The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Mac.McCarty

I mean, if you introduce 15 fighters, then Do an exclusive introduction for the fighter your calling "Special". It doesn't matter who opened that door when Kimbo entered, all those other guys were gonna be like I hate him.

I actually disliked Kimbo before he was anywhere near MMA. I can see why you like Him though Chris, gotta rep those Homestate boys. When he was the "internet sensation" tho', I can't remember how many people were telling me you gotta see this guy Kimbo fight, he's a sick-ass fighter, blah-zay blah-zay. First fight I saw was the one where he was fighting that dude in All Blue I think, whre kimbo fucked the dude's eye up real bad, and stuck his chin out for the dude to hit him a couple times...

It was Blatantly obvious that he had professional training, and he was fighting some poor fuck who wasn't a fighter, and didn't know what he was getting into. All of his street fights were against what appeared to be some real tough guys... but they were scrubs as far as actual fighting.

First time he got ahold of someone who actually had some training, was Sean Gannon, and then what? His homies wanna start making up rules so Kimbo had an advantage. Kept trying to restart the count and count for a real long time. Just cause they didn't want him to lose.. Sounds a lot like what's going down in TUF to me.

The internet thing just made him look like a bully.. and I have a hard time rooting for bullies.

Nah see. It cost 10 stacks to fight Kimbo. Those people he fought were people who thought they'd beat him up or they wouldn't of been fightin. Not sayin the big dudes he fought were the people puttin up the money, but there was money put up. Sean Gannon choke his way to a victory. He fucked Sean up, Sean won in the end. And obviously Sean woulda won under MMA rules.

HOWEVER, Kimbo's rules are bare knuckle boxing. This is a fact, after he took some heat for the Sean Gannon fight he started allowing people to kick and knee just no choking and shit. Choking usually is someone tryin to get out of a fight anyway. Notice I said usually, not always. Why you always see people who are too tired to do anything start headlocking and lookin for chokes.

Lovin Kimbo, Kimbo is the man. Hoppin on the Kimbo train right now especially after how he's been on TUF. I'm likin what I'm seein.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah see. It cost 10 stacks to fight Kimbo. Those people he fought were people who thought they'd beat him up or they wouldn't of been fightin. Not sayin the big dudes he fought were the people puttin up the money, but there was money put up. Sean Gannon choke his way to a victory. He fucked Sean up, Sean won in the end. And obviously Sean woulda won under MMA rules.

HOWEVER, Kimbo's rules are bare knuckle boxing. This is a fact, after he took some heat for the Sean Gannon fight he started allowing people to kick and knee just no choking and shit. Choking usually is someone tryin to get out of a fight anyway. Notice I said usually, not always. Why you always see people who are too tired to do anything start headlocking and lookin for chokes.

Lovin Kimbo, Kimbo is the man. Hoppin on the Kimbo train right now especially after how he's been on TUF. I'm likin what I'm seein.

and the 10 stack thing is just what I heard. I know for a fact he never fought for free, and I can't prove anything. Just goin off what I was told/heard through the grapevine lol

Haha Roy Nelson is a pussy. Hate to say it. Fat boy just laid on him and wasn't hurtin him at all "cmon man stop the fight I'm too fat"

I'm mad that Kimbo basically got owned...I really like the guy and think that he has potential....I wish that someone would have taken him under their wing before this whole season and given him some ground game. I think he is going to be a good fighter and can really learn some things..and when he does, he will be a beast.

I don't think he got owned....He had decent Takedown defense and basically got laid on by a 265 pound man. I like Roy, but that was pathetic...and he acted like he destroyed Kimbo...Looked like Roy was fighting for his life on that last takedown. Looks like Kimbo might come back later in the season though....They should work strictly on his ground for the rest of his time there.....he has the potential if someone teaches him.

Dana White made fun of Roy victory...pussy punches...pussy punches.

Roy won fair and square. Good on him i say, he used the right techniue to beat kimbo. Wasnt the most exciting of fights, and he could have perhaps looked to end the fight via submission which as a bjj blackbelt im sure he could have done, but imo he took the "safer" option....the one where kimbo cant get up and knock him out!

I don't mind if Kimbo loses by getting his ass beat, but that was a disgrace of a performance by Roy and he thought he was big shit because of it. I guarantee nobody (besides maybe that tall black dude, forgot his name) would be able to get Roy off of them when he's laying on you and your open arm.

I don't mind if Kimbo loses by getting his ass beat, but that was a disgrace of a performance by Roy and he thought he was big shit because of it. I guarantee nobody (besides maybe that tall black dude, forgot his name) would be able to get Roy off of them when he's laying on you and your open arm.

Marcus Jones would knock fatass out. No disrespect intented towards nelson but jesus man you're soft for that. Especially when you act like you really did something good, your preformance was weak. You're GNP was patty cake and I coulda laid under Roy's meat and took those punches accept I would of suffacated due to blubber. But yeah good job Roy, you're gonna get knocked the fuck out by any real contender in the UFC with slightly okay boxing lol

Roy won fair and square. Good on him i say, he used the right techniue to beat kimbo. Wasnt the most exciting of fights, and he could have perhaps looked to end the fight via submission which as a bjj blackbelt im sure he could have done, but imo he took the "safer" option....the one where kimbo cant get up and knock him out!

Yeah..did it because he almost got knocked out......and why stop the fight, the punches were doing no damage...All I'm saying is he looked like shit while winning then acted like he just put on a great fight. And Dana White made fun of his punching.....Roy..You failed.

And Marcus Jones ain't gonna do shit...My Knee hurts is all I've heard from him...He's gonna bow out without even fighting...just wait.

Yeah..did it because he almost got knocked out......and why stop the fight, the punches were doing no damage...All I'm saying is he looked like shit while winning then acted like he just put on a great fight. And Dana White made fun of his punching.....Roy..You failed.

And Marcus Jones ain't gonna do shit...My Knee hurts is all I've heard from him...He's gonna bow out without even fighting...just wait.

He's lettin Kimbo get back in it, is my honest opinion. Marcus has a lot of power, I honestly thought he'd be a patty cake. And when you play football, your knees aren't the best in the world (when you're that big, body tends to break down earlier).

He's lettin Kimbo get back in it, is my honest opinion. Marcus has a lot of power, I honestly thought he'd be a patty cake. And when you play football, your knees aren't the best in the world (when you're that big, body tends to break down earlier).

And even faster than that when you have staph...

Kimbo did great standing. Once on the ground he didn't show me much, hell nothing at all. He did though almost counter in the first when he kicked off the cage and almost rolled over that BIG ASS NELSON.

Must say Nelson though did surprise me. Don't let the belly fool you.

In the second Kimbo came out throwing and connected with Nelson couple of times pretty good. Nelson knew if he stayed standing he would be defeated so what did he do, took him right down to the ground. After he won he thought he was big as shit.

Hmmmm... You have something there....

Has to be. And for this to happen, he has to get another fight that he will win. So it is possible with this that we could see Kimbo in the final...

yea that punch did happen but Roy whipped Kimbos ass and i think Kimbo was really nervous because he didnt throw any big punches until the 2nd round and Roy Nelson is going to win the show

Man I was really hoping for Kimbo to let his hands go!

I have to say I HATED KIMBO with a passion but after last nights episode he is a real stand up guy.

I hope he does big things in the UFC and MMA

Nelson needs to go eat another chesseburger and be happy

I'm hoping Marcus Jones wins.

As the first episode showed, he lacks conditioning. It's fair to say he probably lacks fighting skills. And in everyone's eyes, at least from what I've heard, he's an underdog. So it'll be cool to see if he can work hard enough to win the whole thing.

Seems unlikely. From the preview of next episode it looks like Dana poisoned Marcus to get Kimbo back in. Kimbo losing from Nelson... Who didn't saw that coming? Nelson submitted Mir in a grappling contest. I was really surprised to see that Nelson didn't even get picked in the top 5. I think Nelson wins the UFC contract pretty easy.

I thought it was BS, i guess technically kimbo wasnt defending himself so the fight had to be stopped, but in my opinion it was more of a stale mate and should had been standing up, cause roy wasnt doing any damage at all, he was basically slapping kimbo in the forehead with his fist, i think in that kind of situation the referee should say to try to do more dmg or he is going to stand them up, cause it was BS really, and well kimbo did mess up in the second round, the only reason he was taken down is because of the knee he threw, but oh well, whatever

edit

and actually, if roy would have loaded up on the punches to actually do damage he might have lost some balance and kimbo might have had a chance to reverse, thats probably why he didnt do that

Either way if it ain't him in the 3rd photo, I think it is a given that he is going to get back in some how. I would like to see what Marcus has to offer, but from the looks of the previews and how bad he is sweating in the videos and general fatigue...could staph be a possibility?

All in all I think the season is turning out to be pretty good.