Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

HFC 36 - Wanker vs Bronstein (Review)

This was a great card with some great fights on it. I had a blast reading these and sometimes you just hate to see either guy lose. When an underdog exceeds expectations and takes the fight in stride, or when a fight is left to the judges because neither fighter could finish, or just get to witness a simple KO (Slam); that's the stuff that gets my blood pumping. This card wasn't as highly rated due to a lot of grappling and decisions, but I tell you what; this card had some outstanding fights.

Wanker Def Bronstein (Fight of the Night)

Bronstein came ready to throw down, ladies and gentlemen. He may not have won the fight in the end, but I promise you after watching this fight, nobody is looking forward to facing him. The only man in MMA to have taken Wanker to the 4th round of a championship fight, and quite frankly, winning the fight up to that point.

But Wanker is the champion for a reason, and he displayed the cool and calmness of a champion. Despite being dominated all three rounds by Bronstein, Wanker kept his cool and just over a minute into the 4th round decided it's all or nothing and pulled off a high risk, high reward maneuver to lock in a kneebar to end the fight and retain his belt.

And STIIILLLLLLL!! Hardcore Fighting Championship Undisputed Super Heavyweight Champion of the world.... Massive Wanker!!!!

Slingin Def Woods

In a fight that was to lead to a title shot, Woods had all the confidence in the world at his impending title shot. The interim championship is being decided in less than a week, and the winner of that fight will now face Slash Slingin for the new 170 title.

In a fight I expected Woods to stay standing in, and work his considerable advantage, he surprised us by taking the fight to Slingin on the ground. Personally, I already want to see a rematch in hopes of seeing what Woods could do if he stayed in his element and kept Slingin at range. Perhaps we can see this one play out again in a title fight, should all go well for the former champ, Slash.

Right from the start, Slash had the fight on the ground and was trying to work in a submission, but Woods did an excellent job of fending them off and even tried to surprise Slash by locking in a submission of is own a few times. The second round was the same way, instantly on the ground and a subfest grappling battle that had the fans throwing peanuts and obscenities towards the cage.

These Hardcore fans sure do like their striking, don't they?

nearing the end of the round, with about a minute left, the submission war finally ended when Slash locked in an arm triangle and forced a very pissed off Woods to tap out.

Battle Def Olsen

Battle had an opportunity to turn some heads with a big fight against the veteran, Olsen, and he took full advantage of it. His twitter account is steadily rising in followers and I think I even saw a woman on there say that she'd pay his child support if he'd come visit here.

This fight bounced in and out of the clinch often, Dre pressing the issue and Olsen wanting none of it. Battle popped Olsen at the 3 minute mark that drew blood, something we always crave here at HFC. The fight played out like a broken record, clinch, break, clinch, break, and all the while in between was Dre displaying excellent striking defense and working over Olsen offensively until Olsen could take no more. I literally mean take no more, the man went stiff and fell to the mat like a felled tree. Excellent KO for Battle, and excellent hype boost as well!

Moxley Def Ford

Ford was one fight, one win away from a shot at the champ. He was finally here, on the cusp of his shot at greatness. And then he met his opponent, Moxley. In a striking display the likes of which HFC is not accustomed, Moxley came out swinging like an F5 tornado. Landing an astonishing 57 strikes to Ford's 14, Moxley showed why he's one of the most feared strikes in the HFC. Either credit ford for his chin, or perhaps Moxley having accurate pillow-hands, but this one went to the judges and was a no doubter for Moxley.

Ford is no slouch, and he will be back, but nobody expected this kind of domination by Moxley. Lookout champ, you've got a new threat!

Undercards:

Duarte Def Van Barle via Decision

Fox Def Rodriguez via Submission (Guillotine) (Sub of the Night)

Jukola Def Komua via TKO (Strikes)

Nurmagedov Def Lahti via KO (Slam) (KO of the Night)

Smith Def Mourani via KO (Punch)

Ihantala Def Joestar via KO (Punch)

• Upvote 3

HFC 37 - Vanorden vs Mahrishi

New York Liberty Dome

Sponsored by Threads of HARDCORE

Bruce Vanorden (8-3) vs Aatreya Mahrishi (6-2)

Main Event

Light Heavyweight Bout

Vanorden

Bruce seems to have turned things around after a 3 fight skid, he's now riding a 2 fight win streak and has positioned himself to be able to take on Mahrishi in this one to determine who gets a crack at being crowned the new HFC Light Heavyweight Champion of the World!

Early in his career, Vanorden won his fights via TKO or KO, a striker who loved to finish was up and on the rise until he was derailed by Aaron Wolf of camp Camara. Of late, he's become a more technical fighter and has been getting his victories by winning over the judges. From 6-0 to 6-3 is a hard pill to swallow, and in part led to his manager change. Now, however, he's looking at a shot at gold, so long as he doesn't take Mahrishi lightly.

Bruce Vanorden will be accompanied cageside by manager Tristan Finch, representing Legion of Doom.

Mahrishi

Mahrishi comes into this fight confident that he's the #1 contender and will be looking to take care of business to cement his name into the fight card that will offer him that gold. Outside of his first "test fight", Mahrishi has only been defeated by the likes of Mohammed Kahn, a Madness legendary champion who challenged Mahrishi in an org vs org fight that Kahn won.

Bouncing back against XJFW with a beauty of a KO at HFC 32, Mahrishi locked his name into the final 4 of this tournament and a date with Vandoren. Everything is on the line for these two fighters as only one will advance to take on the winner of McGuire vs Van Den Born fight.

Mahrishi will be accompanied cageside by manager Ryan Epicity, representing The Stepdads.

Blaze

You know, there are times that I really hate my job. I love every aspect of it, but I hate having to pick winners, well, more like I hate having to pick losers. This has the makings of an outstanding fight, and after snapping that 3 fight losing streak, I just can't help but want to pull for Vanorden. He's a likable guy and a great fighter. But I can't overlook Mahrishi and if you were to take away that Kahn fight, and have him fight anyone else, he likely wins and is likely the big favorite to win it all. I can't overlook the mans skills, and for that reason I'll have to give the nod to Mahrishi.

Prediction: Mahrishi wins via TKO (strikes) round 3.

Dyami Yazzie (8-3) vs Luis Pinto (7-3)

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Yazzie

Yazzie has been a consistent winner in his career at Madness, and has continued on that trend here in HFC. Winning his HFC debut against Wesley Clark via unanimous decision back at HFC 24, Yazzie has had to wait a while for this shot. Lined up to face the former champ, and considered the #1 contender in the 170 division, Yazzie's plans were derailed when the champ vacated the throne. Now, Yazzie has to take out Luis Pinto, another fighter who has a claim to the vacated throne, in what should be nothing short of a war.

The winner of this bout will be considered the Interim HFC welterweight champion, and that champ will be taking on Slash Slingin, former champ who earned the #1 contenders title against Sha'quan Woods last week.

Yazzie will be accompanied cageside by manager Dr. Octagon, representing himself.

Pinto

Pinto, on the other hand, has been busy and had 3 fights in HFC, and all victories. He's on a 5 fight win streak, 4-0 professionally and since being under the management of Jorma Oltsu. Pinto has laid a stake to the claim of champion, and he plans on taking out anyone who stands in his way, Yazzie, Slingin, or otherwise.

A submission artist, he's taking out some great competition, including Slash Slingin in his last bout. If Pinto can handle his business against Yazzie, we'll get to see a rematch of Slingin vs Pinto for the championship! It's key to note that Slash was under different management in their first fight, and his fighting style has changed a little since then. So should Pinto win, it'll be interesting to see how the rematch goes and if the strategies change for either of these guys.

Pinto will be accompanied cageside by manager Jorma Oltsu, representing FinnFighters.

Blaze

This is going to be another stellar fight. Yazzie is a very solid fighter and has the skills to go toe to toe with anyone in the division. But who has been more impressive than Pinto over the last 4 months? a 4-0 record with 3 submissions and 1 TKO finish. That's hard to do on any level outside of the QFC, and he's done it against some outstanding competition. This is a tough one, and many have Yazzie as the favorite, but I'm going to ride the train and pick Pinto in this one and look forward to a Pinto vs Slingin 2!

Prediction: Pinto wins via Submission (Armbar) in round 2.

Ralph McGuire (7-2) vs Ko Van Den Born (5-1)

Light Heavyweight Bout

McGuire

Well, this is McGuire's chance! Not only to be in the title fight should he win this fight, but a chance to serve a cold dish of revenge to Van Den Born who TKO'd McGuire back at HFC KO 7. An impressive win over Dro Qanar set McGuire up to be in this match with his shot at gold, and he'll have to get through one of two men to ever have defeated him. The first being Mohammed Kahn back in Madness in a title fight. Interesting theme tonight of fighters falling short of Kahn back in Madness. It's a shame Kahn isn't around to prove that he's still the best, isn't it? Tsk Tsk...

McGuire is full of confidence going into this fight and seems more excited for the opportunity to avenge his loss to Van Den Born than to earn a shot at the belt! That's just a fighter mentality through and through!

McGuire will be accompanied cageside by manager Joe River, representing Naughtly Crew.

Van Den Born

I asked earlier, who has been hotter over the last 4 months than Luis Pinto? Well, in another division, the answer would be Van Den Born. Winning 4 in a row since changing managers, Van Den Born is looking like a natural born killer out there. He's a KO artist, having KO'd each of his last 4 opponents, earning him KO of the Night honors on 3 of those fights. The only fight he didn't win KO of the night in was his TKO victory over McGuire at KO 7. Well, now he will have the chance to earn that KO of the Night awards as he takes on McGuire again, but this time with a title fight up for grabs to the victor!

Hard to expect anything other than what has been working for Van Den Born, so expect to see this one stay standing with these guys banging it out again. McGuire may have all the confidence in the world, but Van Den Born has no reason to doubt the same result as their last bout, so expect a war, ladies and gentlemen!

Van Den Born will be accompanied cageside by manager Andy Down, representing Naughtly Crew.

Blaze

Money says Van Den Born in this one, but you have to be weary if you're Ko because he may expect the same result and allow himself to underestimate McGuire in this rematch. This fight truly can go either way, when you have two great strikes, either could land that huge blow that ends the fight at any time. These guys are pretty damned even in terms of skill and training. Just to throw a shout out into this mix, McGuire is a recent winner of the MAMF title, and should he pull off this rematch, he would definitely live up to that title again. But I'm going with the same results as the first time and giving Van Den Born the nod here.

Prediction: Van Den Born wins via TKO in round 3.

Gervais Lavigne (10-1) vs Petchuanglek Sitsongrit (4-1)

Bantamweight Title Bout

Lavigne

Lavigne has been nothing short of spectacular. He did have a loss to Etienne Gueguen back in last island season, but both fighters have come a long, long way since then. Having plowed through the competition so far here at HFC, Lavigne has continued his dominating ways that he's displayed his entire career from island, to Madness, and now HFC.

Winning the belt in the unification match against Chad Repine, he didn't even flinch as he took out Ragasatria in his first title defense. Now, in his 2nd title defense, he'll be looking at a new breed of challenger in Sitsongrit.

Sitsongrit

Sitsongrit has been flying under the radar. He's not as experienced of a fighter as Lavigne, having less than half of the amount of fights under his belt, but the man has been busing his ass in the gym for a long time now and when he steps into the cage, there's no doubt he's there to take care of business.

Winning his last 4 in a row, including his HFC debut, Sitsongrit gets a crack at the belt, a chance to take on the king. The scary part is, he's not the underdog! This youngster has busted his ass to get to where he is, and he'll be able to put his full skill set on display in this one as he takes on the champ. Sitsongrit is one of the best strikes in the HFC, so he walks into this fight knowing that all he needed was a shot to show the world why he is in this fight. Several have questioned if Sitsongrit actually earned this title shot having only one fight in the HFC so far, and he'll have his shot at quieting the critics Saturday night against the 10-1 champ.

Blaze

I'm really, really looking forward to this fight. Flying under the radar, I like that J.W.! He really has though, he's been quiet, and he's been deadly.. almost like a silent fart that packs a tremendous punch! I have watched this man spar and I can tell you that he's no joke and if the champ takes him lightly, he'll be waking up to see someone else strapping the gold around their waist. I think Sitsongrit is better than many give him credit for, and I think we have a new champion in the makings with this fight!

Prediction: Sitsongrit wins via Decision (Unanimous).

UnderCards:

Xmus Jaxon Flaxon Waxon vs Dro Qanar

Prediction: Dro Qanar via Submission (triangle)

Lucien Lachance vs Bob Saget

Prediction: Lachance via KO (Punch)

Jaycen Solo vs Ragnar Ragnarsson

Prediction: Solo wins via TKO (Stikes)

Antonio Nagashima vs Viktor Babinski

Prediction: Babinski via KO (Punch)

Blinky Billy vs Jason Mendoza

Prediction: Mendoza wins via TKO (Strikes)

Lord Sebastian Mountbatten Dillinger vs Killer Bee

Prediction: Bee wins via Submission (RNC)

• Upvote 7

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14429787856642.gif

"After reflecting on my victory, I was excited, no disrespect intended, I respect all my opponents. My bad for the outburst. YABAI can still get it - I meant that shit. Samson gotta run it back sooner or later. Shoutout lil homie Sosa."

Dre popped a warboner when he seen the fight offer. Apparently the Gods are sacrificing the lamb back to the lion.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15541521448149.gif

'Congrats to my opponent, my face looks worse than that ugly mug of his after that beat down. Good luck in the title fight.'

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15140720024006.jpg

"We predicted you would lose to 'Wreck It' Ralph McGuire. We laughed when we heard you thought yourself a suitable opponent for the mighty Mohammed Kahn. Stay humble and bounce back and perhaps we will cross paths when you're ready for the big leagues."

• Upvote 1

Rankings have been updated on the HFC home page. Will do the pretty graphics as well as the review of this weekends event in the next 24 hours. Has been an extremely busy weekend.

**Update**

The site is super laggy tonight so I'm going to stop working on the review and go to bed. I'll get to it after work tomorrow if the site is functioning. Sorry for the delay guys, but it's going to take way, way too long to do this with the intermittent access to the game.

Edited by Bleakardor
  • Upvote 2

HFC 37 - Mahrishi vs Vanorden - Review

Mahrishi Defeats Vanorden via Decision (Unanimous)

Mahrishi dominated this fight from start to finish to earn himself a title fight in his next appearance against McGuire to settle the 205 championship that's been vacated for the summer. Vanorden took a beating and wouldn't go down, so credit to him for that, but Mahrishi showed he wanted the belt and wasn't going to be derailed from that dream.

Landing 111 of 170 strikes, most of which were leg kicks or head punches, Mahrishi outclassed Vanorden from range by a landslide as Vanorden was only able to land 16 of 63 strikes. No doubt who the aggressor was, Mahrishi landed 48 more strikes than Vanorden even threw. Easy fight for the judges, great job by Mahrishi in showing some championship quality fighting.

Yazzie Defeats Pinto via Decision (Split)

In one of two, yes, TWO split decisions of the night, these two warriors went at it for a full 25 minutes in this bout and the judges needed every single point to put forth a victor, and Dyami Yazzie found himself with his hands raised after the fight and now serves as the HFC 170 interim champion who will be facing off against Slash Slingin for the official 170 crown on October 10th.

Displaying the heart and will of a champion, Yazzie battled through a cut he suffered early in the fight, shortly after the opening bell. The cut was opened up again in the 3rd and maybe it was the blood in his eyes, but Yazzie landed a low blow on Pinto causing a brief stoppage in the fight. Some grumbling among the fans over rather or not Yazzie did that to save himself, but in the end all that matters is that Yazzie will walk away the winner and be looking forward to a shot at the gold against former HFC champion, Slash Slingin.

McGuire Defeats Van Den Born via Decision (Unanimous)

In what amounts to a huge fight for McGuire, possibly the biggest of his career to date, he was able to avenge his loss against Van Den Born back at HFC KO 7 with a hard fought all out war with him here with a title fight on the line. McGuire will be facing Mahrishi on 10-10 to crown the new HFC Light Heavyweight Champion!

To be honest, I'm surprised this fight was able to make it all the way to the judges. Credit Van Den Born for hanging in there despite the nasty cut, but also a shout out to the ref for not calling in the doctor.. it's about time we find a ref who's not afraid of a little blood!

Sitsongrit Defeats Lavigne via Decision (Unanimous) FotN

AANNNDDDD NNEEEWWWW!!!!!!!! HFC Bantamweight Champion of the world!!! Petchuanglek Sitsongrit!!!!!!

What an impressive display of striking from Sitsongrit! These two both put on near 50% accuracy with their striking, but Sitsongrit was the far more aggressive fighter, and when these things draw out, whoever lands the most significant strikes usually walks away with the win. I'm sure Lavigne is disappointed in himself, but no doubt he'll hit the gym and be back in no time to make another run at getting his thrown back. As for our new champ, congratulations to Sitsongrit for a stellar performance and earning the new giant bullseye on his back! This fight earned Fight of the Night for a few reasons, but there was some competition on this card that made it a difficult choice.

Qanar Defeats Jaxon Flaxon Waxon via Submission (Triangle Choke) SotN

The only submission of the night, an easy Submission of the Night award to hand out. FJW came out fast and furious, drawing blood and taking the fight to the ground with reckless abandon. Qanar kept his cool and fumbled his way through a few submission attempts before the end of the round. The exact same thing followed in the 2nd, until Qanar managed to slip in a triangle and force JFW to tap.

Lachance Defeats Saget via KO (Punch)

Submission spamming at it's finest! This fight as fought on the ground almost the entire time, and the whole time Saget was fighting off an onslaught of submissions from Lachance. After 20, yes, I said 20 failed submission attempts, Lachance finally said fuck this and KO'd Saget in the 2nd minute of the final round.

Solo Defeats Ragnarsson via TKO (Strikes)

Welcome back to the win column, Solo! Yeah, as his former manager, I'm a little partial to him. But Solo put his intelligence on display in this one with a great win over the veteran Ragnarsson. Ragnarsson did manage to land a single head punch and single leg kick, but Solo got the fight to the ground in under a minute and displayed some powerful GnP that ended this fight in the 2nd minute of the first round.

Nagashima Defeats Babinski via Decision (Split)

Another close fight, second split decision and another consideration for FotN. These two went at it the full distance, but from what my score card reads, Nagashima won this fight and it wasn't that close. Nagashima landed 36/75 head punches and 2/5 body punches. He took the fight into the clinch 7/18 times where he was able to land an additional 6/17 strikes. He even worked in two takedowns but wasn't able to do anything on the ground. On the other side, Babinski landed 19/47 total strikes and in the clinch only 7/27. A total of 26 total strikes landed from Babinski compared to a total of 44 from Nagashima, including 9 takedown/clinches. Not sure what the judges were smoking, but it wasn't what Blaze has because even he agreed that fight was one sided.

Mendoza Defeats Billy via TKO (Cut)

And I guess after catching hell from this early stoppage due to a little blood, the ref let the fight earlier play out while fighters bleed out all over the place. Maybe he'll learn and this wont' happen again! Somebody must have slipped Billy some blood thinners, because the very first strike of the game had him bleeding and it didn't stop until the ref called the doctor in. Billy was cut and it was opened up 3 times in the first round alone. At the 3 minute mark in round two, Mendoza popped Billy with a huge right that not only put him to seeing stars while lying on this back, but the cut opened up more and you could clearly see bone and there was blood spewing everywhere. So despite giving the ref a hard time, this really was a good stoppage as a few more strikes from Mendoza may have exposed brains and not just skull bone.

Sebastian Mountbatten Dillinger Defeats Bee via KO (Punch) KotN

Bee is rocked!

Bee misses with a takedown

and Mountbatten Dillinger counters with a right hand from hell and Bee is out cold! A vicious knockout!

Yeah, SMD wins KO of the night for a brutal KO that kick-started our event. Not going to give a breakdown because I don't like tying out really long names like.. well, Dillinger.

Sorry for the late review, been a bit busy this week! I will have the preview for HFC 38 in the next 48 hours. Will try to get it done tomorrow after the Texans game, speaking of which, who's ready for some FOOTBALL!!???

• Upvote 4

HFC 38 - Dos Anjos vs Yonic

New York Credit Card Center

12 Sept 2020

Sponsored by Threads of HARDCORE

Bookmaker: Syndicate Bets

Hello HARDCORE fans! We have a great event lined up for you tonight, but unfortunately I only have time to highlight the main cards of the evening. Trying really hard not to burn myself out on these, so if you know a writer who is looking for some income, send them our way! Also, should have new rankings out Sunday.

Jumping in...

Dos Anjos (10-1) vs Yonic (9-3)

Main Event

Title Fight

Dos Anjos will be defending his belt for the first time since capturing it from Chip Nickel back at HFC 33. He's been on a terror popping off 5 strait wins since joining the HFC, and his only loss coming by way of doctors stoppage for a cut back against Wesley Clark at Madness FN 26. Everyone seems to be lining up to challenge him, and he's not backing down. First up, Daniel Yonic.

Yonic started off rocking with an 0-2 start in the HFC, but has turned it around winning back to back fights to set up his shot at the title tonight. His last victory over Hefty Jack, former HFC champ, is what set up this stage for him tonight, much to the dismay of a few other hopeful contenders in the division. Yonic will have his hands cut out for him, and in less than 24 hours we'll find out if he had enough to topple the giant and claim the gold.

Prediction: Dos Anjos wins via Submission (Kimura) in round 1.

Bizihwaeile (12-5) vs Lloyd (14-3-1)

Co-Main Event

Bizi, Bizi, Bizi... you can almost hear the crowd chanting. Make it three in a row now for Bizi who seems to have recovered from that stumble against Wolf and Wells as he came back with a vengeance against Wells in his last outing and got revenge for that one. Times like these that make me want to see a rematch against Aaron Wolf in the works for Bizi, but Wolf dipped out when the competition started stacking up in the HFC.

His opponent tonight is Rahim Lloyd, a veteran fighter who spent most of his non island career in F&B and will be making his HFC debut tonight. Lloyd has looked good, winning 5 of his last 6 under new management and trying to set himself up as a contender with a win over Bizi here tonight. He'll have his work cut out for him as Bizi is no joke and has been laser focused in recent weeks with his eye on the prize.

Prediction: Bizi wins via TKO (Strikes) in round 2.

Repine (9-4) vs Ragasatria (9-5)

Repine, former HFC champ, the man who turns down women more often than he turns down a fight, will be coming into this match looking for another win to put himself in position to challenge for the title again. Something tells me he will make quick work of his opponent, Ragasatria, and do exactly that.

Alan Ragasatria comes into the fight with a nearly identical record and a very solid ground game, however, he's been down and out of late and comes into the fight with about the least amount of morale you can enter a fight with. It will take an act of divine intervention for him to pull of this fight, so I'll be looking for a first round finish by Repine tonight.

Prediction: Repine wins via KO (Punch)

Lucroy (10-2) vs Andrade (9-3-1)

Lucroy is now 1-1 since joining the HFC, but the important part is that he won his last one. Since coming to the mainlands from the island, Lucroy has been up and down with a 3-2 record having not won or lost consecutive fights since his initial 7 fight win streak to start his career on the island. If this tend continues, he'll be looking at a loss tonight against Andrade.

Andrade, on the other hand is coming off a two fight win streak since changing managers. Lucroy's last win was against Ragnarsson, and Andrade's recent wins were also against Ragnarsson as well as Nascimento. He seems to have recovered from his stumble against Kahn and then Mahrishi (which rumor has it lead to his former manager taking a mental health vacation; unconfirmed) and is now looking to position himself towards the top of the pack and get back to title contention. We could potentially be looking at a future rematch against Aatreya Mahrishi depending on how the next title fight goes.

Prediction: Andrade wins via TKO (Strikes) in round 2.

Undercards:

Diaz (8-2-1) vs Wagner (5-2)

O Donnelly (13-6-1) vs Bleak (6-4)

Catch Wrestler (7-6) vs Marley (9-4)

Vaiduoklis (4-2) vs Kona (5-3)

Teteny (5-2) vs Rex (6-3)

Chooga (7-4) vs Black (2-3)

• Upvote 5

HFC 38 - Dos Anjos vs Yonic

Event Review

Main Event:

For the HFC Middleweight Championship of the world we saw one of the best grappling matches in HFC history, and we've had quite a few. Defending champion, Dos Anjos taking on challenger Yonic. There were some who questioned if Yonic was prepared to be here, if he had even earned a shot at the belt. Nearly everyone thought Yonic didn't have a chance in this fight, that Dos Anjos would walk right through him like he's done most opponents in his reign of terror. Well, we were in store for a treat, and a bit of a slap in the face, and though most were right in the final outcome, nobody expected this fight to go the way it did.

For the record, I will be trying something new with a more detailed recap style for title fights and high profile fights in the future. This is my first run, so I would appreciate feedback on your thoughts of this style of writing for high profile fights.

Dos Anjos Defeats Yonic via Submission (Armbar) 3:32 of round 3. (Fight of the Night)

Round one, and everyone is on the edge of their chairs. The crowd has a low rumble of anticipation to watch the highlight finish, to see the champ take down another hapless opponent. Within seconds of the bell, the crowd fell silent. Yonic made the first move, Yonic took the fight to the ground, and Yonic had no fear whatsoever of the champ. Already, the crowd knew something was different, Yonic was supposed to be cautious, and scared of the champ.

The champ wasted no time with working his magic on the ground, switching from submission to submission as if he were a human transformer. Much to the Champ's dismay, Yonic was on his game. The first round alone Yonic successfully warded off 13 submission attempts from the champ. The bell rings, the round is over, and Yonic has a look of determination in his eyes, never taking his sight from the champ.

Dos Anjos is tuning out his corner, his mind drifting a bit to how he will set up combinations of submission to work one through, wondering if he underestimated his opponent. The bell rings, round two is on.

This time, the champ comes out with an opening spinning back fist that pops Yonic right in the jaw, and the crowed jumped to their feet, erupting in cheers and sounds of awe at the flashy move by the champ. Now this, this is what they expected. The arena packed with 7000 fans all cheering at the same time, the fighters mentioned that at times, they thought the cage shook. But perhaps it was just from the brutal damage some were taking this evening.

Yonic wants no more of those fists so shoots for a takedown, but Dos Anjos was ready for it and returns a jab for his efforts. A failed clinch by Dos Anjos leads to another takedown for Yonic, and here we go again. Dos Anjos struggling to control the fight from bottom, he attempts a submission which Yonic uses to move into side control. Now, Yonic works for a submission while dishing some impressive ground and pound. Dos Anjos takes a cut in the process and gets rocked by Yonics brutal GnP. What? We're only in round two, and the champ is about to get TKO'd???? Holy SHIT!

Dos Anjos shows some heart and even though he's not all there, manages to work a submission to force Yonic to defend and stop the beating. A few more submissions by Dos Anjos and a beautiful reversal close out the round.

Dos Anjos' corner is working the cut, telling him he probably lost that round, but his efforts at the end may have given him round 2. Either way, he needs to step it up and turn this fight around, he's losing at this point. He looks across the way at his challenger, and Yanos is staring back at him, as if he had never looked away. Pure determination, he though. This is going to be tough...

Round 3 starts the same way with Yonic shooting in and the champ avoiding it well. But to no avail, right after Dos Anjos connected with possibly his most meaningful shot of the night to this point, dropping Yonic to a knee, but Yonic sprang right back up and scored a trip takedown into side control. Working his GnP some more, Dos Anjos working his ass off to try and improve position and avoid any GnP. Two minutes in, the barrage of submission from the champ come. He goes for 4 strait submissions, all or nothing, ruthless or otherwise, this fight has to end, this guy Yonic is too much to deal with, and the longer this fight goes on, the more confidence he'll get, the more punches will land, the more that shit starts to hurt... He has to end it, and do so now, and eventually, three and a half minutes into the third round, Dos Anjos shows the world the heart of a champion, and the pure determination he has in keeping that gold around his waist.

And still, HFC Middleweight Champion of the World!!! Ademaro Dos Anjos!!!!!!

Co-Main Event:

The Co-Main event featured two of the HFC's more veteran fighters, with a combined 35 fights between them. Lloyd making his HFC debut against a fighter who's been around the HFC for a while in Bizi.

Bizihwaeile Defeats Lloyd via TKO (Strikes) 4:28 of round 1.

Round one saw some clinch dancing, Lloyd trying to keep the fight in the clinch while Bizi does his best anti-hugging moves to break away from them. Towards the end of the round, Bizi broke a clinch and popped Lloyd with a crushing jab that rocked him, and as he had been the rest of the fight, Lloyds immediate reaction was to.. wait for it.. clinch it up! Bizi has got this dance down now, so he breaks the clinch throws a strait left this time instead of the jab and drops Lloyd to the canvas! Lloyd was out of it, but Bizi was pissed about all the hugging so he dove down and finished the job and forced the ref to do his job and pull Bizi off. Great finish by Bizi!

Repine Defeats Ragasatria via TKO (Strikes) 4:46 of round 1.

Ragasatria went into this fight with zero morale. His loss was inevitable. The only real question is why Repine was playing around and didn't finish sooner. I think he was looking for a highlight reel finish until he realized how close it was until the end of the round. Another win for the man, good job Repine!

Andrade Defeats Lucro via KO (Head Kick) 2:15 of round 1. (KO of the Night)

Andrade came out playing the defensive counter fighter and it worked perfectly. Avoiding the clinch, a half hearted left from Andrade landed and cut Lucroy. Can't imagine the damage that could have caused if he were putting something on it. Andrade got a little over confident after that and let his hands down allowing Lucroy to drop him with a right, but only to one knee and he was back to his feet. Shortly after the two minute mark, Lucroy missed a takedown attempt leaving him off balance and allowing Andrade to square up with a well timed quick head kick that knocked Lucroy silly, in a state of semi consciousness.

Undercards

There were some great fights on this card, and I wish I had more time to review them all. This was an awesome card with some great fights, and I hope you guys enjoy your work as much as I do!

Diaz Defeats Wagner via TKO (Strikes) 3:31 of round 1.

Bleak Defeats O Donnelly via Submission (Arm Triangle) 1:22 of round 1. (Submission of the Night)

Catch Wrestler Defeats Marley via Submission (Armbar) 3:26 of round 1.

Kona Defeats Vaiduoklis via Decision (Unanimous)

Rex Defeats Teteny via TKO (Strikes) :57 of round 1.

Black Defeats Chooga via TKO (Strikes) 4:18 of round 2.

• Upvote 8

Cool!.I like how you can stay creative while at the same time can make a longer writeup. Usually ppl can do one or the other but not both. Looking forward to seeing more of these for the other high profile divisions. I always watch the fights in play by play and when Yanos as you said rocked ADA I got worried lol. If ADA had bad heart there would've been a new 185 champion. He doesn't plan on losing this belt until he retires from old age ;).

Prediction: Alan Spence will be KO'd by ADA in his next bout. It is an easy stylistic matchup.

• Upvote 1

Cool!.I like how you can stay creative while at the same time can make a longer writeup. Usually ppl can do one or the other but not both. Looking forward to seeing more of these for the other high profile divisions. I always watch the fights in play by play and when Yanos as you said rocked ADA I got worried lol. If ADA had bad heart there would've been a new 185 champion. He doesn't plan on losing this belt until he retires from old age ;).

Prediction: Alan Spence will be KO'd by ADA in his next bout. It is an easy stylistic matchup.

We shall find out in 4 weeks, you guys will be headlining Speed Brawls II on the 10th.

HFC 39 - Patriot vs Goncalves

Lightweight Title Bout

Gorgon Patriot (9-3) vs Guilherme Goncalves (9-2)

Patriot

Patriot is the defending HFC Light Heavyweight Champion of the world. He captured the title with a win over Georges Moxley back at HFC 29, and defended more recently against Seran at HFC 34. Now, he will put his title on the line against another champion in Goncalves.

Scouting:

FotN x2 - KotN x2

Striker, 5 wins by T(KO) but also shown flashes of being technical and accurate accounting in 4 wins by decision. More MT striker than boxer, but still a remarkable boxer. Wonderful wrestler, but uses his skills more defensively and to keep the fight standing. Purple belt, again more of a defensive discipline. Very solid in the clinch, strong grappler able to control most opponents and be aggressive in the clinch.

Goncalves

Longtime SAFO standout who held the title on two occasions. Changed management and then joined F&B where he won the belt in his first bout and defended it in his last. Now he joins the HFC where he will face Patriot in a unification bout to see who will be the champ going forward.

Scouting:

FotN x3 - KotN x2

Striker, 8 wins by T(KO), 2-0 KT record with another T(KO) there. More boxer than MT, but well trained in both. Displays strong wrestling, but is known for his striking. He avoids the ground at all costs, both wrestling and his purple belt being utilized for defensive measures.

The Pick:

This fight will be a slug fest. This fight will not go to the ground unless it's ass first. Patriot will be in for a test in this one as Goncalves likes to finish and will be looking for a quick end to this one. Goncalves will likely be looking to counter pop and get the quick KO. If Patriot's defense can keep him from taking too many of those big pops on the button, he should be able to utilize his technical style to keep the pressure on and score with the judges. Goncalves definitely has a shot to win this, but I'm riding with the HFC champ.

Patriot wins via Decision (Unanimous)

To Be Continued....
  • Upvote 7

Sorry guys, just woke up! Had something come up last night and didn't get home until 10 am. I won't have time to finish the preview, sorry about that. I will make it up in the review, however. So feel free to message me with any fighter comments you have about that fight as soon after as you can so I can work it into the review.

Good luck guys!

• Upvote 3

Sorry guys, just woke up! Had something come up last night and didn't get home until 10 am. I won't have time to finish the preview, sorry about that. I will make it up in the review, however. So feel free to message me with any fighter comments you have about that fight as soon after as you can so I can work it into the review.

Good luck guys!

Sleep?!? There's no time for sleep! Hardcore, more like softcore, or limp! LOL!!! *runs away now before this really gets ugly*

Hope all is well man, take care, and we know you've got us on this, no worries!

• Upvote 3

Sleep?!? There's no time for sleep! Hardcore, more like softcore, or limp! LOL!!! *runs away now before this really gets ugly*

Hope all is well man, take care, and we know you've got us on this, no worries!

Hardcore is more like STUCKcore, went limp.

There, fixed for ya hareboy

• Downvote 1

HFC 39 - Patriot vs Goncalves

Event Review

FotN: Gorgon Patriot vs Guilherme Goncalves

KotN: Maxim Jahouli

SotN: Juan Corona

Patriot Defeats Goncalves via TKO (Strikes) 2:44 of round 2. (FotN)

The lights were bright, the crowd was at attention, the nerves were on edge. These two fighters made their way to the cage among a roar from the crowd who had been cheering the better half of the night.

The music was pumping through the PA and the fighters were feeling it. The challenger is in the cage first, he circles twice and over looks the crowd. "This is where I show these HFC fanatics what's up." Goncalves thought. The music shifts, the champ is making his way to the cage.

The crowd goes wild, their champion, Gorgon Patriot "The People's Champion" makes his way into the cage, the lights flicker, then hone in on the cage as the rest of the arena goes dark. The mic lowers and the announcer makes his way to the middle of the cage.

As the announcer introduces the fighters, and the ref calls them to the middle of the cage, Patriot reflects on his time as the HFC champ. He knows this is going to be a challenge, Goncalves was the F&B champion, after all. This will not be a pushover fight, he expects to win.

The champion acknowledges the crowd, nods towards Goncalves, they touch gloves and move back to their sides of the cage.

The bell rings, we're underway. Patriot came out aggressive, landing a few before blows moving the fight into the clinch. From the clinch, Patriot was extremely aggressive looking to inflict as much damage as possible on the challenger before he could get into his own rhythm. After what felt like the longest minute of Goncalves life, he manages to break the clinch and the fighter's are back to range.

The fighters measure each other up a little now, circling and throwing out and checking simple strikes. Back and forth they go until again, Patriot takes the fight into the clinch. He spent the next minute dominating the fight in the clinch, defending well and landing several big shots against Goncalves. At the three minute mark, Goncalves breaks from clinch and we're back to range.

At this point, Goncalves realizes he might be in trouble and knows he needs to avoid the clinch the rest of the fight. He's losing this round, this champion is for real. Back and forth these two go the rest of the round.

In their corners, the coaching strategy couldn't be much more different. The challenger is being told he's doing good, this round he needs to avoid the clinch and land a few counter blows and score some points. The champs corner is telling him to snap out of this funk, this fight should already be over.

Wow, what intensity!!

The bell rings, oh shit, it's already round two!

In no rush to push, Goncalves waits for the champ to close the distance, and the fighters again start to circle and exchange basic strikes. Each waiting for an opening to inflict their will. A minute goes by, and the two are still dancing from range. As we near the two minute mark, the champ again closes the distance and takes the fight into the clinch. Remembering the ass chewing he just received from his corner for not finishing the fight, he decided to go all out this time in the clinch.

A quick jab without much on it stunned Goncalves and the champ wastes no time in throwing an assortment of blows as he sticks a few jabs, uppercuts and after about a minute of the barrage in the clinch the ref had seen enough and jumps in to stop the fight.

The unification of the F&B and HFC champions is now complete.

And Stiiillll!!! HFC Lightweight Champion of the World... Gorgon Patriot!!!!

After the fight, Patriot strapped up the gold and grabbed the mic. "Was there ever any doubt? Who want's next? I'm the People's Champ! Not the People's Contender!"

The crowd went wild in appreciation for their Hardcore Champ and the performance he just put on display.

Slugs Defeats Maki via TKO (Cut) 2:52 of round 1.

Wow, there should be an award for this! I have never seen so much blood in an MMA cage from one single minute of one single fight, and the first minute at that! Holy shit, it was a thing of beauty!

We sympathize with Maki, nobody wants to lose a fight from a doctor stoppage, but there wasn't the slightest bit of argument from Maki when the fight was called either. The man was cut and bleeding like a stuck pig who overdosed on blood thinners and ever-clear.

Maki was completely outclassed in this bout, unable to do anything to stop Slugs from the clinch. This was definitely a statement win by Doug Slugs, and him announcing to the division that he's still up there and he's still a contender, and anyone on their way to a title shot will have to compete with him to get there.

Nickel Defeats Lentz via Decision (Unanimous)

Former champ, Chip Nickel makes his way back to the cage taking on another veteran and champion hopeful, Leon Lentz. This fight had the makings of a brawl, and a brawl is what we got. Neither fighter able to get the finish, this fight was left to the judges.

Both fighters were very aggressive in this fight and mixed up their strikes well, this couldn't have been an easy fight to score. Nickel landed 30 of his 58 strikes and Lentz landed 24 of his 76 strikes. Winning in both accuracy and total strikes landed, this fight was awarded to Nickel.

Jahouli Defeats Boaler via KO (Punch) 4:07 of round 2. (KotN)

Boaler got this fight to the ground pretty early in the fight and worked in a few submission attempts, but Jahouli did well to defend them and force a ref stand up. In round two, Boaler was able to again get the fight down, but before he could even consider what to do on the ground, a brilliant escape by Jahouli negated the takedown. Avoiding the takedown the rest of the fight, which was over before the end of the first round, Jahouli started picking apart Boaler's defenses and at just over the 4 minute mark, Jahouli lunged in with a left hook that had the whole arena silenced with what looked like a for sure broken neck of Boaler. His head and neck twisted around so violently, that the medic was running for the cage before he even hit the mat. Fortunately for Boaler, he will be fine and only has a minor strain in his neck. What an absolutely brutal KO for Jahouli to earn him the KO of the Night award.

Undercards:

Imanari Draws Seran via Majority Draw

Dilbrandt Defeats De Oliveira via Decision (Unanimous)

Large Defeats Hugbergsson via KO (Head Kick) :20 of round 1.

Corona Defeats Rousey via Submission (Armbar) 2:43 of round 1.

Gunner Defeats Semenov via Decision (Unanimous)

Telegin Defeats Jukola via Submission (Kimura) 1:47 of round 1.

• Upvote 5