• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#21 jeaston

jeaston

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

I agree with Mentor. Me and Rabid may have our problems, however if he doesn't win new manager of the year based on wins and losses and how good he is at managing and fighting then this award is a just false. If Dino was an asshole we'd still give him best manger of the year. Just because Rabid may be a jerk doesn't mean he doesn't deserve this award.

#22 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,038 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

I agree with Mentor. Me and Rabid may have our problems, however if he doesn't win new manager of the year based on wins and losses and how good he is at managing and fighting then this award is a just false. If Dino was an asshole we'd still give him best manger of the year. Just because Rabid may be a jerk doesn't mean he doesn't deserve this award.

I'm not voting for Rabid because:

1. He has given his fighters stupid names, for example "First Fist", "Second Fist", etc. This isn't setting a good example for new MMA Tycoon players and I don't want to vote for someone who would be setting a bad example.

2. Nearly every single one of his fighters has been signed up to an LOD organisation. This means he could have been given more favourable match ups than someone not in LOD.

1376065122corporation4.png                     1452094593LuckyLiamsAcademy.png

#23 KingEpicity

KingEpicity

Pope of Hype

• Manager
  • 2,879 posts
  • Interests:MMA, NFL, Anime, Feeding the Dark Passenger.

I am the Pope of Hype. Hype's voice on Earth. I am here to preach the hype.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

Pretty sure Rabid isn't even a new manager. Wasn't he a RETURNING manager? Just because he has a new account doesn't make him a new manager. I may be wrong about that but I am pretty sure he returned.

I mean if established returning managers under new accounts count as "new" managers then Future Leader(Active Serial Killer) wins this award hands down and it's not even close.

http://www.mmatycoon...hp?MgrID=103005

I actually may be wrong about the returning manager thing but I thought I remembered there being a thread about it when he returned. I may be thinking of someone else.

But either way I am not voting for Rabid because he is most ignorant and disrespectful person in the game. He pressure newbies and attacks them when they do what he wants. He is the king of ignorant rants and has the most unoriginal character names I have ever seen. That has to play some what of a part in the deciding process. This would be different if Rabid was the "clear" front runner for the award like Dino is for best manager but he's not so yeah, sorry buddy.

If Dino was as big of a douche as rabid is and not the clear cut No. 1 manager I would not vote for him either for his respective category. Lucky enough though he's not a tool like Rabid and he IS the clear front runner.

ezgif_com_resize_2.gif

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. 

#24 jeaston

jeaston

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

Idk about all that Epicity but you're right. I don't think returning managers should win this award. However, I don't think the way you act should have anything to do with an award based on skill. While his fighters names are stupid and he does fight in LOD orgs, I don't know if you can deny his skill with the sliders which he obviously has. I don't even like the kid but I would put all that aside for a share vote.

#25 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

#26 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

Rabid alien is a crazy idiot/moron who personally attack noobs for not doing what he wants and is a total can crusher.

LOD sucks man, just face it. Even my mole in LOD says it's not friendly and the advice is bad.

79877419659107f010829c1218676534.png

1) the fact that YOU have stars next to David Brent shows that he is a multi-account of yours - cheater

2) Notice that #2 on both lists is Dean Sutherland - I guess he doesn't deserve any votes for manager of the year?

EDIT - nevermind point 1 - I was wrong about that, but what about point 2?

Edited by BlakePhoenix, 08 December 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#27 DoctorOctagon

DoctorOctagon

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:mmaplayground.com/profile/RecklessIndifference
  • Manager Profile

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

1) the fact that YOU have stars next to David Brent shows that he is a multi-account of yours - cheater

2) Notice that #2 on both lists is Dean Sutherland - I guess he doesn't deserve any votes for manager of the year?

This is Best New Manager. Sounds like Dean has Best Manager locked up, but a couple guys are still in the running

King of the Beach is always looking for 270k+ fighters

- Free private jet for relocation

- $500 bonus for wearing KOTB clothing on fight nights (Machine Fight Gear)

- In-house rankings on website

#28 KingEpicity

KingEpicity

Pope of Hype

• Manager
  • 2,879 posts

• Manager Profile

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:34 PM

Like I said, if he was the front runner for the award I would begrudgingly vote for him probably but he's not. And if it's a close race then yes, I am going to pick the manager who's classy not sassy.

ezgif_com_resize_2.gif

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. 

#29 KingEpicity

KingEpicity

Pope of Hype

• Manager
  • 2,879 posts

• Manager Profile

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

Looks like David Brent is a multi-account of Uni-conor and is also therefore the mole in LOD that he speaks of. . .

d9ae6b7722f4760fd7442f7c94b68a08.png

Hey Blake, are you my multi?

You click on the bar graph at the top of anyone's profile page and it shows their competition with their name highlighted. Conor did something similar using Brent's ID.

ezgif_com_resize_2.gif

#30 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

Looks like David Brent is a multi-account of Uni-conor and is also therefore the mole in LOD that he speaks of. . .

Lmao 

giphy.gif

#31 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

4b220e377774e149ebe3cf577a4d197b.png

giphy.gif

#32 Kakaoko

Kakaoko

White Belt

• Manager
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

I mean if established returning managers under new accounts count as "new" managers then Future Leader(Active Serial Killer) wins this award hands down and it's not even close.

http://www.mmatycoon...hp?MgrID=103005

I actually may be wrong about the returning manager thing but I thought I remembered there being a thread about it when he returned. I may be thinking of someone else.

I dont think that the manager who was banned that year for racism should win the best new manager award.

#33 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

This is Best New Manager. Sounds like Dean has Best Manager locked up, but a couple guys are still in the running

I know this is for Best New Manager - what I was saying is that if Uniconor believes that David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, then under the same standard he should believe that Dean Sutherland shouldn't get best manager.

#34 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

OK, my bad - I didn't know you could do that and it would show the stars. 

But what about this: If you believe David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, by the same token/standard you should also believe that Dean Sutherland doesn't deserve best manager.

#35 clydebankblitz

clydebankblitz

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

I don't really get how manager rating works, so correct me if I'm wrong:-

But I THINK it works on the difference in rank between you and the guy you're facing. So by that logic, Dinooo will rarely ever even have the opportunity to face someone above him, making every match up one that will decrease his opponent rank.

1428187949Logonew2.gif

MMA Tycoon's best age restricted organisation.

257k ID Restriction

25 Years Old and Above

#36 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

I know this is for Best New Manager - what I was saying is that if Uniconor believes that David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, then under the same standard he should believe that Dean Sutherland shouldn't get best manager.

Whoevever negged this is an idiot - I made a valid logical point about a double standard.

#37 jeaston

jeaston

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

OK, my bad - I didn't know you could do that and it would show the stars. 
But what about this: If you believe David Brent shouldn't get best new manager due to poor competition, by the same token/standard you should also believe that Dean Sutherland doesn't deserve best manager.

Exactly my point. On the other thread they said it was messed up and didn't matter though. By I guess it mattered here?

#38 BlakePhoenix

BlakePhoenix

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

Nice edit - I see that you removed Dean Sutherland from #2 and removed a whole shitload of managers between the top and me to make it look like I'm worse than I really am. All you're doing is spouting anti-LOD rhetoric bullshit and editing screenshots to assist with that.

#39 DoctorOctagon

DoctorOctagon

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:mmaplayground.com/profile/RecklessIndifference
  • Manager Profile

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I think there is some validity to that argument and the fact that the top guys will usually have a low competition ranking, but David Brent is still leaps and bounds above everybody on that list and the only time I've ever seen him speak on the forums, he usually comes off as an asshole. So, if people don't want to vote for him because of that, I think that's their right. 

I've only crossed paths with him in-game at PFC, but he's never responded to me, so I can't really speak on the matter either way. 

At the end of the day, the votes will be decided by the users. LOD has the biggest group of members, so I'm sure they'll get their fair share of awards, whether they're deserved or not. 

King of the Beach is always looking for 270k+ fighters

- Free private jet for relocation

- $500 bonus for wearing KOTB clothing on fight nights (Machine Fight Gear)

- In-house rankings on website

#40 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

Whoevever negged this is an idiot - I made a valid logical point about a double standard.

Its only valid if you have no idea how the competition rating works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Of The Year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users