SP-ICON 256 ( PPV )

bjornmma1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

SP-ICON presents one of our best cards in a long time. This event is an event for the many managers that have shown believe in me and the org. It will be a badass 3 hour long PPV with a ton of cool fights on it. I could have made it even a bit better, but needed some starpower to be the main event for next events also...

Our roster has really improved a lot lately and we won't stop recruiting great fighters anytime soon :P

SP-ICON 256

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1443255749Special.jpg

(Created the poster myself)

This thread is for the purpose of discussing the event and the managers with a fighter on the card can also use it to smack talk.

I will message a bookmaker to set up odds for the event as well and will let him display them here as well.

PREVIEW SP-ICON 256 (PPV)

Welcome fight fans to one of the biggest events in the history of SP-ICON Hilo, SPI 256!! This is Joe River here to do the fighter introductions and hopefully get a chance to talk to my good buddy Bjorn about the ORG and his plans for the future. So lets get this started with the Fighter Introductions.

The first fight for tonight is at 170

Juan Cabrillo vs Don Julio

Juan is 15-10 with 9 (t)KO's, he has been (t)KO'ed 3 times and subbed 2.

Julio is 20-13-1 with 5 (t)KO's he has been stopped 6 times 3 by (t)KO and 3 by sub.

Juan is a ground fighter with a takedown success rate of 35%. He does mix in his boxing while standing to set up his takedowns.

Julio is a striker with elite boxing that likes to mix in kicks while standing.

Both these fighters are vets Juan is older at 36 but has a lot less fights than the younger Julio. I feel Julio is going to have to rely on that experience in this fight if he hopes to win. He has a big edge in striking but his apparent lack of KO power is going to make this fight hard on him. Juan is an elite wrestler and I look for that to win the fight for him. Unless he gases early I think he will take down Julio and finish him there.

Our second fight will be at 170

James LaBrie vs James Penn.

Labrie is making his debut in ICON tonight, he is 7-0 in QFC fights so far, and looks to have finally decided to step up and sign a contract. He is a very good striker with heavy hands, 6 of his 7 wins are stoppages.

Penn is a BJJ animal he has his red belt and 5 of his 7 wins are by sub. He also has 3 wins in TWGC. But his striking needs some work.

This is going to be an interesting fight, two completely different styles of fighting, Penn has 30% takedown success and he better hope he lands one fast. If he cant then it will be a bad night for him. I think LaBrie's striking will be to much for him and look for him to get a KO win in the first round. LaBrie

has not fought a lot of good competition yet, but now that he is under contract if he can continue building on his QFC success he could be a future star for the ORG.

The third fight of the night at 265 is

Jimmy James vs Chris Palmer

James is 22-11 with 11 (T) KOs and 8 subs, but he has been stopped himself 8 times. He looks to be a good well rounded fighter, that can win it standing or on the mat. But you cant train chin, and I would say his is suspect.

Palmer is 13-6 with 6(T) KO's and 5 subs. He too is a good well rounded fighter and has a granite chin.

I see this fight going one of two ways, Palmer with a KO win or a decision win for James. I think James is just to much for Palmer, they are the same type build but James has the better skills. If not for his chin I think his record would be a lot better. Palmer better throw hard and hope he lands one clean.

The fourth fight of the night is at 185

Nigel McHughes vs Thomas Raven

McHughes is 24-13-1 with 12 (t) KOs and 1 sub win, he has never been KO'ed himself but has been subbed once. He is currently on a 5 fight win streak.

Raven is 14-7 with 11 (T)KO wins, he has never been KO'ed either but has been subbed 3 times.

I could see this being a war, both guys like to throw down. I have to give the edge to Raven, but don't count out McHughes he knows what he is doing or wouldn't have won 5 in a row.

Joe-High Bjorn, nice of you to finally join us. So what do you think of tonights event?

Bjorn-This is going to be a great event! The PPV tonight is going to be huge for the ORG and is going to showcase all that we have achieved in such a short amount of time here. The ORG is getting better and better and it shows with this PPV. Tonight is a stepping stone for us, I want to thank all of the mangers and fighters that have came in to help us grow. This event would not have happened without you. I will continue to bring in top fighters and mangers to give the best fights possible. I want to.....

Joe-OK Bjorn, got to cut you off more fighters are making their way up and we don't want to keep the people waiting.

The fifth fight tonight is at 145

Eliah Marshal vs Finn Balor

Marshal is 29-14 with 13(t) KOs and has been (t) KOed himself 3 times and subbed 2. This will be his first fight under his new manager, his previous manager Jack Demon did well with him, lets hope Beasley can keep it going.

Balor is 21-9 with 10(t)KO wins and 4 wins by sub. He has been stopped 4 times and subbed 2.

This should be another good fight, Marshal is a striker that will be looking to stand and bang, Balor has good striking also but has some ground game to fall back to. I look for Balor to get the takedown and finish Marshal in round 2.

Joe-Bjorn we have a few minutes before the next round of fighters come out. Anything you would like to share with the fans about the ORG?

Bjorn-O yes! We have big plans! My first goal for the ORG is to keep signing top talent and continue to build the roster. We get a few more top fighters and more up and coming guys to round out the ORG and we will be a top 10 ORG in no time. At least that is my goal, to break into the top 10 and stay there. We are going to do some more PPV's and just keep building. Once we break into the top 10 it will bring even better contracts and bonuses and even better fights.

Joe-That sounds great Bjorn. The next fighters are coming out so we will get back to that.

Our first fight on the main card for tonight is at 265

Ethelbart Takahashi vs Hunter Gatherer

Takahashi is 39-18 with 30 (t) KO's, he has been stopped 10 times 2 of them were by sub.

Gatherer is 23-8-1 with 19 (t)KO wins and 1 sub. He has 6 (t)KO losses and 1 sub loss.

Gatherer has been struggling some lately. He has only won 2 of his last 7. Both of Takahashi's last 2 fights were losses to great fighters, I look for him to get back on track with a win this time.

Joe-Bjorn this seams like a great time to talk about Pullo since he was the last one to beat Takahashi. So what do you think of his record now?

Bjorn-Pullo is a great fighter, 26-0 is crazy and even harder to believe is 25 of those were (t) KO's. He could be one of the best 265 fighters ever. He has a great manager. I have been looking for a superfight for him and he just signed to fight the former #6 ranked Sellus Gravius.

The next fight on the main card is

Bear Stevenson vs Ingemar Anders (155lbs title fight)

Stevenson is the 155 Champ, he is 26-7-1 with 11(t) KO's and 2 subs.

Anders is the 145 Champ, he is 25-15 with 12 (t) KO's

This is a very interesting fight, Bear is a ground fighter with some striking skills. Anders is a striker without a great ground game. This is going to come down to who dictates were the fight happens. Bear has a big edge in wrestling so I have to give it to him. He will be looking to go to the mat often and will try and finish it there. If Anders can survive and get help from the ref with a few standups he will have a big edge in striking. Will he look to pick Bear apart or load up on power and hope for the KO? Bear has only been stopped once, so I don't see it happening against Anders.

Joe-Bjorn do you have anything you would like to add to this.

Bjorn-Yes, I am really excited for this fight. I already have someone in mind for the next 155 title shot. So the winner here will have to defend soon. I am working to build our 155 class now. I would like to bring in some more good fighters and get some good top level competition.

Next up on the main card is

Ray Force vs Imperiex Prime for the 265+ title

Ray is 23-6 with all his wins by (t)KO. He has been stopped 5 times.

Prime is 18-12 and like Ray all his wins are by (t)KO but he has been (t) KO'ed 9 times.

This will be the 6th title fight for Ray, he has been unbeatable at 265+. Prime has won 6 of his last 7. This one will be over fast. These guy both come out looking to throw bombs and finish the other guy, should make for an exciting fight. They are very closely matched what they lack in skills they make up for in power. Prime is the bigger fighter, but Ray looks to have the better chin. I don't really think it matters, the winner will be whoever lands the first big shot.

Joe-Bjorn I hope no one blinks during this fight or they may miss the end.

Bjorn-Yes they both have big KO power. 265+ is another class I am working to build. I want to add more fighters and better trained guys to help us grow there. The guys we have are great fighters, I just want to build more at the top level and add a few more mid level guys to make it more competitive.

The co-main event for tonight is

Sotiris Kakoullis vs Miguel Camacho for the 205 title.

Kakoullis is the 205 champ, he is 19-4 with 16 (t) KO's, he has only been stopped 1 time.

Camacho is 25-10 with 23 (t) KO's, all of his losses have been by (t)KO

The champ is a dangerous striker with lots of KO power and likes to mix in some dirty boxing from the clinch. Camacho is another great striker with the power to end a fight at any time. Neither fighter has ever attempted a takedown so we are going to see a stand up war here for sure. I have to go with the champ in this one. Camacho has a granite chin but still has been stopped all of his 10 losses, I look for that to happen again tonight.

Joe-Bjorn do you have anything you would like to add about this fight?

Bjorn-I am very happy to have added these two great fighters to our 205 class. They are both exciting fighters with good managers. Adding them really improved our 205 group. This should be a great one to watch, and could end up as fight of the night if they both come out and fight to their potential.

Our main event for the evening is

Arial Jones vs Darren Lockyer for the 185 title.

Jones is the 185 champ, he is 21-6-1 with 12 (t) KO's and 3 sub wins.

Lockyer is 28-10-1 with 26 of his wins by (t)KO

Jones is a great all around fighter with a takedown success rate of 38%, but his striking is just as dangerous if not more. Lockyer is a boxer, with good Muay Thai and lightening in his hands. This should be a great final fight for the night. I think these two fighters match up really well standing, but with the champs ground game at some point he will take Lockyer down and I look for him to finish it there and pick up his 4th sub win.

Joe-Bjorn this is going to be a crazy event! You have done well setting this up and at the rate you are building this ORG you are going to have people looking at Hilo again as a place to fight. I want to thank you for letting me help with this event, and for the chance to come watch this epic show you are putting on. Do you have anything else you would like to add Bjorn?

Bjorn-Yes I want to thank everyone involved in this event, it is our biggest one since I have taken over. I have brought in a lot of talent and a lot of them are on this event. I want to thank all the great managers involved and I want to.....

Joe-Sorry to cut you off Bjorn but my beer has been empty long enough I think we are done here. Good night everyone!

• Upvote 2

Betting odds and quick overview by yours truly mickey hart

(1.50 fav) Arial Jones v Darren Lockyer(2.30 dog)

I see this gong to the hungry young champ then the old wash challenger . Lockyer is dangerous and has a puncher chance but that about it.

(1.89 dog) Sotiris Kakoullis v Miguel Camacho (1.75 fav)

A very close fight but i think Camacho will shade it.You don't become world number 1 in your weight class for nothing and i expect him to bounce back here

(1.89 dog)Ray Force v Imperiex Prime (1.75 fav)

A very close fight which will end in a ko .Again i going with the challenger.Seem he might have a sight edge with his faster learning ability .

(1.50 fav)Bear Stevenson v Ingemar Anders(2.30 dog)

The champion Stevenson looksreally up for this fight .Anders i don't think can beat this level of opponent especially with looking to play it safe and winning by decision .Stevnson should have you ko long before the that by the way.

(2.30 dog) Ethelbart Takahashi v Hunter Gatherer (1.50 fav)

This should be easy win for Gatherer .Takahashi has not been his best for some time.

Odds subject to change so get then bets on early :dancing: .Link down below.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8117

• Upvote 1

Betting odds and quick overview by yours truly mickey hart

(1.50 fav)Bear Stevenson v Ingemar Anders(2.30 dog)

The champion Stevenson looksreally up for this fight .Anders i don't think can beat this level of opponent especially with looking to play it safe and winning by decision .Stevnson should have you ko long before the that by the way.

lmaooooooooo x3,000,000,000,000 at this guy's pre-fight analysis, emphasis on the anal.

• Upvote 2

SP-ICON 256 Review

This great event put us at the number 8 spot worldwide. There were some really impressive displays of starpower on this card and I'm sure the fans loved it!

Some of the most important facts of the event :

1) Arial Jones retained his 185lbs belt in dominant fashion and showed the world that he is one of the absolute best in the world in his division. This guy is a monster and it's an honor having him here! He moved up to 9th worldwide at 185lbs and the sky is the limit for him it seems!

2) Sotiris Kakoulis did the same thing at 205lbs as his fellow champion at 185lbs. He put his huge KO power on display and KO'd Miguel Camacho in the first round of their title fight. He moves up to 12th worldwide at 205lbs and just like Arial, the sky is the limit for him. Our 185lbs champ and 205lbs champion seem ready to destroy anyone that sets foot in their way.

3) Ray Force , the 265lbs + champion made quick work of the number one challenger as he put him to sleep in just over one minute to defend his title once again succesfully. Great performance!

4) Ignemar Anders has done what many believed was impossible. He captured the 155lbs title after beating Bear Stevenson by unanimous decision. He is now the 145lbs AND the 155lbs champion ! Huge congrats for this amazing achievement!

5) The bookmakers didn't give Ethelbart Takahashi a big chance against Gatherer, but he proved them wrong and (t)KO'd his opponent in the first round. Very nice win after two tough losses! Great job Taka!

FOTN : Eliah Marshall vs Fin Balor for their amazing 3 round war with a 96% fight rating

KO of the night : Sotiris Kakoulis for his brutal one punch KO win in his title defense.

Thanks to all fighters and managers involved in the event/org for this great event! :D

• Upvote 3

lmaooooooooo x3,000,000,000,000 at this guy's pre-fight analysis, emphasis on the anal.

http://i.imgur.com/3Yt1yVe.png

lol.

God now i know how tv pundits feel :blush: .Yep kinda wrong with my predictions :OMG: . O well i blame the fighters lol :) .

3) Ray Force , the 265lbs + champion made quick work of the number one challenger as he put him to sleep in just over one minute to defend his title once again succesfully. Great performance!

Were you watching the same fight as me :o .Force was getting his ass whoop until he through a hail mary punch at the end to ko Prime.A definite candidate for comeback of the year /fight of the year.I still in shock and had to read the ending a few times .Very good fight :D .

Were you watching the same fight as me :o .Force was getting his ass whoop until he through a hail mary punch at the end to ko Prime.A definite candidate for comeback of the year /fight of the year.I still in shock and had to read the ending a few times .Very good fight :D .

Agreed, it was more of a crazy comeback, but what a performance! :o