primaries/secondaries/physicals

XxxtremeT13

So...I know the basics of all these things and of course the information you can get in the information section...But, some things are less informationally than others...For instance...If I fighter is higher in skill for MT then his ability to knee is better and of course that is also dependant upon how high his knee skill is...But, do any physicals play into knees....I know agility is suppose to effect punches and flexibility is to effect head kicks, but would either of those effect knees? Also, since knees can be used in standup and clinch would flexibility play into knees while standing? Not to mention when it comes to sliders, what if you have high knees but low kicks...will your fighter attempt to use knees while standing and is it effected by how your sliders are set for kicks?

Knees only exist in the clinch. If you see a knee thrown outside the clinch it is just a kick with some fancy wording.

Flexibility will help to knee someone in the head.

so flying knees are "kicks" ?

On the subject of the skills, for a project build does it make any difference how I set primaries in regards to secondaries when training. So if I go 12(wonderful) in bjj and put 1 in submissions and train submissions up to 14 would that increase bjj a lot better? Rather than having subs at 12 and bjj at 12 and training subs to 14?

On the subject of the skills, for a project build does it make any difference how I set primaries in regards to secondaries when training. So if I go 12(wonderful) in bjj and put 1 in submissions and train submissions up to 14 would that increase bjj a lot better? Rather than having subs at 12 and bjj at 12 and training subs to 14?

You are best off having your Primaries and Secondaries on creation be related. This is so as you train up your Useless skills, your relevant primaries will be boosted as well.

For example, if I started with 110 in Boxing, but my Secondaries were Def Grap, Transitions and Submissions - By the time I've trained my secondaries up to a decent level, my Wrestling and BJJ would be really low while my Boxing would be pretty high. Not ideal for trying to build a well rounded top tier fighter.

So some stuff I’m trying to figure out is how some physicals relate to secondaries and primaries. Like balance is to help takedown defense and speed for takedowns. But, would either of those have affect on their opposites? Also would something like balance and speed help improve ground n pound?

• 2 weeks later...

So some stuff I’m trying to figure out is how some physicals relate to secondaries and primaries. Like balance is to help takedown defense and speed for takedowns. But, would either of those have affect on their opposites? Also would something like balance and speed help improve ground n pound?

Nobody knows the exact formula but there is a dominant physical for certain moves. Balance I believe is for TDD and to avoid counter TDs while doing head kicks (which also need flex). In the ground balance not much of an importance, but you need speed to secure takedowns. GnPs need flex and strength (important ground skill) and the necessary tools (defgrapp, transitions). You also need balance to maintain certain top positions. Correct me if I'm wrong but this has been my belief since