Photo

Clinton or Trump - Please Vote

Steel Penn Icon

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

Poll: Clinton Or Trump (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Who whould you vote for?

1. Voted Clinton (28 votes [45.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.90%

2. Voted Trump (33 votes [54.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#621 Steel

Steel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Putin crushed Turkey economically , just because he didn't respond with military action didn't mean he didn't affect nearly every single Turk indirectly.

I would imagine that given what he actually did the average Turk would have rather had Putin gone for eye for an eye.

#622 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

Putin crushed Turkey economically , just because he didn't respond with military action didn't mean he didn't affect nearly every single Turk indirectly.

I would imagine that given what he actually did the average Turk would have rather had Putin gone for eye for an eye.

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. The impact was fairly marginal although a few sectors were hurt hard. 

#623 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you.

Who are you again?  one of them Atlantic Council analysts?

#624 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

lol

#625 KingEpicity

KingEpicity

Pope of Hype

• Manager
  • 2,879 posts
  • Interests:MMA, NFL, Anime, Feeding the Dark Passenger.

I am the Pope of Hype. Hype's voice on Earth. I am here to preach the hype.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Nailed it.  :yes:

:wacko:

ezgif_com_resize_2.gif

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. 

#626 Steel

Steel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Gwad

I'm coming from feedback from Turkish businesses Real Estate, and tourism, not stats. Family owned property there as did I for a few years until the kids said they wanted to do Florida and Africa and other shit. But a lot of my family know Turks still.

These areas are critical to the average Turk. The hotels were empty, bars dead, restaurants empty, people who worked summers but lived 24 hours on bus away 6 months a year and earned cash for families in the mountains were no longer needed.

A place like Gocek is basically Russian. I actually got married in 5 star hotel full of Russians cheering my missus from the cliff tops as she was walked down a jetty to the ceremony.

I recall walking with my best man along the beach in our white suits past a Russian babe wearing a gold g string and gold cones over her nipples, her boyfriend was a fat fuck, so both summised hooker.

The Turks have had it shit now for a while, sorry for digressing I get bored with economics so easily, uni does that , I should have done law but the fuckers put me on an economics degree and being a lazy fuck and realising the syllabus was the same as A level I figured 3 years of getting hammered was the way forward,

Russian chicks with Nipple cones, great days.

I know a great place in Johannesburg too called the Ranch, highly recommend

Ok that's enough

• Guests

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

it started with Trump vs Clinton, 32 pages later it's russian strippers with cones over their nipples on turkish beaches.

#MMATycoon

#628 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

it started with Trump vs Clinton, 32 pages later it's russian strippers with cones over their nipples on turkish beaches.

#MMATycoon

If I could've voted for a Russian stripper instead of these two, I would've

15017318482-familia.jpg\

#629 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

Gwad

I'm coming from feedback from Turkish businesses Real Estate, and tourism, not stats. Family owned property there as did I for a few years until the kids said they wanted to do Florida and Africa and other shit. But a lot of my family know Turks still.

These areas are critical to the average Turk. The hotels were empty, bars dead, restaurants empty, people who worked summers but lived 24 hours on bus away 6 months a year and earned cash for families in the mountains were no longer needed.

A place like Gocek is basically Russian. I actually got married in 5 star hotel full of Russians cheering my missus from the cliff tops as she was walked down a jetty to the ceremony.

I recall walking with my best man along the beach in our white suits past a Russian babe wearing a gold g string and gold cones over her nipples, her boyfriend was a fat fuck, so both summised hooker.

The Turks have had it shit now for a while, sorry for digressing I get bored with economics so easily, uni does that , I should have done law but the fuckers put me on an economics degree and being a lazy fuck and realising the syllabus was the same as A level I figured 3 years of getting hammered was the way forward,

Ok that's enough

I'm living in Istanbul at the moment so I have a fair idea of what affects the average Turk and what doesn't. 

Mostly I agree with you. The Turkish economy has had major problems this past year, my only point was that the Russian crisis played a very minor role in all of that.

So yes, tourism has been affected more than any other area but 2016 was going to be a very, very bad year regardless (re. terrorism, coup attempt), Russia just made it significantly worse. Again, particular areas were worse than others. Antalya, where many resorts were about 99% Russian, went to shit. 

I imagine real estate in those very particular areas was also going to shit. However this is separate from the general downturn in real estate in the country (when I say general downturn I'm really just talking about Istanbul because the market there completely dwarfs the rest of the country), which again is due to many factors, Russia being negligible.  

A lot of people were affected, no doubt, but, and maybe we are just arguing semantics, the "average" Turk was not affected by this crisis at all. By other things this year, yes. By this, no.

#630 Steel

Steel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

You live in Istanbul , ahh I recoil and bow to your greater knowledge Sensai.

I still believe I have the edge on high and low end brothel market on the European and South African scene.

I recall a business meeting in a strip bar in joburg where I went on stage and unknown to me I'd been set up by my boss. The lady somersaults her pussy and wraps her legs round my head , flips back and produces my suit belt, and the beats me off the stage like naughty dog?

You better Gwad? I got more, my Brussels nights are legendary, $5000 on strippers and champagne, try explaining that one and how you missed your 9am meeting selling units trusts because you're still in the strip club.

Great days.

#631 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

Gwad

Ok that's enough

Let him choke on stats or bullshit wikipedia articles.

#632 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

I'm living in Istanbul at the moment so I have a fair idea of what affects the average Turk and what doesn't. 

I had to fucking laugh hysterically at this.

Like the guys that says " hey i have an ukrainian friend here, he said Russians are bad they doing this and that", k.

The fact that you live in Turkey mean  shit when jack leave the town, you are totally clueelss on what the average Turks do and feels  or even counting theyr pockets.

#633 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

You live in Istanbul , ahh I recoil and bow to your greater knowledge Sensai.

I still believe I have the edge on high and low end brothel market on the European and South African scene.

I recall a business meeting in a strip bar in joburg where I went on stage and unknown to me I'd been set up by my boss. The lady somersaults her pussy and wraps her legs round my head , flips back and produces my suit belt, and the beats me off the stage like naughty dog?

You better Gwad? I got more, my Brussels nights are legendary, $5000 on strippers and champagne, try explaining that one and how you missed your 9am meeting selling units trusts because you're still in the strip club.

Great days.

Thank you, thank you.

Before I arrived in Istanbul I was young, dumb and slightly handicapped. My memory of those dark, dark pre-Istanbul times is by and large quite fuzzy but I remember on one particularly vivid occasion coming to the most profound realization that I was a loaf of bread and attempting, with all my capacities, to convince my fellow diners at that particular TGI Fridays (during peak hours) of my theory. Those were trying times. After another particularly nasty incident, when, practicing long division, I forgot to carry the 3, my family, bless their soul, finally reached their breaking point and crammed me into a box to send to the other side of the world. And so it was.

As soon as I touched down on these hallowed grounds it was as if the weight of 10,000 dunce-caps were removed at the flick of Odin’s wrist. Instantaneously, I understood Michael Graves groundbreaking contribution to post-modernism, the 73rd digit of pi, the correct formula for the jet propulsion of a 10 ton rocket (taking into account the changing gravitation pull of the earth of course), and, as miraculous and far-fetched as it sounds, a basic understanding of the economic conditions of the country.  

Indeed, the only bit of worldly knowledge now escaping my grasp is an appreciation of Belgium’s strip club scene. On that, I defer to you.

I had to fucking laugh hysterically at this.

Like the guys that says " hey i have an ukrainian friend here, he said Russians are bad they doing this and that", k.

The fact that you live in Turkey mean  shit when jack leave the town, you are totally clueelss on what the average Turks do and feels  or even counting theyr pockets.

lol

#634 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,455 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-38664789

Interesting little video. From Plato's Republic - democracy leads to tyranny, and the rise of a demagogue to save the people from exhausting freedom. Prescient. I hope to god Plato was wrong.

#635 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-38664789

Interesting little video. From Plato's Republic - democracy leads to tyranny, and the rise of a demagogue to save the people from exhausting freedom. Prescient. I hope to god Plato was wrong.

Athen was one of the worst eltie imperialist dictatorship of the ancient world.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steel Penn, Icon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users