Jon Jones test positive for steriods

PBR

still the dude defended his title against legit top contenders ( without all the drama unlike some other so called champions) and won with colour points, before all this doping shit and crazy car-drivings happened

How the suspension works if he gets 4 year suspension he would still be tested in that period of time or not?

I think he has to be tested the entire time for the suspension to progress to a finish. When there was talk of Brock vs Jones, I read that the timetable would have been very stretched out due to Lesnar not being tested due to his retirement.

• Upvote 1

If Brock vs Jones ever happens, they should explicitely allow for doping of any and every kind. Just think of the build up! It would be epic! Brock hurling his pets across the room because of some minor hassle. Jones doing hit and runs of a drastically different nature.

Epic, I say!

.... what? If you push the freakshow button .... you better push it damn hard!

• Upvote 2

If Brock vs Jones ever happens, they should explicitely allow for doping of any and every kind. Just think of the build up! It would be epic! Brock hurling his pets across the room because of some minor hassle. Jones doing hit and runs of a drastically different nature.

Epic, I say!

.... what? If you push the freakshow button .... you better push it damn hard!

I agree. They already let Lesnar dope with no repercussions. They should just have them both fight each other in a roid bout. It will be the most epic thing to ever be televised.

• Upvote 3

still the dude defended his title against legit top contenders ( without all the drama unlike some other so called champions) and won with colour points, before all this doping shit and crazy car-drivings happened

if he is doping now then maybe he was doping then...

it was easier to get away with it back in the days.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm done with MMA as a hardcore fan (at least for the forseeable future) and this was the last straw. Maybe I'll watch the likes of Conor and Joanna fight from time to time but with Jon Jones gone there are very few interesting fighters left in MMA in my opinion. Not enough to maintain my interest and demand my time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think I'm done with MMA as a hardcore fan (at least for the forseeable future) and this was the last straw. Maybe I'll watch the likes of Conor and Joanna fight from time to time but with Jon Jones gone there are very few interesting fighters left in MMA in my opinion. Not enough to maintain my interest and demand my time.

It's weird saying this but I agree with your view. The talent pool has gotten so much better but the fighters just aren't as interesting anymore. I love the sport and I will continue to watch but I would say I'm nearing the end of my hardcore fanaticism as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The sport is being tainted by drug users(steroids).

BUT There are PLENTY of stars and amazing fighters out there in each weight class in a lot of orgs.

I've been pretty well done with boxing for awhile because it's pure politics and corruption but MMA is still in my heart hardcore until it goes in boxings direction fully.

BUT There are PLENTY of stars and amazing fighters out there in each weight class in a lot of orgs.

I've been pretty well done with boxing for awhile because it's pure politics and corruption but MMA is still in my heart hardcore until it goes in boxings direction fully.

There are a ton of talented and amazing fighters in each weight class but in terms of stars there are very few. At this point unless Conor, GSP, or Jon Jones are fighting I'm watching basically only because I love the sport. I'm not watching because of certain fighters like I used to because they're just not interesting or captivating. But with the massive amount of watered down cards seemingly every week that is wearing very thin. There used to be hype behind most cards but now with so little stars and such frequent events the hype is all but gone.

MMA may not be boxing but it's headed there and it's headed there pretty quickly. I blame Conor and the rise of "Money Fights" for that mostly. Then there is all the new divisions and most are honestly unnecessary but we gotta have them because the UFC can't sell PPV's anymore unless a certain amount of title fights are on the card or Conor is fighting.

I agree. They already let Lesnar dope with no repercussions. They should just have them both fight each other in a roid bout. It will be the most epic thing to ever be televised.

Yes, it could be a "non-sanctioned bout" like they used to have in pro-wrestling for "extreme" matches when they were still pretending that most matches were "sanctioned".

Yes, it could be a "non-sanctioned bout" like they used to have in pro-wrestling for "extreme" matches when they were still pretending that most matches were "sanctioned".

The funny part is pro-wrestling wasn't pretending the matches were sanctioned in some territories even though everyone involved knew it was a work.

The funny part is pro-wrestling wasn't pretending the matches were sanctioned in some territories even though everyone involved knew it was a work.

It's always amusing to me listening to the old timers tell stories about kayfabe era wrestling - it seems like most of the crowd was not "in on it," but the cops and other officials somehow were.

Ahh pro wrestling.... I remember as a kid going to the restroom at live WWF(WWE for you youngsters) event and hearing old guys discussing matches and genuinely pissed off that their favorite wrestle lost because he should have just pinned his opponent rather than wandering the ring taunting the crowd. As if the wrestler was the stupid one!

• Upvote 2

It's been tainted by drug users from the beginning. It's just fighters are getting caught now.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's always amusing to me listening to the old timers tell stories about kayfabe era wrestling - it seems like most of the crowd was not "in on it," but the cops and other officials somehow were.

Regionally dependent I think, plus I'd say most adults knew it was a work but weren't sure where the line was -- especially when guys like Lou Thesz legitimately could beat the tar out of people.