Vlad The Impaler

bjornmma1

10922689_1067966723229409_14338083842514

Vlad The Impaler

written by Bjorn

I want to present to all of you one of the fighters in my stall I'm the most proud of. Vlad is an FA pick up of mine and I can't believe how lucky I was to pick him up. The minute I saw him in the FA list, I fell in love with the fighter. He has an unmatched chin and some great power as well. I looked at his previous managers and I saw three top notch managers. I knew enough. He might be an older fighter, but I guarantee you he is far from gone!

He lost his last three fights before he got released by his manager and I suppose many managers who saw that were thinking that he was on the downside of his career. I guess they were wrong .

Vlad was able to sign a contract at EVO and was ready to fight the best guys in the world. In his debut, he won a lopsided unanimous decision victory 27-30 . His second fight in the promotion was a tougher fight against a submission fighter. His opponent kept trying to submit Vlad, but he showed great defensive grappling and was able to get out of trouble each time.

That he didn't lose badly in his third fight surprised me. He was facing one of the best fighters in his weight class and only lost in a closely contested decision 29-28. Losing against Lance Templeton, a fighter managed by Dean Sutherland, is no catastrophy at all.

I was actually proud of Vlad's his performance and I'm sure he made a lot of fans in that fight.

After this close loss, he faced of against another top opponent , Oswaldo Sanchez . He is managed by Dirk Copeland , another top manager. I think the judges were drunk that night as they somehow scored it a draw.
After the fight I sat down with Vlad and the only thing he said was " Rematch! ". I contacted Dirk and he was ok with it. His fighter shared the same feeling.

About two weeks after their first fight, the two met again in the centre of the cage. This time around, Vlad had no intention to let it go to the judges. By executing a gameplan consisting of kickboxing and takedowns, he was getting the better of Sanchez before he was able to finish him later in round 2. Never lose your concentration in a fight!

" Sanchez looks up at the clock. Bad move! The Impaler lands a right hand from hell, dropping Sanchez. The Impaler pounces and finishes the fight with a flurry of punches and elbows. "

It was a nice way to end the fight, and Vlad told me he was happy to prove he still has what it takes. We will contact the owner of EVO soon to hear what potential fights he has in mind for Vlad. Don't count Vlad out yet. He will try to make one last run to the top.

His great fans will give him the confidence and willpower to achieve what nobody expected.

Watch out guys, a new Rocky story seems in the making!

• Upvote 4

• 5 weeks later...

After having had 5 fights at EVO, with only one being a loss, Vlad prepared himself for his next challenge. His opponent was ranked above him and is managed by a top veteran manager. Both Vlad and I like to go up against such guys. We knew that altough Merik Hunt has good KO-power, he also has a chin that can be caught.

Our aim was to turn this into a kickboxing style of fight, as Vlad has one hell of a chin and feels very comfortable trading with anyone in the world. The plan worked out and Vlad and Merik got into a good fight. They both mixed things up, but in the end, Vlad his power and chin were too much for his opponent.

First he unleashed a hook, that already rocked Merik, and he followed up with a huge headkick.

"Hunt gets hit by the mother of all head kicks and drops to the canvas in a crumpled heap! Woooow, the Internet is going to be talking about this one for weeks!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:13 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Head Kick). Vlad The Impaler!
In his post fight interview, Vlad The Impaler started talking himself up. Luckily his charisma kept the crowd on side and gave him a good reception."

Next fight ?

Being 36 years old, Vlad is still very motivated to make it to the elite of the elite. He'll accept any challenge from an elite fighter in his weight class. He wants to test himself against the real elite fighters, but knows as well that the hype loss those fighters could take by losing against him, will make it hard for him to get a fight against the elite already. That being said, if a top 15 fighter in his weight classes thinks he can beat him up, Vlad will be very fast to accept the challenge.

He actually told me that he is thinking of a ' Try to KO me challenge' , but that is still to be seen. The only fighters that would be allowed to take that challenge are also the top guys.

He might be older than most guys, but he feels as if he is in his prime. Too bad that hype plays an important factor in this sport, as he would otherwise even be willing to fight Bowser Stormcrow. But with the hype being a big factor, we realise that not many ( read as ' most likely nobody') would ever accept such a fight.

But if a top 10 opponent is interested in trying to beat Vlad up, send me a message please ;)

Your fighter doesn't have enough hype to call out a top10 yet. Keep up with the good work and you'll eventually get there. Good luck. :)

I know that his hype isn't close to the elite fighters, but I can only try right ... :) If such a fight would happen, Vlad might get a big aswhooping, but at least he will have had a fight with the elite of the elite. But to be honest, I'm not sure they would whoop his ass that easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beyond happy with how the fight went. UD victory for Vlad and he has propelled him straight into the elite part of the game. 81p4p

This is by far my biggest fighter manager accomplishment so far and I'm so damn happy, words can't even describe it!

I'm going back to EVO now with him, as that was talked about when agreeing to let me take this one fight somewhere else, but if Chev wants a rematch ( at EVO) , I'll give him that , as he has been so fucking amazing to accept my challenge in the first place. Hats of to him. He is one hell of a manager!

Check out the fight here

• Upvote 1

On ya mate - but next time I offer a contract the correct response is 'accept'. I know you're new to the game and all, but shit, c'mon rookie.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vlad his next opponent is Fantastic, the number two ranked guy in his weight class. Huge fight, huge challenge, huge win for Vlad? No, I'm 100%aware of the fact that this is a very hard fight and that I'm going up against an elite fighter with an elite manager. I'll give it my best shot and hopefully Vlad can surprise a few of you again :)

Fights like this is what I love :)

• 3 weeks later...