What are the best Fighter builds

dvjmw

This post is in response to a JLP's post in the Slider FU Thread. After writing this I thought it would be interesting to get the tycoon communities thoughts. I know there is a thread discussing this from a while ago (not sure how long but with changes in game was curious if fighter builds changed)

JLP, now I know why my best fighters are free agents........I didn't build them.

Would you be willing to educate me on how to build a fighter properly?

Here is my most recent project. He was created Jan. 28th His Hiddens at creation I ticked were KO power, Granite Chin, and fast learner. He is a fast learner he popped from Useless -- to Abysmal after 2 1 on 1 elite sessions. I was going for a MT base. Thoughts........

http://i60.tinypic.com/t64cpv.jpg

• Upvote 1

Like I said in the other thread, your build is a lot like mine so I hope I am doing the right thing too.

My idea was Knees sessions seem to be one of the more pain in the ass sessions to get 1 on 1 so I did 110 in that as well. Punching technique and striking defense always have multiple trainers in gyms.

This post is in response to a JLP's post in the Slider FU Thread. After writing this I thought it would be interesting to get the tycoon communities thoughts. I know there is a thread discussing this from a while ago (not sure how long but with changes in game was curious if fighter builds changed)

JLP, now I know why my best fighters are free agents........I didn't build them.

Would you be willing to educate me on how to build a fighter properly?

Here is my most recent project. He was created Jan. 28th His Hiddens at creation I ticked were KO power, Granite Chin, and fast learner. He is a fast learner he popped from Useless -- to Abysmal after 2 1 on 1 elite sessions. I was going for a MT base. Thoughts........

http://i60.tinypic.com/t64cpv.jpg

would probably ditch knees or elbows even if you want a MT guy, but to each their own. Easiest thing to do would be hire a MT/BOX elite coach and train punches and striking d up to a 12. Then you can move on to your wrestling/bjj secondaries or go back and get kicks and stuff up higher

Yeah, I believe he was referring to capped fighters who's points have been spread out too much and are forever stuck with wonderful takedown defense and too many points in elbows AND knees.

That a very bad build if you what to fight anytime soon .If you build up his striking defense and physicals he be a good k1/kt fighter but he be a useless mma fighter .

Definitely a project fighter, at least mine are. No way he should see action until all his secondaries are rounded up.

I don't have a current project to show you a picture but I've tried a few things and I like Chin, KO power, Heart with 12 wrestling, punches, striking defense, take-downs. Train up boxing, defense grap, and GnP to quickly get a solid fighter. Add transitions, kicks and clinch once you get everything to a decent level.

Well my pure BJJ fighters have been the best for me thus far.

That wont work when you get to the mid high level.This guys it a great example http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=228880 .It going to be also impossible to get takedowns and when you do it also impossible to keep the fight on the ground .I suggest ditch the bjj and start training something else.It good for a back up and defense but that about it.

If I want to fight an 18 year old, I make a boxer, maxed punches, striking defense, and takedown defense. Simple, to the point and gives him the ability to win fights right away. Then I circuit train like crazy, mixing in defensive grappling and Clinchwork. Muay Thai build would be the same way, but replace kicks for punches and train the rest up later. But like I said, that's only if you want to fight right out of the gate.

• Upvote 3

Well my pure BJJ fighters have been the best for me thus far.

:o You have 3 fighters with fights and they are all white belts?

Also, this is the way to go:

If I want to fight an 18 year old, I make a boxer, maxed punches, striking defense, and takedown defense. Simple, to the point and gives him the ability to win fights right away. Then I circuit train like crazy, mixing in defensive grappling and Clinchwork. Muay Thai build would be the same way, but replace kicks for punches and train the rest up later. But like I said, that's only if you want to fight right out of the gate.

Right now you need to do Striking Defense with Takedown Defense, nothing else, not even defensive grappling. Don't forget some sparring to develop primaries. Rely on your TDD for now, since defensive grappling is not worthy for you now (Opponent takes you down and sooner or later beats the crap out of you). Also, don't forget that Balance gives a big boost at defending takedowns as well. If you're fighting against a wrestler or a BJJ fighter, get him in the clinch ASAP (lots of low kicks on the outside and try to clinch). At this early stage of your fighter's career fighters are relying a lot on their base - it is rare to find a BJJ or Wrestling with good clinchwork in the beggining, since they usually either go with developing their ground game even more or they start training Punches/Kicks for fighting on the outside.

Why you need to get into clinch with them even though you have good kicks?

1. You've got good knees, and that's a deadly weapon to use if they're high level.

2. Remember, they're not good in the clinch. When they go for a TD from clinch, they have to have high TD off AND CLINCHWORK! With you having very good clinchwork, it will be even harder for the to get a TD especially with a good TDD and Balance!

Against a striker, use your kicks (lots of low kicks, they decrease his agility) and go for about 3-5% Clinching :) Low kicks are your key against strikers :)

• Downvote 3

That wont work when you get to the mid high level.This guys it a great example http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=228880 .It going to be also impossible to get takedowns and when you do it also impossible to keep the fight on the ground .I suggest ditch the bjj and start training something else.It good for a back up and defense but that about it.

fighter linked here is an example of a very bad build. Spamming TD's with no strikes makes them horribly ineffective. The fighter will be behind on energy very quick and get mauled. If he doesnt get a td in the first minute or two he is going to get smashed every time.

fighter linked here is an example of a very bad build. Spamming TD's with no strikes makes them horribly ineffective. The fighter will be behind on energy very quick and get mauled. If he doesnt get a td in the first minute or two he is going to get smashed every time.

One reason why I hate my ground fighters. Sliders are so sensitive on takedowns

That why i posted him here as a example of what not to do :yes: .Which counter takedowns being less powerful and reg stand ups more often no since the engine changes a pure ground fighter is a big no no.Like i said it better to have bjj as a back up and denfensive proposes that it being your main attack

That why i posted him here as a example of what not to do :yes: .Which counter takedowns being less powerful and reg stand ups more often no since the engine changes a pure ground fighter is a big no no.Like i said it better to have bjj as a back up and denfensive proposes that it being your main attack

yeah glad I started on my ground and pounder wrestler a while back :weeping:

Clinching with a guy that wants to clinch and take you down. Yeah that's some bad advice.

I really know what I'm talking about. And believe me, clinching helps.

When a Wrestler goes for a TD in clinch, the system takes a look at his TD offense and Clinchwork, as wellas wrestling and physicals. If you predict that your opponent has, for example, Feeble (2) Clinchwork, and you have like Superb (10) Clinchwork you have clinch with him. Since he has low clinchwork, and you clinchwork is higher, it will reduce his chance of getting a TD.

While on the outside, the system only takes a look at TD off, Wrestling and physicals. So if he has Wonderful (12) TD off, Wonderful (12) Wrestling and lets say Superb (10) Speed, but Useless (1) Clinchwork, he will have a much bigger chance to get a Succesful TD from the outside than from clinch. That's why if you have some dirty boxing skills you keep the Wrestler with bad Clinchwork in the Clinch.

• Downvote 1

The whole point was you don't want to clinch with someone who WANTS to clinch with your and take you down. If they want to clinch with you then they probably have a decent clinch game. In higher level fights everyone has clinchwork so you point doesn't really hold up anymore. You can still have guard pulled on you as well which can only happen in clinch.

When I build my fighters I usually build 110 in Boxing, 1 in BJJ and 1 MT and Wrestling get the rest- 110 Punches, 110 SD, 110 TDD, and 110 Clinch, and 1's in everything else (8 in kicks left over points) My physicals are 53 in agility 52 in speed, 1 in balance, strength, and Flex. and 84 in Conditioning.

I wanted to do something different with my project in my post.

Also now that I look at it, should i put more in balance initially. ie swap speed and balance?