26 replies to this topic

#21 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:46 AM

there goes my quadruple  :weeping:

In all seriousness though I do believe it should remain as three separate categories - avatar, poster and designer. The thinking behind this is that there is ridiculous competition in the avatar market this year with hundreds of top quality pieces coming through and they deserve to fight for a unique reward. Posters are in a similar boat and although the market isn't as deep, there has still been some great creations from a handful of skilled designers. Finally, the Designer OTY award is about the person and what they have done and can be to do with consistency, quality, activity or anything - not necessarily about a single piece of standout work which is what the other awards are for.

Should we meet halfway?  Avatar and Poster I totally understand but the rest are a bit repetitive and well after all we are trying hard to shorten the list no? 

I`d be good with keeping New and Breakthrough Manager of the year considering I am running the events this year and won`t mess it up like Jungle did and accepting a very tenured manager (very deserving just should not have qualified) as Breakthrough candidate. 

What do you guys think? 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#22 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

Should we meet halfway?  Avatar and Poster I totally understand but the rest are a bit repetitive and well after all we are trying hard to shorten the list no? 

I`d be good with keeping New and Breakthrough Manager of the year considering I am running the events this year and won`t mess it up like Jungle did and accepting a very tenured manager (very deserving just should not have qualified) as Breakthrough candidate. 

What do you guys think?

The rest? I only suggested the three - avatar, poster and overall designer. Logo and all that other shite can get binned

#23 BobbMogg

BobbMogg

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:All sports, boxing,mma, nfl, football, rugby.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Do many organisations have their own individual award ceremonies?

Eg:

Fight of the year,
Fighter of the year.
Best Ko,
Best submission, Etc...

#24 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,767 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

I think we should keep the awards as they are. Why remove any of them? It is just a bunch of polls anyway, each award has it's merit, obviously some awards are more valuable than others, but so what? 

I do not think we should add anything new, but the current ones are fine.

#25 poraan

poraan

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

I think we should keep the awards as they are. Why remove any of them? It is just a bunch of polls anyway, each award has it's merit, obviously some awards are more valuable than others, but so what? 

I do not think we should add anything new, but the current ones are fine.

I think those awards that wont have any real data behind and are 100% popularity based, are totally pointless. Like submission of the year, KO of the year etc.

#26 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

I think those awards that wont have any real data behind and are 100% popularity based, are totally pointless. Like submission of the year, KO of the year etc.

I tend to agree with this.  Last year I honestly voted for 4-5 categories and the rest I didn`t even bother.

Would be nice to focus on quality instead of quantity this year and get more votes in each category.  Keep your ideas coming please, another 4-5 days and we can agree on this and move on to the nominations portion. 

Thank you all for your input. 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#27 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:32 AM

Do many organisations have their own individual award ceremonies?

Eg:

Fight of the year,
Fighter of the year.
Best Ko,
Best submission, Etc...

Some of them do, and that`s why adding so many to the EOY tradition seems repetitive. 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: End of Year AwardsGreatness, P4P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users