Multiple Businesses?

Akihiro

Mu  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple Business slot ?

• single business
    • Multiple business

I hear what you both are saying....however, if it was set up that if you choose to open a second business it would have to be a public gym, then this would eliminate that from an option.

No, it wouldn't. Because what would stop anybody from setting a very low max capacity and having all of his fighters going into the gym? It would be a public gym, but only formally. Effectively it would be run exactly like a private one and end up being every bit as exclusive.

BTW - There not being enough public gyms (safe for maybe Tokyo and Montreal right now) is not even the chief issue of public gyms. Given the current demand, there are enough public gyms in most places. Public gyms suffer from being effectively cut off from a big part of the most active player base. It is a balancing issue resulting from the turned off locations.

Check the following link, to understand what I mean by this:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59224&p=872690

The problem isn't offer, but demand! Enforcing these busineses under such circumstances would be heading in the wrong direction.

• Upvote 1

No, it wouldn't. Because what would stop anybody from setting a very low max capacity and having all of his fighters going into the gym? It would be a public gym, but only formally. Effectively it would be run exactly like a private one and end up being every bit as exclusive.

BTW - There not being enough public gyms (safe for maybe Tokyo and Montreal right now) is not even the chief issue of public gyms. Given the current demand, there are enough public gyms in most places. Public gyms suffer from being effectively cut off from a big part of the most active player base. It is a balancing issue resulting because of the turned off locations.

See:

The problem isn't offer, but demand! Enforcing these busineses under such circumstances would be heading in the wrong direction.

Make the minimum fighter limit 40 or something like that. Seems like an easy tweak.

Good points KalleDerLude, if it was done like that it could just as well have been a couple more Cozad gyms per city, Cozad level 2, 3 etc..

I'd rather see that a public gym was a more attractive option to use up your business slot on.

The thing is: I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with how public gyms are set up businesswise. Elite coach costs are high, but that is not all that unrealistic. And it goes for the private gyms, too. They are always bleeding considerable money. Provided that they are maxed out coach-wise and set up to guarantee 1-1 training, which typically is the idea. Public gyms are currently a lackluster option (certainly outside of Montreal and Tokyo) mostly because of the surrounding economic aspects of the meta game (a shrunken player base and localization being of no concern for anybody).

But some blame also has to go to many public gym owners. Because they are often woefully unimaginative in making a solid business plan. 95% percent of the public gyms out there appear to be either elite gyms (or something very close), which are often every bit as expensive as private ones (they typically have to be) or purely conditional coaching gyms, that cost next to nothing, but are only attractive for those, who train physicals. Rarely are there any good deals in between. And the fact, that newly created fighters do not benefit from elite coaching in any tangible way (provided that the coach is ANY better than fighter) is something, that most new players appear to be utterly unaware of. The just read "elite" and end up squandering far more money on developing fighters, than they have to.

Thats part of the reason I feel that "with processes and procedures" set for anyone owning a second business (being a public gym) the chances are that the managers who take advantage of this option are more than likely knowledgeable on running a gym the right way...for instance I would find it hard pressed to find managers with a solid understanding of the game (fighters, training, business)that wouldn't realize supply and demand...for instance take Rio...there are 3 public gyms 2 of which are $1000 week and the other $750...for non vip (new managers neither of these are good options. I could excercise my 2nd business (public gym) option and come in with a gym that cost maybe $200 a week with a bunch of say superb coaches...for fighters training from useless this is a great option to start with. Gives them a chance to build up skill and earn some money to upgrade to that $1000 a week gym and being able to profit at the same time. Smart business owners would realize these needs and provide them and give them a income stream to pay for that other private gym of theirs while providing an option currently not there. I'm sure there are still a lot of managers who don't realize that you don't need to train with elite coaches to get max gains like back in the day, we should make sure there are options provided and a reasonable price for these guys to have a chance at success...who's gonna pay for VIP if they create 4 fighters...put em in a gym to train, get signed to a low entry level contract, run out of money and never get their fighters good training and they lose all the time...epppp I'm gonna bounce and find something else to play.If we make things more attractive to incoming managers or even some that are already here they might buy vip or at least be more active in the game helping out the VIP managers business.

• Upvote 4