NY Fight Nights

bjornmma1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/144688237210gd6xc.jpg

Follow the buzz-page of NY Fight Nights now and be able to follow all of our updates on here in the future. This page will be used in the future to announce big new signings, but also to give some short news and on top of that, to give away freebies! Follow us now and see our growth in the future. Loyal managers get rewarded!

Follow us by clicking here and press 'follow' .

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/144688237210gd6xc.jpg

We have signed 6 talents so far that will all get training time to be able to really live up to their potential.
They currently have a total combined pro MMA-record of 55-15-0 and have a 76,36% finish rate in their wins.

That is what we call the future ladies and gentlemen!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

FLASHBACK to our first card with a superfight main-event : NY Fight Nights 30: Jacobs vs Roach

Took place on 31/01/2015!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1421258566NYFN30.jpg

RESULTS:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2dklbx4.png

An epic preview, written by GBK, can be found in the next post! It is a must read!

( I could not put both posts in one, as the forum did not allow me to post more than 10 pictures in one post. )

NEW YORK FIGHT NIGHTS presents….

NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach

( Written by GBK)

Date: 31st January 2015

Arena: Credit Card Center (7,000 seater)

Merch Partner: Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to this preview of NYFN’s upcoming event, NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach. This is going to be one of NYFN’s biggest events to date, and we go to the Credit Card Center in the Big Apple! Without further ado, let’s get right down to the action!

FIGHT #1 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/50f91c339aa1dd50e0a7604ee0faff01.png

Our first fight of the evening comes from the Welterweight division as two young prospects look to take another step forward as Leon Khan takes on Claude Bouchard.

Leon Khan is a clinch fighter who has recently won his manager some VIP time after emerging as the victor of a QFC tournament. He demonstrated devastating ability in wearing his opponents down, while also finishing them with a combination of Elbows and Knees. We will have to see if his experience from the QFC can translate into success in an org setting.

Claude Bouchard has only had one fight in his career, but it was one in which he absolutely dominated. He is a boxer who also has a bit of wrestling about him, so he could be the perfect counter measure to Khan’s clinch game. He holds a slight reach advantage, and he may use that to keep his opponent at distance.

PREDICTION: Well it appears that Khan will struggle to make the weight cut for this fight, so it may not even go ahead, but if it does, I expect Bouchard to absolutely dominate with the advantage of extra energy. Claude Bouchard to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/c93155006c68b868a3d336803180fe62.png

The Lightweight Division plays host to the next fight as we have experience vs youth with Mr Teeto playing the part of experience and Melcone Aisa acting as youth.

Mr Teeto has had a rocky path as of late. After winning his first 4 fights, he lost the next 3 before rolling off another 3 wins. He has lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and will be looking to gaining another win in this bout. He has ability striking at range, but his true bread and butter is inside the clinch where he uses Muay Thai to devastating effect. He holds the reach advantage as well, so it will be interesting to see if he will look to strike from range rather than clinch.

Melcone Aisa is an all rounder. He has a Brown Belt in BJJ but we haven’t seen it used so far as he has gained all his wins via (T)KO. The diversity in his offense is what makes him a tricky opponent, and he holds a major skill advantage over his older opponent. He holds a significant advantage on the ground but he may look to use his striking to send out a statement to the rest of the division.

PREDICTION: I have to go with Youth in this instance. He has worse Muay Thai than Teeto, but Aisa is better in all other areas, as well as having the higher ranked manager. Melcone Aisa to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #3 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/86bd15ef3c59053b4d5580e6eb098d9f.png

Back to the Welterweights now as we have a 25 year old fighting a 19 year old with Johnny Langstromduking it out with Derek Gaines.

Johnny Langstrom is a 25 year old fighter who hails from somewhere in England. Orphaned as a child, the misfortune for him would continue when even his own manager would abandon him when his VIP ran out. We know Langstrom is a striker, who has a KO win going for him, but he was KO’ed in his last fight. He will be hoping a win here will make him more appealing to any potential managers watching.

Derek Gaines is a 19 year old fighter coming straight from the notorious Compton, California. He is a BJJ fighter who also suffered a KO loss in his last fight, and he will be hoping to gain a Submission victory here. He is backed by David Murphy of the LOD alliance, and he will be hoping his training at the {CBK} Kickboxing Academy will aid him in this bout.

PREDICTION: I expect the misfortune to continue for Langstrom. With no manager, he won’t have trained in preparation for this fight in the past 3 weeks. Gaines on the other hand will be looking to take advantage and gain another win. Derek Gaines to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #4 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/d299cdd1bf4c38a634a7cf14661f8221.png

Up to the Middleweight division now as Distor Centura takes on Tumbu Bukasa.

Distor Centura hails from the Outback, and this 29 year old loves to wrassle! A ground and pound fighter, he suffered a disappointing loss in his last outing, and he is looking to get a win here. His strength comes from being able to control the action after taking the fight to the ground, allowing him to fire off his shots and leaving his opponents unable to defend themselves. A similar fate awaits his opponent here if he isn’t wary.

Tumbu Bukasa is a Muay Thai fighter from the DR of Congo, and he uses this to his advantage. 7 wins in his career, of which 6 were KO’s, shows he has the ability to finish a fight, and he uses his impressive kicks to wear his opponents down before going for the big finish!

PREDICTION: Centura has a slight wrestling advantage, and will hope to get the takedown quickly before Bukasa’s kicks can wear him down. I expect a first round win as Centura will either GnP his way there or Bukasa will kick him down. Tumbu Bukasa to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/99ee70fe56200731e2526a67dd2ea5cd.png

Staying with the Middleweight division now, it’s another old vs young fight as 30 year old Jack Bruce takes on the 23 year old Harold Stone.

Jack Bruce is currently on a 2 fight losing streak, but he has the KO power to change that easily. Toughened up by his upbringing on Long Island, Bruce is also known to be partial to a nice submission should the situation call for it as his last win came from an impressive Anaconda Choke! His opponent will need to be careful or he could be finished from anywhere.

Harold Stone is a boxer who grew up in Las Vegas so he knows how to survive in a hectic area. 7 (T)KO wins in 9 wins shows he has the ability, and his superior wrestling should let him keep it standing where his boxing can do the talking. He holds a significant weight advantage and this means he has a lot more muscle to be flexing while striking.

PREDICTION: I expect this fight to go to the bigger fighter, and I don’t expect it to last the distance. Harold Stone to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #6 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/8ef402ed532bd15c061eb073314e7c1d.png

The first of a series of Lightweight fights now as “The Armor of God” Francesco Torzoni takes on Nikolai Nation.

Francesco Torzoni has had a host of experienced managers, and with linking up with Axia Inc of The Goonies, he has continued that. He is experienced in all areas, with KO wins accompanying his Sub win that shows he is no one-trick pony. He also has a Granite Chin, which could keep him in the fight when he looks out. He is making his Debut in NYFN here after a brief run with MMA Helsinki, and he will be looking to start as he means to go on.

Nikolai Nation has another experienced manager in Senzo Tanaka of The Legion of Pain, and he is looking to bounce back after experiencing his first loss in his last bout for the title. He will be hoping a win here will propel him back into the title picture, and his Elite boxing is a problem for anyone who steps into the cage with him.

PREDICTION: A good battle here, and I have a feeling the debutant will spring a surprise on his opponent here. Torzoni is the more rounded fighter, and his Granite Chin could be the difference here. Francesco Torzoni to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

FIGHT #7 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/41a6e513600c8876cd675790961847ce.png

Another Lightweight fight now with an international flavour to it as Elias Al Haddad takes on Hannibal Barca.

Elias Al Haddad hails from the United Arab Emirates and he has a penchant for going the distance. 15 decisions in 28 fights shows he has the cardio to go that far, and it is his striking that helps him so much. He is coming into this fight on the back of a loss and he may look to use his experience at going three rounds to swamp his opponent into tiring while scoring points.

Hannibal Barca is a devastating BJJ fighter who is undefeated, with all of his wins coming through Submission. He will be looking to extend that undefeated streak, while at the same time, look to make a claim for a title shot by gaining another submission win. He has a fantastic wrestling game to gain the position for his BJJ to take over, and Al Haddad will need to be careful.

PREDICTION: With this fight going three rounds, I don’t think Al Haddad can survive that long without going to the ground. He will need to gain a (T)KO but with his record, I don’t see him doing that before Barca gains a takedown. Hannibal Barca to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #8 – Lightweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/f3d3219b52bb5e15e29f24f34ddecbc4.png

A title fight for you now as Quentin DeBramalo looks to defend his belt once more before the Tycoon MMA Championships against the challenger Kolt Ganger.

Quentin DeBramalo comes into this fight for his first title defence since winning the title from Nikolai Nation. He is currently on a 6 fight winning streak, and his striking is something to behold. He has shown a tendency to go for submissions while on the ground, so it will be interesting to see if that comes into play here. With his Striking being so great, and his Ground game being solid, it is hard to pinpoint a weakness for him other than just swinging and hoping to connect clean.

His challenger is Kolt Ganger who is currently on a 3 fight winning streak. He prefers to fight within the clinch and on the ground, and he will be looking to go into these areas if he is to stand a chance in this bout. He is managed by Chris Meat of Convicted Inc so he has a good backing team, and we could see this potentially change the fight.

PREDICTION: Overall, I think DeBramalo’s ability in all areas will help him to claim the win here as he will just have too much for the challenger unless he gets taken down where it seems pretty even. Quentin DeBramalo to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

CO-MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #9 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/1540bfd04563e222fc027ce0890ff0f7.png

The final Lightweight fight of the evening comes between Jonqw Fray and Arshnoor Singh, with the winner probably being next in line for a title bout!

Jonqw Fray hails from United Kingdom, and his ground game is deadly! 9 Submission wins, along with 2 (T)KO wins shows he hates leaving fights in the hands of the judges, where he has lost his two fights. He loves to take the fight to the ground, where his BJJ pays off huge dividends, and can also brutalise them with some GnP. He is outmatched in height, but has a huge weight advantage so it could work in his favour here.

Arshnoor Singh comes from the roster of the manager formerly known as Kshitij Singh Negi, The Crown Prince of Crime, and he fits the bill perfectly. A lightweight fighter who stands at 6” tall, he has the ability to keep his opponents at range while he wails on them. 13 KO wins can attest to this, and his sensational wrestling allows him to control the action and where he wants to fight it.

PREDICTION: This is going to be a one-sided affair, but it is hard to tell who for. If it stays standing, Singh is going to obliterate Fray, and if it goes to the ground, Fray is going to demolish Singh. Whoever wins will be most likely to step up for a title shot. Arshnoor Singh to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #10 – Light Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/fc777aecf7321fc5fc8c70207e37b0b7.png

Our main event is a marquee bout between two fighters who were brought in specially for this event asTycon “The Terror” Jacobs takes on “Bartman” Bartholomew Roach.

Tyson “The Terror” Jacobs has come into the org from Ascension, and he describes himself as “a Red-White and Blue loving American”. With Sensational Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling as well as a BJJ Black Belt, Jacobs has had a successful career so far with 19 wins, and he will be looking to go for number 20 here. In his last fight, he used the stand up game as well as his wrestling background to grind out a decision win, and has been training since, so I expect to see a fresh and determined Jacobs in this bout.

Bartholomew Roach is one of the most elite strikers in the world today, and he has sensational wrestling and a Brown Belt to support that. 20 (T)KO wins in 21 fights shows he has the killer instinct to finish fights, and he will be hungry for #21 here. He comes from Syn, and is just behind Jacobs in the rankings, and will be looking to leapfrog him with authority here. He is Heavy Handed and appears to prefer to strike at range rather than inside the clinch, and his slight reach advantage could be a factor there.

PREDICTION: In the USA vs USA war, I expect the striker to come out on top. His striking is second to none, and it could be over fairly quicky. Bartholomew Roach to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

That’s all from me, so be sure to look out for the results after the event!

-GBK -

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why don't you reopen it ? You seem to miss the org business.

I do miss it, but know as well that it is a ton of work, so want feedback from the community to see how they feel about it.

There are multiple ways that I can go and I am going over all different options in detail to find the perfect solution.

Congratulations to former NYFN fighter Kalervo Kaunismieli for making it to the top 10 p4p! Great job!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400510985022.png

Big thumbs up for Kalervo his manager , Billy Arseworth , on gettng the number one manager rank. He has been one of the most friendly and loyal managers ever since I joined this game and it is an absolute pleasure to see him lead the manager ranks now. :winner:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...