Skills and Strengths

AlexHY21

I think I remember reading an explanation in the noob wiki about this. A guy with 110 punch and 1 boxing is like a guy with natural technique but he doesn't have the fundamentals to do much with it. Now let's say he has 1 in boxing but a 2 in muay thai or higher then his is better than a guy with 110 punch and a 1 in boxing and a 1 in muay thai as punches are used in muay thai. However boxing does trump muay thai in boxing so it does carry more weight in the area of punches being better. So it all depends. If he is also a 1 in muay thai than his punching that high isn't doing much for him.

Look at this guy, http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=321659 I created him with 110 punches, clinch, and striking d. With useless boxing, mediocre wrestling, useless BJJ, rest to MT. He has landed 42% of his punches, both head and body. He might have landed more if I went with boxing instead of MT but I wanted him to be able to use the punches better in clinch.

As far as sparring worth he is still useless boxing and shows 3 stars, and 3 1/2 stars in MT and that is almost wonderful now. So what I am getting at is punches still work well even if you have MT primary but no boxing.

What?

Boxing sparring worth is higher with useless boxing because it depends on related secondaries - punches, sdef and clinchwork. Not because MT is high.

I stand corrected, youre right, the cause and effect I described was inaccurate.

I should have said that as far as secondaries and primaries- you can invest into striking D, clinchwork, punches and MT primary and leave your boxing at 1, and your guy will have solid standup skills to start with.

• Upvote 1