51 members have voted

1. 1. Fighter of the Year 2017

• Kajun Puno
    • Viktor Tsoi
    • Kalervo Kaunismieli
    • Euphegen Doubtfire
    • Alex John Conor Burns

you wasted time putting those other 4 options after the first one

It's true. If the sheep want to flock and deny Puno his rightful claim, that's their prerogative. Puno was hands down the FOTY in '17 and made MMATycoon history.

Doubtfire highest rank #3 P4P

Puno highest rank #1 P4P

should tell you all you need to know.

'17 stats:

Puno (10-0)

• #1 P4P Highest Rank
  • 10 fight win streak
  • 7 Knockouts 1 Submission 2 Dec
  • 0 Losses

------

Doubtfire (14-2)

• #3 P4P highest rank
  • 10 fight win streak *
  • 2 Sub 14 Decisions
  • 2 losses
* 3 of those fights during that win streak were him being fed from his alliance mate Bradley Bums toward the end of the year.
Puno outclassed all of his opponents and annihilated 80% of them.
Doubtfire won 3 majority decisions and 1 split decision.

This aint even close.

• Downvote 1

Below is a list of years and the FOTY * with some of the fighters who won W/C below them.

2010:

Jigoro Kane (14-0) *

2011:

Jeremy Tonal (14-1) *

Otso Jokinen (13-1)

2012:

Victor Creed (10-0) *

Otso Jokinen (15-2)

2013:

Smokudju Womba (17-1-1) *

Neo Kable (16-0)

Carl Creel (12-0)

Matt Murdock (12-1)

Wade Wilson (10-2-1)

Otso Jokinen (19-3)

Rafa Silva (10-2)

2014:

Rinky Spider (15-3) *

Dustin Douglas (10-1)

Tiago Renato (12-3)

Dragon Slayer (9-3)

Bowser Stormcrow (16-4)

Jan Zalenka (10-4-1)

Kauko Partio (13-5-1)

Rafa Silva (11-5-1)

2015:

Donny Donowitz (14-2-2) *

Leonardo Ferreira (9-1)

Santiago Colon (10-3)

Jameson Connemara (14-2)

2016:

Helix Cabrera (13-2-1) *

Guiseppe Maldini (10-3)

Sotiris Kakoullis (15-3)

Karim Basharov (13-1)

Ricky Rocker (14-5)

Tuomari Hurmio (10-3-1)

Sean Tallon (19-8-1)

----------------------------

In '13 Womba beat like 5 of my fighters. So that gift wrapped the award up. Too much publicity. If Kable or Creel would of beat any of my fighters they probably would of won it.

In '14 Douglas was 10-0 before he got ktfo by Jon Hess. If it wasn't for that he probably would of beat Rinky out for FOTY.

Puno captured the HW title in 3 different #1 organizations (EVO, Syn, Ascension). He made history. That's a walk-off homerun. Exception of Turpin who was ranked #1 p4p earlier @ the start of the 2017, all of his opponents were ranked in top 100 p4p. I think all but Mace Force were in top 50 p4p. He cleaned up shop in a very short amount of time.

Puno went 10-0 this year and probably holds the hype/pop record. Almost 800 hype and had even more pop than that. Was #1 from 5/26 to 11/18, almost 6 months straight, and been #1 for majority of this year.

doesn't matter who gets the cosmetic award, make no mistake about it, Puno was FOTY.

• Upvote 2

The only problem i see is the activity levels, besides Creed, every previous winner of this award had 14 or more fights in a year. I think in the case of Creed he retired or something. Doubtfire did have more decision wins but he fights at 135 and 145 so it is more likely. I am not saying that Puno does not deserve it, to me anyone from Burns, Doubtfire or Puno. It depends what you value more, activity or a perfect record.

• Upvote 1

Doubtfire fought everyone and at a higher frequency, while Puno was selective with his opposition.

As far as decisions--it's quite a bit tougher to finish at 135 than at HW. Doubtfire fought 16 times, winning 14-- the only two losses coming via split and majority decisions while backing down from no one.

And as bonus, he isnt being shoved down everyone's throat.

• Upvote 1

Picking fights and winning all 10 of them and KO'ing most of them is still very very impressive.

Biggest dissapointment in the yearly awards so far is that I forgot to nominate you for 'Forumer of the year'.

That should have been a guaranteed win for you Shiftas! Your Puno-comments have been brilliant lately!

Biggest dissapointment in the yearly awards so far is that I forgot to nominate you for 'Forumer of the year'.

That should have been a guaranteed win for you Shiftas! Your Puno-comments have been brilliant lately!

Thanks. I truly hoped someone would see me as the non-biased person I am.

You can still create a new award: "Biggest Puno fan of the year" or something like that.

Doubtfire fought everyone and at a higher frequency, while Puno was selective with his opposition.

As far as decisions--it's quite a bit tougher to finish at 135 than at HW. Doubtfire fought 16 times, winning 14-- the only two losses coming via split and majority decisions while backing down from no one.

And as bonus, he isnt being shoved down everyone's throat.

Puno went inactive after he beat the game. Probably could of fought @ higher frequency if I fought my alliance mate 4 times this year ;) and Puno was never selective w/ matchmaking. Would of got the 2 fights I was pushing for in Gerbert Bryant and Itse Perkele instead of Randy Curran & Monte Zuma.. Your statement might reflect on Puno's career choice post-Zuma fight and TWGC taking 1 month to fill up probably didn't help either cuz I was inactive by the end of it and not interested in fighting atm.

P4P #1 vs P4P #3

Puno fought 10 times and won 10. None of Puno's victories were close. Outclassed and destroyed everybody he fought. Doughtfire fought 16 times and won 14. 4 of Doughtfire's Decision victories were split/majority.

Doughtfire is the reigning undisputed CEC Champion...

Puno is the reigning undisputed EVO, Syn, and Ascension champion. The unified Heavyweight champion of the game.

Both had a 10 fight winning streak. Who's 10 fight winning streak was more impressive? It's not even close, but to each his own.

#GOAT

anyway, happy new year and GL in '18 Aylib.

• Upvote 1

The only problem i see is the activity levels, besides Creed, every previous winner of this award had 14 or more fights in a year. I think in the case of Creed he retired or something. Doubtfire did have more decision wins but he fights at 135 and 145 so it is more likely. I am not saying that Puno does not deserve it, to me anyone from Burns, Doubtfire or Puno. It depends what you value more, activity or a perfect record.

If Leo and Dustin Douglas didn't lose they would of won FOTY with 10-0 and 11-0 records. But they both had a loss.

The only example of activity beating out perfect record in high level orgs was Womba (17-1-1) in '13 and that was because I gift wrapped it for Kelly by letting her kick my ass all year and publicizing it - and Womba was P4P #1. IIRC no fighter has ever won FOTY without spending time at #1 P4P. Neo Kable didn't get any credit because Super Heavyweight was thin and the body gassing complexity of win streaks up there was overlooked.

2010:

• Creed (10-0)
  • Otso (15-2)

compare to

• Puno (10-0)
  • Doubtfire (14-2)

Otso's '12 resume is far better and more impressive than Doubtfire's '17 and while Creed's '12 resume is super impressive, Creed was the Ascension HW Champion. Puno is the Ascension, EVO, and SYN Heavyweight champ. If Doubtfire would of captured the Syn & EVO belts and not just the CEC title, I'd say she deserves to be on this poll with the GOAT.

Puno was #1 P4P in the game for 6+ months. Probably one of the longer P4P streaks at #1.

Doubtfire was.. nevermind, his highest rank is p4p #3. He only got #1 in his w/c because Tsoi retired.

Happy Birthday, CK!

lol thanks.

• Upvote 1

forgot to mention that ALL of Puno's wins this year are with a primary disadvantage, where Doubtfire almost certainly has primary advantage in majority of fights or at least even level.

People will vote against Puno due to personal vendettas cuz I like to incite riots and be antagonistic, but not since the beginning of the game have you seen a fighter with such low primaries rule the #1 p4p rankings

:wheelchair: :winner: :thankyou: :drunk:

#GOAT

• Upvote 1

Nice pitch... still not voting for him

Prime example of why these awards mean shit. Its a popularity contest.

For example, how many would vote for ms Doubtfire if it was humors fighter?

Prime example of why these awards mean shit. Its a popularity contest.

For example, how many would vote for ms Doubtfire if it was humors fighter?

yes, it is a popularity contest, but it is not as if Doubtfire does not deserve to win the award, it is opinion based. Also you are talking as if Karter is not popular around these places, he is crushing some of the other awards.

yes, it is a popularity contest, but it is not as if Doubtfire does not deserve to win the award, it is opinion based. Also you are talking as if Karter is not popular around these places, he is crushing some of the other awards.

sure he deserves it, and sure Karter is killing it in the awards. But we want to form an image of these awards to be as professional as possible so make it as professional as possible. If a newbie comes to the game, starts doing phenomenal work (let's say he's a natural talent) he still wouldn't win anything because he has no friends over here and that would drop his motivation to stick around greatly.

well this is a social game, so if you want to get ahead, you need to interact and get known, eventually if you are that great you will get noticed. Good case? David Brent, he clearly should of won the newcomer award, but he got passed by a guy that did not deserve it and does not even play any more. He barely got any votes last year and this year he should win the manager of the year. Eventually if you are that good, people will give you recognition, even if you are not the most vocal guy around.

• Upvote 1

well this is a social game, so if you want to get ahead, you need to interact and get known, eventually if you are that great you will get noticed. Good case? David Brent, he clearly should of won the newcomer award, but he got passed by a guy that did not deserve it and does not even play any more. He barely got any votes last year and this year he should win the manager of the year. Eventually if you are that good, people will give you recognition, even if you are not the most vocal guy around.

you voted for a guy who got knocked out twice this year and tapped to strikes over undefeated GOAT... :pizza:

• Upvote 1

Puno will win the award anyway, but here are some facts against him:

#1 His winning streak in 2017 is 9, that is still 1 less than Doubtfire.

#2 Puno had the Bryant fight on the table for at least 4 months, it was the fight that made sense (#1 vs #2 in the same weight class) and did not happen, not because we rejected the fight.

#3 Puno had 0 losses, but did not fight since the summer and then for some unusual reason booked a fight on the 6th of January, guess why? To keep that 0 in tact for 2017.

#4 If Puno wins this award, he will be the first fighter ever to win this award with under 10 fights in a year (9 in total). This is the most inactive a FOY has been ever...........................in fact, we have never EVER had a candidate with under 10 fights being nominated for this award, let alone a winner.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

#2 Puno had the Bryant fight on the table for at least 4 months, it was the fight that made sense (#1 vs #2 in the same weight class) and did not happen, not because we rejected the fight.

#3 Puno had 0 losses, but did not fight since the summer and then for some unusual reason booked a fight on the 6th of January, guess why? To keep that 0 in tact for 2017.

#4 If Puno wins this award, he will be the first fighter ever to win this award with under 10 fights in a year (9 in total). This is the most inactive a FOY has been ever...........................in fact, we have never EVER had a candidate with under 10 fights being nominated for this award, let alone a winner.

Technically he had 10 fights (1 KT) but having said that I have voted for Doubtfire and believe he should be FOTY.

Technically he had 10 fights (1 KT) but having said that I have voted for Doubtfire and believe he should be FOTY.

So the KT fights count and the TWGC fights don't count? If we are taking all his fights for this year, he was 12-3 compared to 14-2 of Doubtfire and 12-2-1 of Burns.

Puno also tapped this year:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=894166

Puno won't enjoy being in this position. Gites looking for the choke. Oh... he's slipped the arm under the neck - Puno is tapping - it's over boys! Gites picks up the submission victory!

So the KT fights count and the TWGC fights don't count? If we are taking all his fights for this year, he was 12-3 compared to 14-2 of Doubtfire and 12-2-1 of Burns.

Puno also tapped this year:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=894166

Relax mate. I'm not defending him. Like I said, I voted for Doubtfire.

What's your version - what happened? Were you not willing to send Gerbert to Syn? or were you not willing to put GAMMA HW title on the line?

only other things I can think of would be because you kept booking Gerbert vs bums or I went inactive.

Puno's 1 KT fight was against the striker who started 2017 off as the #1 P4P fighter. When Randolph Turpin stepped up and called Puno out in a KT fight, Puno accepted on Turpin's terms out of respect for the Hall of Fame.

This year Puno defeated

• 2 former #1 P4P fighters
  • 6 former #1 ranked HW's
  • 2 former #2 ranked HW's
  • 1 former #3 ranked HW
  • 1 fat sloppy bum named Monte Zuma who had no business being in there w/ him

9/10 of his opponents were at least top 3 HW ranked fighters or higher.