EPL 8

JLP

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14410618345782.jpg
Alexandr "Mean Machine " Nikitin Post fight comments
Wow still high off the emotions of winning such a high profile fight .I surprise the ref did not decide to stand the fight back up as soon as i had the triangle lock in but lucky for he he didn't .Hopefully i get a few more wins and show everybody i am way better fighter then my records suggests .For my opponent Bastien "El Feo" Harris prepare to have 3 losses on your record by submission after you face me .I on a roll.

Mickey hart after the win .Look how happy he is at the post fight conference

http://s9.postimg.org/snpvdr9of/i_Urd_TBOR.jpg

Lets go to vendetta headquarters .I sure hope all is okay there :shades: .

http://s12.postimg.org/q7ue81l71/05f047a3_532_1420752a.jpg

Even after a humiliated lost like that Gad just remember that

http://s16.postimg.org/r820rc1h1/Brother_love_2.png

• Upvote 4

Be Intresting to see what guys have the best I jury hidden

Thrul and Gutz both went the full ten in their wins and have no injury days. Longest injuries are Nikitin and Flay at 5.

Two huge upsets in the first round and those two are squaring off next week in round 2, Harris vs Nikitin in the co-main event.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13866819271700.jpg

Bastien Harris

" Whew, what a night my Pops really went all out with the after party in the first event for EPL Season 8. No body saw me winning against Grice not even my pops, luckily the degenerate Alcoholic did not bet any money against me this time.

Looks like i will be facing another upset winner in Alexandr Nikitin in four days, he is a Redbelt not sure i have ever faced a red belt before you may be my first. This will be a good test for my grappling , but i do plan to KO you early mate no hard fellings though i do wish you the best against the rest, but in 4 days you just aint gonna pass the test."

• Upvote 2

The EPL Rundown

EPL 8 opened up on a high note with a couple of big upsets to go with an exciting fight card.

Bastien Harris surprised the world with his first round KO win over Gary Grice. Harris landed a beautiful combo in the first minute and put Grice on queer street, making a stunned Grice an easy target for a spinning back fist that will probably be on his highlight reel from now until retirement.

Hilton Teimosa used an accurate striking attack to go with a solid grappling defense to overcome Justin Hall's grappling based attack. Hall was unable to capitalize on his lone takedown and found himself being decisively outstruck by Teimosa.

Dickie Crash succumbed to a revitalized Artie Lange's dangerous GnP six minutes into the fight. DeVanzo secured top control after an early takedown and worked his way to mount after a missed Crash kimura attempt. "Beer League" poured on the strikes from mount until the ref came to Crash's defense and stopped the fight.

Boris Gingivitis edged out Brandon Hale in a very close fight. Boris was a little busier striking on the outside and that seemed to sway the judges to his side. Hale was unable to get the fight to the ground for any length of time and just wasnt able to put it all together on the feet.

Two veterans took the fight to the cards in the next fight as Uusisto and Gutz clashed. Gutz outstruck Uusisto by a wide margin early and late in the fight to secure the win. Jurmas took the fight to the mat around the three minute mark, but couldnt get any offense going. Gutz took advantage of a fading Uusisto late in the fight and really started to pile on the strikes.

Alexandr Nikitin scored the biggest upset on this card with his triangle choke victory over Billy Beast. Beast was working his striking game well and seemed to be in control of the standup. A persistent Nikitin displayed his heart as he kept trying to change his fortune by taking the fight to the ground. After his second TD he worked his way to mount but gave up the position going for an armbar. Beast looked to be out of danger momentarily, but the crafty red belt sunk in a triangle and forced the tap.

The oldest fighter in the competition took on the youngest in the main event. Aznar Thrul really dominated Flay with his multifaceted attack. He both outstruck and outgrappled Flay en route to a convincing victory. Thrul's GnP was especially impressive and he really put his name out there as a force in EPL.

9.2 Fights to watch

Bastien Harris v Alexandr Nikitin Both fighters are looking to prove that they are for real in week 2. Just a week ago few would have thought that these two journeymen would be fighting to grab a share of first place early on in the competition. The fight is Nikitin's crafty sub game vs Harris' power punching and aggression. I think Alexandr will lock in a submission here and grab a share of first place.

Aznar Thrul v Gary Grice A rematch 7 tycoon years in the making sees the surging Thrul taking on the veteran Grice. Grice will be desperate to get back on track here and Thrul has already said he is looking for payback. An early grudge match is always a good thing. I dont see this fight going to the judges and right now I'm leaning towards Thrul getting his revenge with a GnP tko in the latter half of the fight.

• Upvote 3

Week 2 Rundown

Week 2 saw EPL get pretty fucking brutal. All 7 fights went over 9 minutes. Alexandr Nikitin was the fastest finisher, putting Bastien Harris away with a big right hand and follow up gnp. Nikitin's second finish in as many fights puts him in sole possession of first place early on.

The fight of the night was definitely Boris Gregorisvitsi's stoppage of Dickie Crash with only two seconds left in the fight. This fight took place mostly in the clinch and turned into a bloodbath early as Crash battered the head of Boris with knees and elbows. A bloody Boris battled back bravely as the round continued and slowly started to take control. A visibly shaken Crash was dropped by a mighty uppercut in the latter half of the ninth minute and finished off by follow up strikes. Great performance from two warriors.

Did the real Gary Grice show up this week? Grice managed to edge the upstart Thrul in a return engagement of a fight that occurred very early in Thrul's career. Grice outstruck from distance and was the more effective fighter in the clinch. overcoming the takedowns and gnp of Thrul.

In other results

DeVanzo put a wrestling clinic on Tantalus Flay to win a decision.

Hilton Teimosa forced Billy Beast to tap out to strikes with one second remaining in the fight.

Jurmas Uusisto smothered Justin Hall to get the judges nod.

Brandon Hale edges veteran Cormac Gutz in an exciting striking scrap.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that was a rough blood bath last fight. I'm not sure that cuts has the same affect as injuries but I don't like my chances this week

It doesn't he will have full abilities, but if opponent draws blood one time it could be stopped if cut is bad. It is also easier to be cut if he already has one coming into match.