Do any Christians play MMaTycoon

I just don't want anyone getting offended, by my ques. That's why I left the ques. general. I am here to play a game, but was looking for people with common interests or beliefs and there wasn't any other way of finding out. I didn't want to spark a debate, but when ever you bring up religion it is a hot topic. My intentions weren't to offend, just to find out if anyone wanted to join in an alliance.

I don't think you offended anyone, certainly not me.

You sound like a very good dude actually, not hopping onto the provocation.

Good luck in forming your alliance. :)

Wow, Grasman - I have to say I'm surprised at how passionate you are about being anti-Christian. You went way off base, man. I have nothing but respect for you as a fellow-Tycooner, but damn. OP simply stated he was a Christian, and you proceeded to blast Christians as ignorant, pathetic, followers. As a Christian myself, I'm amazed at the near-hatred thrown out. I just don't get it. Why does having faith in something we cannot "prove" equate to ignorance? Can we let people believe whatever they want and not ridicule them for it? Thanks.

• Upvote 4

Wow, Grasman - I have to say I'm surprised at how passionate you are about being anti-Christian. You went way off base, man. I have nothing but respect for you as a fellow-Tycooner, but damn. OP simply stated he was a Christian, and you proceeded to blast Christians as ignorant, pathetic, followers. As a Christian myself, I'm amazed at the near-hatred thrown out. I just don't get it. Why does having faith in something we cannot "prove" equate to ignorance? Can we let people believe whatever they want and not ridicule them for it? Thanks.

Whoaa there bud, hold your horses.

I was Christened and Confirmed before my brain was fully developed, as most Christians are.

So, i'm closer to be Christian than anything else, at least in "name".

However, when you grow up and start to be able to add a few things together, you start to understand why religion is there in the first place and why people follow it blindly.

I have about as much "hatred" for fanatical Christians as they have for homosexuals and others that don't fit their own perfect picture... hence, no hatred, more sort of pity, i feel for them to wast their lives on this, to have this control their lives. I have no problem whatsoever with people believing what ever they want, whether it is Allah, God, Jesus or a flying spaghetti monster... i could not care less....

But, when this sector of society is starting to force its way into schools, teaching this imaginary stuff to kids as facts, in the form of Creationism, things get a bit twitchy. Same goes when the same sector tries to ban shit based on their faith......

Education needs to be based on facts, not fiction.

Personally i agree with a couple of posters here, wishing to keep religious segregation out of Tycoon.

But if someone want to ally themselves with whoever, thats not really my business at all...

Sorry if I hurt your feelings man, that wasn't my intention.

• Upvote 2

I have no problem whatsoever with people believing what ever they want, whether it is Allah, God, Jesus or a flying spaghetti monster...

I am a Christian as well, but had to post this image when I read the words "flying spaghetti monster" hah...

http://michoacano.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/flying-spaghetti-monster.png

• Upvote 4

I am just looking and asking for guys to be in an Alliance with . I should just join an alliance that already exists. That's if they'll take a crazy Christian Guy LOL:)

I m not really crazy just tryin' to lighten the mood.

I m not really crazy just tryin' to lighten the mood.

I get where you're coming from. Some people just look for things to get excited about.

Anyone who believes something by the word is a fanatic to me.

As an atheist myself, i can't help but to worry more about people judging and looking down to religious people with some kind of real passion lol, no offense bud. While the country i live in is kinda known as traditional christian, the relation to the bible is kinda "soft" somehow, widely regarded as... well the word of god trough mankind with strong emphasis on mankind and by that as a document of its time. Anyways, my intention is not to start a discussion here now and i think we all agree there... but i guess we also all agree in "live and let live".

• Upvote 1

The forum is much more fun when people get excited about something. ;)

I agree with you 100%. Its fun to read people's opinions on various topics.

• Upvote 1

As an atheist myself, i can't help but to worry more about people judging and looking down to religious people with some kind of real passion lol, no offense bud. While the country i live in is kinda known as traditional christian, the relation to the bible is kinda "soft" somehow, widely regarded as... well the word of god trough mankind with strong emphasis on mankind and by that as a document of its time. Anyways, my intention is not to start a discussion here now and i think we all agree there... but i guess we also all agree in "live and let live".

Heyyyy... the fanatical religious, press forward with the passion of Christ behind them.....

Someone needs to counter that passion....... it's damn hard though to make it look like you have passion for something you don't really have passion for at all.

Looks like it fooled someone though :)

The guy just asking a simple question. I am not a christian but I would have no problem with him having an alliance for that particular type of religion. I wouldn't think it's religious segregation. Go for it, and hopefully there's people who will join you.

One thing is certain... religion is one of those topics that's very polarizing. We can definitely see that with just how this thread has evolved.

• Upvote 1

I believe in the whole Bible.

Oh dear. Talking donkeys and everything?

Reality loves you!

I don't think there's anything unfair about responding to superstitious nonsense. Religionists expect us to take them seriously and demand an undeserved respect, but their beliefs are Stone-Age and contrary to evidence that they simply pretend not to hear. The people who join in saying "live and let live" or "let's have respect for each other's beliefs" are part of the problem. The human race needs to move on.

Notice how the OP is keen to point out how he has no agenda to push religious dogma, yet, sure enough he "responds" to Grasman by spewing bible verses in his second post. Just like the sick man vomits, the diseased mind of the religionists hurls out the bible quotes. Actual learning and debate mean nothing to them because they know it all already. Such authority they find in that old book, they no longer bother to think.

Compare that to Mannetosen, who has the advantage of a truly open mind and responds directly to what Grasman actually said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

One thing is certain... religion is one of those topics that's very polarizing. We can definitely see that with just how this thread has evolved.

Polarizing opinions for sure, as well as one of the rare topics where people feel the need to push thier opinions on others - and it goes both ways. What I find even funnier (or more ironic) is that the ones who push opinions the most are the ones who are most upset that the other side is pushing thier opinions. haha

• Upvote 1

alliance of Christians, you may mean no harm, but religious segregation has no place here.

Yet national segregation is? FinnFighters etc, nationalism is just another form of segregation. It was made by people who drew fancy lines on maps and marked their territory. You can be as proud as your religion as much as you want to be proud as your nationality. He may just want an alliance with people who believe in the same thing he does, a common ground shared between them in order to start up a conversation and make friends. Same way being in an alliance with your fellow countrymen, you can talk about current events happening in your country.

I blank quoted you just to say and warn people of you. Mannetosen is pretty much a religious fountain of knowledge, i have debated with him numerous times on chat and his knowledge in the subject is second to none. Pretty much just take what he says as gospel on the subject and move on.

• Upvote 1

I blank quoted you just to say and warn people of you. Mannetosen is pretty much a religious fountain of knowledge, i have debated with him numerous times on chat and his knowledge in the subject is second to none. Pretty much just take what he says as gospel on the subject and move on.

I agree. Saw it many times. :D