ITFL Season 2 Preview: Team Kaiser

j666

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1361817591itfl2.png

INTERNATIONAL TEAM FIGHTING LEAGUE

Team Kaiser

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02500/londonview_2500920b.jpg

*I hadn't been to London in quite some time. I never liked it there much, just not my sort of place. Dean Sutherland insisted that I meet him, along with Roger Kint, out there and sent his private jet. As I flew out, I contacted Manuel Tosen and set up a meeting down in Rio directly after this flight to London. I loved the the sun, beach, the tropical areas and London was none of those things. I knew that I was going to want to hit a beach as soon as I left the UK.

I arrived in London, much to my dismay. Surprisingly, Vitali Kersikov picked me up, and he did it in style with a beautiful custom Bentley.*

http://www.carid.com/images/asanti/wheels/asanti-afc403-custom-painted-bentley-continental-gt.jpg

Reporter: "This your ride or a rental?"

Kersikov:...*grunts and throws bags in the trunk*...

Reporter: "..."

*Kersikov did not look happy. He didn't say a word the entire drive. I couldn't blame him though, I hated it here also. We drove through London and arrived at a run down building that looked like a gym. Finally, Kersikov spoke...*

Reporter: "What is this place?"

Kersikov: "Old Don Frye Fight Club. Abandoned by the fight team most 1 year ago. No one takes care of anymore. Let's go..."...*reaches for the trunk*...

Reporter: "So how ya been?"

Kersikov: "Good."

Reporter: "You like the ITFL format?"

Kersikov: "Yes...i am due to get a few fights under my belt now. It will either make me or break me. I am hoping that i win and win with style."

Reporter: "You seem like a stylish dude."

Kersikov: "As a child in poor area of Ukraine, we had rough life, our entire Kersikov clan. My brother, Vlad, he is wanted in 3 different country. We are all banned from Helsinki after the EPL bust up."...*grabs the bags*...

Reporter: "That's crazy! So what led you to London?"

Kersikov: "I have been cleared of all charges. Come, let's go inside..."

Reporter: "Charges? So you were here before?"

Kersikov: "Yes..."

Reporter: "So what happened?"

Kersikov: "Was huge nightclub fight. After the smoke clear, there were 5 people dead. We had to flee the country very quickly. Come, let's go inside..."

Reporter:...*walking*..."So is there anyone you're not looking forward to facing, manager or fighter?"

Kersikov: "No one...I don't really fear anyone or anyone in this league. I think all are good fighters but it's my time to shine."

Reporter: "Yeah...so why do you feel it's your time to shine? Anything in particular?"

Kersikov:...*opens the door*..."I want more than anyone else. I have had to watch Kersikov after Kersikov dominate fights. Now it is my time to do so. To follow in Marko and Vlad's footstep and become a top fighter in the world."

*We walked into the once great gym and it was an absolute wreck. Busted up windows, dirt and broken glass all over the ground. Ripped up posters and broken brick on the walls...two run dilapidated rings and 1 cage. I don't have any idea why Dean wanted to meet here. Maybe it was to torture me and make my stay in London that much worse, just because he knows I hate London...bastard.

Vitali made his way over to the stairs. Before he went up, he looked back at me, as if to tell me to follow. I waited a few seconds and then followed up the stairs. We got upstairs and after the Steel Penn incident, and the secret room in Chicago, I half expected it be some immaculate suite completely opposite of the downstairs...but I was mistaken, it was just as beaten down upstirs as well. Time had not been kind to the vacated Don Frye Fight Club.

Dean was standing by the window, looking out over the city. Kersikov went to him and mumbled, Roger Kint flipped through a magazine as he sat in a crusty chair off to the side of the room.*

Reporter: "Alright Dean, let's get this over with so I can get out of this god forsaken city."

Sutherland: "Oh really? Where to next then? Where is it you would rather be?"

Reporter: "Well, I'm gonna meet Manuel and Ethan out in Rio right after this and those sunny beaches are callin' my name, so let's get to it, huh?"

Sutherland:...*looks over to Kint*..."Rio, eh? Why are we here then? Let's just go to Rio?"

Kint: "Sounds good to me, mate."...*gets out of the chair*...

Kersikov: "I love beaches..."

Sutherland:...*laughs*..."Me too, Vitali...me too."

*We all laugh and left the decrepit builing. I never did get to ask Dean why he wanted to meet there. I was too busy thinking about how long it had been since I was in Rio. On the way to the airport, I called Captain Lou and set up a meeting over at TFP Graphics while I was there. I hadn't seen Lou in quite a while either. I asked where Kenta Kobashi was and Roger told me that he doesn't like to fly. He assured me an interview at a later date. I was glad to hear that, Kenta is now 9-0 and definitely interview worthy.

We boarded the plane and after a few drinks, I sat with Dean and Roger. Vitali slept on the bench seats towards the back of the plane. A server brought us something to eat and we began to talk...*

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/images/2008/04/21/ocean.jpg

Reporter: "So what got you guys interested in the ITFL?"

Kint: "My store KAISER took part in Season One already and i also did the ITFL artwork. In the preparation time, Sean contacted me and I was in love with the idea right away, especially because I knew he had the network, the motivation to fill the league with elite managers and the ability to make it unique.

As the underdog team, KAISER pulled off an upset and faced the favorite, Team Reaper in the final. So, long story short...I can't let the opportunity slip away and this time, I will take part in it not as team captain but with one of my fighters, a position I feel a lot more comfortable with."

Sutherland: "I got asked to do it as a favor to Mr Kint here. Since he and I go way back, i decided to do it. Besides, Team Kaiser already has two of my Convicted buddies in it, Ethan and Manuel so i thought we would have a good shot at winning."

Reporter: "How would you describe the team?"

Sutherland:...*smiles*..."A merry band of men?"...*takes a drink*...

Kint:...*laughs*..."Indeed we are. I'd say...elite...plus, Roger Kint!"...*laughs*..."Ethan brings the tournament karma..."

Reporter: "Yeah, JBomb said that Ethan is 'the greatest tournament manager to ever walk the Earth.'..."

Kint: "Exactly! We also got Manuel Tosen, Dean 'The Buzz' and keep an eye on Hunter Jones, a man with scientifical approach who is about to break into the elite echelon with his new generation of fighters. I don't have the reputation these guys have, but I'm on my way up and have the confidence to survive on this level...and to maybe pull off a few upsets along the way, mate."

Reporter: "Where is Hunter anyway?"

Sutherland: "Being a scientist! Hahaha! He's in the lab with his fighters, cooking up some glorious shit for the MMA masses!"...*laughs*...

Reporter: "Is there any fighter in this thing that you guys don't want to face? Anyone that scares ya a bit?"

Kint: "I'm not really scared and I'd love to get a shot at him, but without any research, Matt Cave looks ultra impressive this year and his boy Colin Croft has the potential to have his big breakout in this tournament.

We do need to see more of him though, he's just 1-0-0, so far."

Sutherland: "Vitali! He is a scary mofo with good power and a great chin. He's been sitting, brewing...waiting for this chance. Now it's finally here for him. I'm still hungry...anyone else stillhungry?"...*asks the stewardess to get the big meals ready*...

Kersikov: "Yes!"

Kint: "Sure, I could eat more!"

Reporter: "I'm good. Anyways...what about managers? Anyone there that you guys aren't really looking forward to facing?"

Kint: "ITFL's Season 2 is a chance to step up for me, so the more reputation the opponent's manager has, the better. I'm a quite boring "can't we all just get along" guy, so I say Stu Pidasol, because I suck at talking trash...big time, and I can't even fuck with that crazy Aussie there, mate."

Sutherland: "I would say Sean McDonnel. I'm fed up with losing to that guy."

Reporter: "Alright, I need a nap soon, hahaha! One last question, why is Team Kaiser going to dominate Season 2?"

Sutherland:...*takes a drink*..."Because we have the best fighters in the league. We shall cherry pick and win! Its the Convicted way! The boys from Evo will do there thing also but the boys from Convicted are gonna cherry pick there way to victory! Hahaha!"...*walks to the front of the plane*...

Reporter: "Not sure who Evo is, and that's sarcastically redundant, but whatever...Kint?"

Kint: "Easy...we have the looks, the karma, the slider fu, the badass projects and the manly facial hair for that type of domination. Simple as that, mate. Now let's have a drink while we wait for the food huh?"

Reporter: "Absolutely..."

*We had a couple of glasses of Cognac and then our meal. I'm not sure what it was, some type of meat from the baby version of whatever animal it was...absolutely delicious. I had a couple more drinks as I talked to Kint about Kobashi. Once we decided that Kobashi would have to be a separate interview at some point, I decided to take a nap because we were going to be landing in Rio soon, and there's no sleeping allowed in Rio...especially when Manuel Tosen is around.*

to be continued...

• Upvote 5

*The water that hit my face was ice cold but it did what it was intended to do, wake me up. I don't know what happened but as I came to, I felt a familiar coziness to the room. Suddenly, I realized I was in my apartment back in Las Vegas. What? How could this be? Just yesterday I was landing in Rio De Janeiro and meeting with Manuel Tosen and Ethan Downs on the sun slathered Copacabana Beach!*

http://cdn1.rio.com/wp-content/uploads/Copacabana-Beach.jpg

*As I lay on my couch, I tried opening my eyes but they were so sore, how long had I been out cold? Before the initial shock wore off, I started to recall bits and pieces of my Rio trip...beautiful women in seashell thongs, fancy drinks, a dance club...dancing! That's right, we met with Manuel Tosen on Copacabana Beach, ugh...he was in a purple speedo and some sunglasses. His chest hair while magnificent, was distracting to say the least. Why did I have to remember that?

What else...what else was there...?...Danza Kudero and Jan Paulsen. We met up with Downs at a nightclub somewhere...somewhere off the beaten path. JBomb warned me about the weirdness that exudes from Tosen and I followed his advice the best I could. Lance Templeton and Billy Blanks? Oh, yes, Tosen explained to me about Templeton's less than stellar rise to MMA glory. Something about him being 500 lbs and watching Golden Girls re-runs. I guess he saw a Billy Blanks video, joined a Tae Bo class that was run by a young Luke Cage and now we're here...I chuckled to myself and opened by eyes.

http://www.dvdzap.ca/dvd-imgs/2590d0/billy-blanks-tae-bo-flex-pochette-avant.jpg

I heard voices from my kitchen and I groaned as I sat up. Everything was hazy and my head was killing me. I needed water, or Pedialyte...or an I.V. of Starbucks. To my surprise, Gonzaitev came walking around the corner with a cup of coffee and 2 pills. He handed them to me, I took a sip and swallowed the pills. He sat across from me on an ottoman and leaned forward.*

Gonzaitev: "Are you...ok? Tell me you're ok?"

Reporter: "I'm fine, man...the fuck are you doing here? The fuck happened? Why am I..."

Gonzaitev: "Just take it easy for a minute and drink the coffee, let the pills kick in."

Reporter: "What...what did you just give me?"

Gonzaitev: "A breakthrough chemical in pill form. It enhances the synaptic pulse and response, increasing brain cell recovery and regeneration. It can also increase memory, intelligence and beta blockers while inhibiting depression excessive dopamine production. Cutting edge stuff even though it is not clinically tested. I believe you are one of 4 people on this planet that have it."

Reporter: "What the fuck are you..."

Gonzaitev: "Look, I was paid by an unknown source to make sure you made it out of Rio alive and back to the states in one piece. They told me that you may be carrying some intense medical breakthrough but they weren't sure who you were holding it for or who you're selling it to. I just went with the flow although I admit, I had to be a bit creative while getting you through customs...I'm not proud of some of it by any means, but I accomplished my task. So...are you ok?"

Reporter: "Are you fucking serious!? I'm a...mule?"

Gonzaitev: "Well, if you want to see it negatively like that, yes. What do you remember about Rio?"

*I looked down and closed my eyes as hard as I could, shaking my head, trying to get the cobwebs out...suddenly, another flashback. I was in a nightclub with Lance Templeton and Manuel Tosen. Ethan Downs and Conan Drogo as talking to a woman at the bar and Joe Rogan was yelling out to him trying to tell him to watch out for any tranny's. George Michael was there...why though?...I stumbled through my brain...Lance Templeton loves WHAM!...that's it.

http://www.gusworld.com.au/music/wham/wham.gif

Tosen had flown Michael as a gift to Templeton.

There was a scuffle...it was...I don't remember his full name but Tosen called him 'Humors'. He was getting assaulted by 2 men in sequined suits and pompadors. 2 women with fruit baskets on their heads?...and a donkey? There was a huge ruckus and Tosen went over jumping up and down, trying to help the Humors guy but he couldn't get close enough. It went to the street but I don't remember anything other than that. I explained all of this to Gonzaitev...*

Gonzaitev: "Wow...that's crazy. Anything else? Anyone approaching you about drugs or offering a courier position?"

Reporter: "No...I...Tosen introduced me to Norwegian stylist...Jan Thomas, I think? Steven Seagal came to the table with Anderson Silva and a couple of girls but no one approached me. Ugh...Templeton told me about a fall he had while looking at himself flexing in the mirror. Kudero then gave him a massage and a...spongebath...I guess, saving his life? Jesus...what the fuck is with these guys?...I remember going back to the beach...no, a different beach this time. It was way more secluded...it was Tosen's house.

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2008/08/31/1220169782017_371.jpg

We were in the living room and he had a huge picture of Mr. Crisse hanging above the fake fireplace. He walked to it, stared for a minute and told me that all things are possible through Mr. Crisse...and that Crisse was the one that got him involved in the ITFL.

Danza Kudero and Jan Paulsen started arm wrestling, Ethan Downs was checking his laptop, Templeton was asking Michael a series of WHAM! related trivia questions...Michael looked annoyed. Let's see...I asked about Hunter Jones. I think Downs said 'tomorrow...' and then went back to his laptop...did I see Hunter Jones?"

Gonzaitev:...*up and pacing*..."I don't know. Look, I'm not even sure if we're safe here. Do you have another place we can go?"

*I just tuned him out, shook my head and explored my brain. I really felt like I was travelling through my memory banks, seeing different pieces of my life as if it were some sort of playback, or movie. Was this drug real? Was it working? Was I really becoming...smarter? I remembered more...

It was sunny so it must have been the following morning. The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building...we went to New York City? Oh, Hunter's Hideout is in NYC and we must have visited him. I recalled the gym, it was very lab-like, as Sutherland had said before. It was super high-tech...I saw wires and machines everywhere, scientists running around crunching numbers and discussing levels, fighters hooked into various apparati...the memories were intense.

We were in an office, I think the gym's office and I sat across from Jones, he was talking and I was holding...*

Reporter:...*eyes open wide*..."My recorder!"

*I rushed to my bags across the room and fumbled through them. While trying to find my recorder, I came across my usual travel items but also found a bunch of weird things like a poker chip, a copy of Hard To Kill on DVD that was signed by Seagal and Silva, a business card from Jan Thomas, some thong underwear and a toothbrush that looked like it could double as a dildo. What the hell happened?...ugh...I finally found my recorder, hit play and it was Jones...whew...at least I had something from this horrendous trip.*

Reporter:...*sits back on the couch*..."I'm never going to fuckin' Rio again."

Gonzaitev: "Hit play and see what's on it."

Reporter: "It's an interview with Jones..."

Gonzaitev: "Maybe there's more...we should listen..."

Reporter: "What, like clues? This ain't Scooby-Doo..."

Gonzaitev: "Yeah? Do you even know what day it is? You've been..."

Reporter:...*checks cell phone*..."Hold up...are you telling me I've been out for over a week? What the fuck!?"...*stands up*...

Gonzaitev: "Calm down...you haven't been out a week, you have memories of being awake, remember? BUT...whatever you took, it had you out so bad that you've almost forgotten everything...hence the pill I gave you."

Reporter:...*sits back down*..."What is going on here!? AAAAAAAARGH!"

Gonzaitev: "I know we should probably leave but we need to hear that tape."

Reporter: "It's not tape, it's digital...live in the now..."

Gonzaitev: "You know what I mean...besides, you don't even know what the now is."

Reporter: "Alright, man..."...*plugs recorder into laptop, opens the player skips the introductions*...

Reporter: "So Hunter, what interested you in the ITFL?"

Jones: "I've been in this business for about 3 years now and nobody knows who the fuck I am. it's time to step out of the cave and shine...it's time to shine!"

Reporter: "Describe Team Kaiser for me..."

Jones: "How do you describe awesome? We're winning this for sure."

Reporter: "Is there any fighter that you fear in this thing? Any fighter you're really kind of looking at and shaking your head?"

Jones: "Colin Croft, the dude is trained as hell...at least from what we see on film. Let's just hope he sucks at something we haven't seen on the scouting tapes, huh?"...*laughs*...

Reporter: "Why is Team Kaiser going to win?"

Jones: "The range of people with big time experience and some damn good fighters. Just look at that roster...MAGNIFICENT!"

Reporter: "Tell me about 'The Demon Hunter'..."

Jones: "Joseph comes from a Romania. He lived there as a demon hunter seeking out strange beings and possessed people. In his early years, he perfected the exorcist ritual. Nothing was more effective than to physically beat the demon out of somebody. He was so good at this, that when he learned he could actually make a small fortune fighting for money, he had to try it."

Reporter: "Interesting story...can I speak with him?"

Jones: "Sure...make it quick though, and excuse his English, it isn't very great."...*calls for Shoznes*...

...*a few minutes later we here Shoznes enter the room and take a chair*...

Reporter: "Joseph, nice to meet you. I'll try and make it fast so you can get back to training. First question...is there any ITFL fighter that scares you at all?"

Shoznes: "Bah I am demon hunter...I face nothing but danger every day. If Devil no scare me, cage fighting no scare me."

Reporter: "Second question, why are you going to dominate ITFL?"

Shoznes: "Why this silly question, you no see Joseph muscles? You no see why 1 punch will break you in half!? Most of the tournament men, small and skinny. I kick them once... it is over."

Reporter: "Okaaaay...that was good. Thanks for having me and..."

Jones:..."Who are these guys? They're not supposed to be here."...*the chair shuffles across the floor and Jones is calling for security in the background*...

*Apparently, I had turned off the recorder at that point because there was nothing left. We listened on for another minute or so, then fast forwarded to see if anything was there but there wasn't. Gonzaitev looked as perplexed as I felt. I started to recall some more...

We were back in Rio at Tosen's house again. Manuel was fixing me a drink and Sutherland and Kint were there this time. Ethan Downs was present as was Kudero, Kersikov, Paulsen and Jan Thomas. Thomas was showing Sutherland and Kudero something but I couldn't make it out. Templeton walked in with a poker set and suggested a game, following him was George Michael who...was brushing his teeth with the same dildo toothbrush I had in my bag!

We were in the middle of a poker game when Seagal and Silva came walking in with Kersikov. They had a box and Seagal said it's CD's and DVD's, asking for a Sharpie...everyone was drunk and excited.

http://www.lutabr.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Anderson-Silva-and-Steven-Seagal-UFC-117.jpg

Now we were back in downtown Rio and that Humors guy was causing another ruckus. Again a scuffle broke out but it was a much larger one this time. Tosen runs over tome and starts yelling at me, telling me to go behind the building. He's telling me to make sure I get in ouch with Paulsen as soon as possible.

As I round the corner of the building, a man bumps into me. He looks bloody and beaten...he tells me something and then runs away. I watch for a moment then hear sirens so I begin to run. I tripped and fell, a man walks up, he's in a suit...*

Reporter: "Hey, you think that has something to do with the pills?"

Gonzaitev:...*smiles..."No..."

Reporter:...*confused*..."What? Why not? What are you smiling for?"

Gonzaitev:...*stands up*..."We were just fuckin' with you...I gave you 2 Aleve for your headache."...*laughs*...

Reporter: "What? We? We who?"

*I hear laughing from my bathroom and JBomb, Manuel Tosen and Ethan Downs come walking out...laughing hysterically.*

Reporter: "What the fuck!?"

JBomb:...*stops laughing*..."Aw man...I told you to watch yourself down there, right?"

Reporter: "Yeah...what does that have to do with..."

Tosen: "You didn't watch your drink and Humors fucking roofied your ass! He did it to a few others and someone found out. They called security on him before Me and Paulsen could get to him...lucky little bastard. It was some high-grade shit, too. You were out of it for quite a while. I tell ya what, though...you sure as hell livened up after that! You're one crazy ass sunuvabitch! HAHAHA! I ended up calling JBomb to see what to do with ya 'cause everytime you seemed to be sobering, you'd get trashed out again! J and I saw a perfect opp for a great practical joke, man. Sorry...it had to be done!"

*Everyone laughed and once I got into the shower and had a chance to calm down a bit, I couldn't help but chuckle myself. Gonzaitev was very convincing and being that messed up, I guess I was very pliable...damn that Humors...*

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...