?

What does self confidence do really?

I think it mostly prevents your fighter from turning into a bitch if he starts losing. Confident fighters get more aggressive.

Self confidence = instant sack now days? -- by no means to me does it equal instant sack -- what if his confidence is 145 or 150 then nothing can be higher but still could have awesome ko power, chin and so on ---- usually low confidence equals instant sack cause hard to set up sliders for but that can even be overcome if have ko power --- too many give up on fighters just cause no perfect hiddens now days -- hell luke had 2 or 3 fighters reach #1 that showed likes gardening, likes pizza, good in bed and other remarks like that

Self confidence = instant sack now days? -- by no means to me does it equal instant sack -- what if his confidence is 145 or 150 then nothing can be higher but still could have awesome ko power, chin and so on ---- usually low confidence equals instant sack cause hard to set up sliders for but that can even be overcome if have ko power --- too many give up on fighters just cause no perfect hiddens now days -- hell luke had 2 or 3 fighters reach #1 that showed likes gardening, likes pizza, good in bed and other remarks like that

It doesnt work that way man. There is some floor amount of points to show any hidden on tott. And hiddens have some hierarchy with granite chin being top, ko power next and then second tier chin/ko power - solid chin and big right hand. Meaning if u have that hidden over that floor it will show on tott for sure. Lets say that floor is 100 points - if u have 101 points in chin it will show solid chin on tott, no matter if u have 150 heart and 150 confidence. Afaik, confidence is at the bottom of that hierarchy meaning that if ur fighter shows confident then his chin/ko power/heart are below the needed points to show on tott. Sorry for my illiterate English but I had too much whiskey but I hope u can understand what i am trying to explain lol.

Personally, i sack everything that isnt ko power/BRH/heavy handed/granite,solid,good chin

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here's the thing: you can definitely make a shit fighter good with good training and sliders BUT it will be much harder when you lack the core hiddens like Chin or KO power, etc. I used to keep guys no matter what and see if I could give them a good run and usually I could find plenty of space for them to compete and have a good career however it's kind of shitty having a can because usually all they can beat is cans or once in a while edge a decision over an actual good fighter. It's a crap shoot really, you never know but the odds are against you which is why it is better to sack guys with low hiddens as ovoxo has said.

"Self Confident" is like the second or third worse hidden you can roll, it basically means your fighter only has a decent confidence hidden and THAT'S IT, aside from the 30 points you put into chin or ko, whatever you chose initially. The best you can do with a fighter who rolled "self confident" is basically give him some TDs and build his ground game, if he has intelligence to go with that then the confidence will cause him to have some good ground activity and intelligence will pose a bit of a threat from time to time. It's the only way you can protect his lack of chin other than building SD as high as you can get it.

I wish you luck with your fighter.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

You never know an exact value and can't find them anywhere, VIP doesn't show you anything with hiddens either. Basically for those who have played the game a bunch, it's been a testing process and it's mostly using the tale of the tape, confidence drop after loss, and reading many fights. If you see a guy get cut in every fight, you know he has a low cut hidden. If his confidence drops to 0 after a loss and he took a couple punches and stopped fighting you know he has low confidence. etc. If tale of the tape shows granite/good chin he's tougher to knockout and so on and so forth.

so if my fighter has a bad hidden, lets say it likes musical.

does it mean he only likes musical or my fighter can still knock a guy out cold?

This guy (legend of my alliance) http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=211636 pops "Can Moonwalk". Knocked out 14 of his 22 opponents. So, yes, they can still knock a guy out cold despite.

So someone who shows 'Very confident' for example...Does that mean that all of his hiddens are crap? Or could tgey still be reasonable enough? (I mean a 'Granite chin' with low confidence, low power could be a worse mix than someone who shows 'Very Confident'?

Basically yes you are right: a Granite Chin with no confidence or power might be worse than a guy with "self confident" on the TOTT but the "self confident" guy has almost no chin value. At that point it's a battle of the cans and I'd sack both fighters because they both suck.

A high confidence fighter will have a crazy workrate but based off of getting "self confident" on the TOTT means his tireless efforts will be more or less for naught since he's got no power and what's more can get Ko'd in no time with his lack of chin.

The Granite Chin guy at least can withstand some punishment but still sucks ass with no power and no workrate, basically a fatass with pillowfists)