Declining fights

bobloblaw

What in the actual hell is up with this. I could see declining a fight if you feel way overmatched or the offer isn't anywhere in the ball park of a competitive fight. Why would one top 900 fighter turn down a fight with another top 900 fighter for a title eliminator right? You're saying you want to fight a can instead? Should an org owner just cut these fighters? Problem being I just paid a big bonus to sign them. SMH

• Upvote 4

Yeah this is a big problem at all levels.

I was chatting with RFC`s Jay Stanley because his champion Hopkins was asking for a contract on chat. So before sending the contract I checked with Jay and he confirmed Hopkin`s manager kept refusing the tough fights so he had no choice but to strip his title and boot him out of the org :(

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=340364

I had to also strip his title at FARTMMA because of the same reason, this is the guy he was dodging:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=340646

His biggest mistake was to do that to tev who is the Underground org owner, right now all 3 owners are very tight so we will not tolerate this.

Not sure what will happen to Hopkins, probably train until he is capped? In any case, skills start declining if your guy doesn`t fight so kind of a waste to do that to a good prospect instead of just facing tough opposition and maybe losing a few.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I was chatting with RFC`s Jay Stanley because his champion Hopkins was asking for a contract on chat. So before sending the contract I checked with Jay and he confirmed Hopkin`s manager kept refusing the tough fights so he had no choice but to strip his title and boot him out of the org :(

I had to also strip his title at FARTMMA because of the same reason, this is the guy he was dodging:

His biggest mistake was to do that to tev who is the Underground org owner, right now all 3 owners are very tight so we will not tolerate this.

Not sure what will happen to Hopkins, probably train until he is capped? In any case, skills start declining if your guy doesn`t fight so kind of a waste to do that to a good prospect instead of just facing tough opposition and maybe losing a few.

Know the facts before you talk shit & btw here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/506810625025114113/676666277053464576/Screenshot_2020-02-11_MMA_Tycoon_Contracts.png

• Upvote 5

Why does the 55 decline the fight though?

Because there is no reward. 55 rank beating a 1000k rank gets 55 to 52 p4p. Every manager strives to get their fighter up the rank, this fight makes no sense for the 55 ranked guy, and is a gift for the 1000 ranked guy, with nothing at all to lose. Plus(and this is just a sidenote), look at the 1000 ranked fighters opponents. He beat walking cans, and the moment he faced someone half decent, he lost. You don't see a top 5 p4p fighter in UFC fighting some joe shmoe off the street right?

• Upvote 1

Why does the 55 decline the fight though?

If you have much higher hype than your opponent, you gain nothing when you beat him and you lose a lot if you get defeated. Org owners should not book such joke fights and better build a solid contender in a few fights instead of throwing such fighter to the champion. It is not about being scared to fight him, it is about not having much sense in that fight.

Will Jon Jones for example be scared to fight you? - I guess no.

Will he agree to fight you? - Most likely no.

If you have much higher hype than your opponent, you gain nothing when you beat him and you lose a lot if you get defeated. Org owners should not book such joke fights and better build a solid contender in a few fights instead of throwing such fighter to the champion. It is not about being scared to fight him, it is about not having much sense in that fight.

Will Jon Jones for example be scared to fight you? - I guess no.

Will he agree to fight you? - Most likely no.

This makes sense at least. But should the champ be worried about hype?

That may work in some orgs, but sometimes we little guys try and build a contender and then the champ is pissed he isn't getting offered fights. I suppose you can't please everyone

This makes sense at least. But should the champ be worried about hype?

That may work in some orgs, but sometimes we little guys try and build a contender and then the champ is pissed he isn't getting offered fights. I suppose you can't please everyone

Well, you can discuss that stuff with the champ's manager so he isn't pissed. Tell him for example, dude there is no one anywhere close to your fighter atm, you can either sit out a couple of months while we build a contender, or take this fight if you want to. Also you can do a super fight with other division's champion (145lb champ vs 155lb champ for example) or do a super fight with another org which has similar ID restrictions to yours. Very often org's interests cross with fighter's interests - the org owner wants to get his main event booked without much effort and neglecting the fighter's interests like what has most likely happened at RFC, but you shouldn't be that org owner. Whenever I get such a joke fight at some org, I am accepting it cause I don't like rejecting fight offers, but once my contract is finished there is no way Id fight at the said org ever again.

• Upvote 4

Screenshot_2020-02-11_MMA_Tycoon_Mail1.p

yeah that`s after I got the ok from Jay , I sent you a contract as you asked. You declined it no big deal.

But 100% Jay confirmed , her is our email exchange:

Wasn`t accepting fight offers = stripped from title

Those are the facts.

yeah that`s after I got the ok from Jay , I sent you a contract as you asked. You declined it no big deal.

But 100% Jay confirmed , her is our email exchange:

Wasn`t accepting fight offers = stripped from title

Those are the facts.

But you are talking bollocks like always. Jay didnt boot me out of anywhere he asked me & i told him if that was the case then id leave.

I asked you for a contract to see if you was actually stupid enough to send one & hey oh you didnt disappoint.

Again you decide to talk for every org owner at 340k & are completely full of shit and just make yourself look even more stupid & at this point i really dont know how that is possible

• Upvote 3

I've had a couple that did Savage. So of the 1000 p4p had crazy high hype then it would be a good fight?

Everyone in this thread with half a brain knows if hype was closer the fight would be happening.

When camara says anything the best thing to do is believe 1% truth and 99% just take as horse shit because youll find hes a clown

We already know the guys a clown but if theres any doubt:

As far as i know theres 3 orgs at 340k

RFC

Underground

FARTMMA

So all 3 orgs are very tight so wont tolerate this & that would imply they had no interest in signing my fighter.

RFC i just left

Underground sent me a contract as did FARTMMA(both shown above) who btw is owned by Camara himself

Now either im going insane or they are not as tight as it seems and its Camara just talking his typical bullshit & coming unstuck again

• Upvote 3

Everyone in this thread with half a brain knows if hype was closer the fight would be happening.

When camara says anything the best thing to do is believe 1% truth and 99% just take as horse shit because youll find hes a clown

I clearly do not have half a brain. I would have never figured out why a sitting champ would decline that fight. Live and learn.

Btw ima offer anyone with hype and rank a contract but he will get hard fights if he declines i drop i do not hold fighters no matter how much i pay for em of they wnt fight then we put em on a flight with that said anyone need a contract lol

There is a difference between hard fights and "funny" fights. 55p4p vs 1kp4p is a funny fight.