Why we got to wait so long for fights ?

Betrdanu

There are many reasons most orgs schedule fights way in advance, but here's just a few:

• Injuries and cuts from a previous fight can last 10+ days
  • Energy loss from a previous fight can last for a week
  • It gives you time to scout opponent a train to attack their weaknesses or defend against their strengths
  • Orgs try to fight everyone 1x per month and schedule fights at least 2-3 weeks out. There are simply too many fighters and not enough weekly events to fight more often.
  • Upvote 7

Yeah, that's not so long at all honestly. If you're getting a fight (and are able to do it lacking injuries, cuts, energy issues, etc.) in under 30 days or as often as even every 3 weeks, you're doing well.

The ones to watch out for are the orgs that offer a contract with a 30 or so day inactivity clause...then they wait until about 28-30 days have passed and offer you a fight that is another 2-3 weeks out. Essentially extending the inactivity with no fight to more in the line of 40-50 days + resetting the inactivity counter. Nothing pisses me off faster than that BS. I've gotten to the point where when I see that, I won't even say anything. I just fight out my contract now, with NO chance of resigning an extension. Not that that would bother any of them, my record lately has been complete shit and as such my fighters aren't bringing a ton of hype to the fight, so I have no leverage really, but whatever.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1