• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 MichioKaku

MichioKaku

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:12 AM

Lol MichioKaku, as I said everyone has the right to choose but, it appears that you are just rambling "miss contact with a bat?" are you actually comparing hitting a baseball traveling between 82 and 110 miles per hr with a 3 inch wide piece of wood to this debacle of a bunch of guys running at each and winging punches and hoping theirs connect better in the scrum? lmfao. Like I said dude, it is your right to like it or not. I myself do not. I haven't missed anything. I have been around since before the UFC. Way back to shoot wrestling. The thing you are missing is that it was 1 guy against another guy and may the best man win. No looking over your shoulder to see if his 4 buddies are coming. lol.

Rambling? I directly addressed your position on luck. Directly! Point, counter point. Its kinda how a discussion goes. So no, I am comparing luck versus skill that you brought up. You think this 5 v 5 is luck based. I simply stated all sports have an element of luck and gave examples. Examples are rambling?

And you specifically point out the first few moments as that luck. What buddies? its not 5 v 1 from the start you are going to one specific guy. Are you looking over your shoulder when everyone is coming towards each other? You would need some luck if you weren't even looking at the guy in front of you. And often in football there are 5 defenders around a receiver. Is that unfair? I mean he is having to look over his shoulder to see if his buddies are coming.

And baseball pitches are between 49 and 105.1. At least in the MLB. And these guys can tap out any time they want. If I were the last person standing against 5, I would be verbal tapping.

#22 MichioKaku

MichioKaku

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:33 AM

Man thats a tons different, in football you still watch the ball carrier the most and where the ball is flyng you have some seconds to see some good blocks and movements from defenders and wide receivers, in these brawl 5 vs 5 you really dont know where to look, and plus did you realize how much camera cutting there is??  5 seconds then they swap to the other, 5 seconds then to another etc etc, not to mention the camera cut from the above, so you can "watch" everybody, that is the most useless because you have to focus on 1 on 1 anyway, it feels liek you are  tryng to watch  5 monitors at the same time.

As i said, no problem with Team MMA , but 5 vs 5 MIGHT BE too much,  the match must be fun to see in real life though, very close to the ring, but from TV idk, too much camera cut and cant focus well,  it must be fun for the fighters  though, especially the nutter types.

I guess I have to put in the disclaimer that everyone has the right to choose before I state my side. Forgot to on my last posts, sorry.

I am glad I am not the only one who types liek. How do your eyes and brain know to watch "some good blocks and movements from defenders and wide receivers"? You are watching 10 lineman 2-4 receivers and those covering him all while watching to see if the QB stays in the pocket under pressure? How can you do that? I will answer... You brain looks at what it finds interesting. For this 5 v 5 thing, If 2 sets of the guys are on the ground grappling and 2 sets are in a clinch but that last set is pounding each other standing. Who are you going to look at? For me its the 2 fuckers wailing on each other but it may be different for you. You may like the guys clinching or the the ones going for a submission on the ground. You don't need to see every detail to enjoy the show just as you don't see every detail in football but you may enjoy it(I personally think its boring).

I personally watch events more than once and if this were done right I could watch it more than a 1 in 1 fight to see where things went wrong. Again I am speaking for what this could be, not what it is today.

#23 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:40 AM

I dont know the others, but in football i mostly watch  ball carrier and intended target, all the rest, like you said, are  2 hours of replays lol.

By the way, how many times you changed nickname already?

#24 MichioKaku

MichioKaku

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

I dont know the others, but in football i mostly watch  ball carrier and intended target, all the rest, like you said, are  2 hours of replays lol.

By the way, how many times you changed nickname already?

Well my nickname was my login by default which was not my in game name so I changed it to my in game name awhile back to avoid confusion once I made friends in game as they were nothing alike. So 1 time so they matched, well no spaced aloud so nearly matched.

May I ask why you ask?

#25 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

I don't mind it, it's pretty entertaining.. The Polish Team I've yet to see lose, they are monsters lol
Fedor will always be the Greatest P4P fighter to ever live.

Posted Image

#26 clydebankblitz

clydebankblitz

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

This thread made me realize that out of shape Russians are still beating people up in tag team fights in sandpits haha

Arrows MMA is awesome.

1428187949Logonew2.gif

MMA Tycoon's best age restricted organisation.

257k ID Restriction

25 Years Old and Above

#27 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

I don't mind it, it's pretty entertaining.. The Polish Team I've yet to see lose, they are monsters lol

They win just because there is no weightclass, they seems to be the bigger and taller guys, always, average weight  of opponents is around 90kg , the polish are over 100kg on average, they just truck theyr way to victory.

I saw a small dude outboxing a big ass polak  with a couple of good punches in the chin, he just ate them  all like a champ and proceeded to ground and pound the shit out of the smaller guy.

#28 pjrfin

pjrfin

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

I don't like that they are allowed to gang up on one opponent. Other than that, I guess it's sort of cool.

I would like it more if they would first pair up, and fight 1-on-1. Then the winners would wait aroud and see how their team mates do. If their team mate loses, one of the winners would step in. Rinse and repeat until one teams guys have all lost a fight.

#29 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

I don't like that they are allowed to gang up on one opponent. Other than that, I guess it's sort of cool.

I would like it more if they would first pair up, and fight 1-on-1. Then the winners would wait aroud and see how their team mates do. If their team mate loses, one of the winners would step in. Rinse and repeat until one teams guys have all lost a fight.

Sounds a lot better, but keep in mind these are the first "iteration" of this sport, the rules might changes in the future  to make it better, like every sport.

#30 CusDamato

CusDamato

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

Yeah this was my main problem watching it too. I like your idea way better.

#31 Paradigm

Paradigm

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 818 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

Haven't watched the vid in the OP yet but I'm wondering if it's anything like Harpastum.  One of the dudes in the video reminded me of Legionarius haha:

Events attended: UFC 79, 84, 86, 94, 100, 104, 108, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 121, 126, 132, 137, Fox 1, 141, 146, 148, Fox 4, 157, 162, 167, 168, 175, 178, 189, 199, 200, Affliction 1+2, SF: Diaz vs Daley

I wasn't the best because I killed quickly...I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd, and you'll win your freedom. - Antonius Proximo

1330425792BFTBANNER3.jpg

Proximo.jpg

#32 GiankaBonghi

GiankaBonghi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

Haven't watched the vid in the OP yet but I'm wondering if it's anything like Harpastum.  One of the dudes in the video reminded me of Legionarius haha:

Not Harpastum, very much different, but it take inspiration from it.

In the video they  are showing Florence Football, it is boring to watch if you dont know the rules and tactics, pretty much like the American Football, but once you understand everything and how it works, it start to be funny, and you understand why they do certain moves or  have a certain style of playng, in late years though it has become totall bullshit, players now only play in it for the sake of some fist fights, not to win or "play the game" anymore, lots of russians are coming in italy to play it.

#33 jacky67

jacky67

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

This.

Posted Image
Shiv get raped 3 times streak in the same night,and he still ask more.
Worst beatdown ever Snake the pendulum vs Phil Ivey :50-42 .
20:42 Sniper1 i would love to see silva lose,he is like jacky
20:42 Sniper1 to me, they are pretty much the same:the goat.

#34 khaled

khaled

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

after few years Mma it's gonna be a wel paid sport even better Dan boxing, Mark my words and u shall see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MMA, Boxing, Brawl, Thug, Gang, Violence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users