Photo

Cain vs Werdum fight predicitions

ufc title poll werdum velasquez champion

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win and how : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum?

1. Voted Cain by (T)KO (31 votes [55.36%])

Percentage of vote: 55.36%

2. Werdum by (T)KO (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. Cain by dec (16 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Werdum by dec (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

5. Cain by sub (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Werdum by sub (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Guest_JKevi_*

Guest_JKevi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Cain via TKO!

• Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I just have a nasty feeling that this will end up like Jones - Gus or GSP - Hendricks: Cain will win, but he's gonna get exposed and frustrated :) IMO he's underestimating Werdum - just look at everyone's opinions about the fight: Werdum might start scoring and keeping up with Cain well, but if Cain gets frustrated and will stop dominating - a couple of takedowns in the late rounds will give Cain the fight IMO.

#43 ens189

ens189

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

I just have a nasty feeling that this will end up like Jones - Gus or GSP - Hendricks: Cain will win, but he's gonna get exposed and frustrated :) IMO he's underestimating Werdum - just look at everyone's opinions about the fight: Werdum might start scoring and keeping up with Cain well, but if Cain gets frustrated and will stop dominating - a couple of takedowns in the late rounds will give Cain the fight IMO.

I think you're way off, the HW to beat Cain isn't fighting in any major org right now. He's a fucking machine.

#44 thegroovemonkey

thegroovemonkey

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

To think that any fighter is going to dominate Fabricio Werdum on the ground and in the clinch is fucking mental. I have a feeling that when Cain tries to clinch and push Werdum to the cage he is going to drop to his back to get out of it, never allowing Cain to impose his will and dictate the fight. Without being able to wear his opponent down Cain loses his biggest advantage and gets picked apart. If Cain decides to go to the ground with Werdum he will get schooled. If Werdum takes Cain down then Cain will get schooled. That's not a bad thing though as getting a lesson from the 2 time ADCC champ is probably very expensive. 

M15UiCS.gif

#45 ens189

ens189

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

To think that any fighter is going to dominate Fabricio Werdum on the ground and in the clinch is fucking mental. I have a feeling that when Cain tries to clinch and push Werdum to the cage he is going to drop to his back to get out of it, never allowing Cain to impose his will and dictate the fight. Without being able to wear his opponent down Cain loses his biggest advantage and gets picked apart. If Cain decides to go to the ground with Werdum he will get schooled. If Werdum takes Cain down then Cain will get schooled. That's not a bad thing though as getting a lesson from the 2 time ADCC champ is probably very expensive. 

Yup, I'm sure if Fabricio just flops to his back Cain will follow him immediately. It's not like Cain has shown excellent fight IQ before right?

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Cain bye decision, I think he must be carefull of werdum bjj also werdum will be better than most on his back he likes fighting there

#47 minark

minark

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I think Cain keeps it on his feet and completely destroys Werdum. His cardio and pace is just far to much for anyone in the HWT division to handle. The only way I see Cain losing again is slipping one hard punch earlier as JDS did.

#48 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

Cain by decision. All I see happening is Cain putting Werdum's back to the cage and beating him up for 5 rounds.

Posted Image

#49 thegroovemonkey

thegroovemonkey

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Yup, I'm sure if Fabricio just flops to his back Cain will follow him immediately. It's not like Cain has shown excellent fight IQ before right?

I'm not sure what your saying here? Is it that Cain will dive into Werdum's guard? Because that wouldn't be very high IQ fighting.

M15UiCS.gif

#50 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm not sure what your saying here? Is it that Cain will dive into Werdum's guard? Because that wouldn't be very high IQ fighting.

Sarcasm?

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

#51 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

I highly highly doubt cain would be that stupid

Posted Image

#52 warlord

warlord

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

if this goes beyond the distance, Cain will annihilate him.

#53 ens189

ens189

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

if this goes beyond the distance, Cain will annihilate him.

Beyond the distance?

#54 thegroovemonkey

thegroovemonkey

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Sarcasm?

no, the last guy who tried saw a decade long winning streak snapped in about 15 seconds.

M15UiCS.gif

#55 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

no, the last guy who tried saw a decade long winning streak snapped in about 15 seconds.

No your replied seriously to a comment made sarcastically

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

#56 Ramirez

Ramirez

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

Cain is relentless in the cage and i would never bet against him but Werdum looks better every time he fights and this could be a lot closer than people think.

#57 Bogiemcg

Bogiemcg

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

I see Cain throwing him against the cage and finishing by tko. Werdum has improved but he should get dominated in the clinch. Looking forward to see what his gameplan is gonna be in the clinch i think he might try and pull guard

#58 Italscratch

Italscratch

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Werdum by anything he wants. Clinch, ground(top/down), standup.

Clinch - MT if it goes, if not -> pull guard. (also, thing that JDS never did is use elbow when Cain tries to close the distance, he rushes pretty straightforward)

Standup - if he stays crisp as last fight he could crack Cain, his chin is questionable (Kongo fight anyone?) ; hopefully he will commit to kicks that should sap some of Cain movement, he isnt that affraid of takedown :P

Ground - ask Fedor OR Minotauro :D

Only problem is gas, i see him declining in 4th or 5th depending on damage he inflict on Cain.

Werdum isnt JDS who will be walled onto the fence for 4+ rounds, he got other options.

Looking forward for this one ,like both fighters a lot.

Hopefully no decision as UFC has embarrassed itself a lot (Shogun/Machida ; Gus/Jones ; GSP/Hendrics were all close fights in which challenger won, yet because of stupid "you must finish the champion to be the champion" rethoric they played a robbery game.

Sit around doing nothing for a couple years, and you can call yourself an experienced meditator, philosopher, or politician.

• Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Werdum by anything he wants. Clinch, ground(top/down), standup.

Clinch - MT if it goes, if not -> pull guard. (also, thing that JDS never did is use elbow when Cain tries to close the distance, he rushes pretty straightforward)

Standup - if he stays crisp as last fight he could crack Cain, his chin is questionable (Kongo fight anyone?) ; hopefully he will commit to kicks that should sap some of Cain movement, he isnt that affraid of takedown :P

Ground - ask Fedor OR Minotauro :D

Only problem is gas, i see him declining in 4th or 5th depending on damage he inflict on Cain.

Werdum isnt JDS who will be walled onto the fence for 4+ rounds, he got other options.

Looking forward for this one ,like both fighters a lot.

Hopefully no decision as UFC has embarrassed itself a lot (Shogun/Machida ; Gus/Jones ; GSP/Hendrics were all close fights in which challenger won, yet because of stupid "you must finish the champion to be the champion" rethoric they played a robbery game.

Stop posting while you are high, please, hard to take you seriously. Shogun/Machida was a blind judge, nothing else. GSP/Hendricks was that "champion's advantage" bs

• Guests

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

i think this fight will come down to who has the better gas tank, and by all accounts Cain has the better gas tank, Werdum is good and all, but can he deal with the kind of pressure that Cain brings to the table, i think not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ufc, title, poll, werdum, velasquez, champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users