Anthony johnson

jacky67

Jones will likely try to take him down well I think he should. Jones uses his reach very well but if Cormier can land some good shots on him Rumble will do the same except with a lot more on them and if Gus can't take the power I think Jones will get laid out himself. Hopefully Rumble can stop the takedown and land some good shots.

An amazing venue. Very intense. I'm a fan of Johnson and Gus after that one, and hope the UFC goes back to Stockholm soon. Jone's is my favorite fighter, but it's hard not to pull for Johnson right now. My first thought - Jones wins by TKO (Eye Poke). One thing is sure, whoever I end up betting on will probably lose.

I hope there no eye pokes because if I'm not mistaking Rumbles had some serious issues with those in the past.

I hope there no eye pokes because if I'm not mistaking Rumbles had some serious issues with those in the past.

Thinking about this, both Jones and Johnson have been involved in a remarkable number of high profie illegal moments in their careers.

Johnson had the 'eye poke of doom' against Kevin Burns. He was also cited for an illegal knee to a ground opponent (that didn't actually connect) in his fight with Josh Koscheck. Jones has obviously had memes created around his penchant for the eye poke and his only loss comes from delivering illegal 12 to 6 elbows.

Speaking of eye pokes, Gustaffson caught Rumble with one just before the onslaught started, might not be the best idea for Bones to try one lol!

It really was a great performance, he was throwing with such intensity, especially with those high kicks. Most of them were blocked but even so they are going to do some serious damage at that kind of force. I'm not sure if there's a man alive who could have taken what Rumble was swinging at him.

The question of course is whether or not he can replicate the same performance again when he takes on Jones. I think FallenFlyer is right and Jones may well look to get this one to the mat, especially in the first round or two when Rumble is at his most dangerous. If Jones can't get it to the mat then he's going to need to get Rumble's respect early standing to stop him just teeing off on him.

I think I'll still be backing Jones to come out on top in the bout but it'll certainly be an interesting opening round if Rumble comes out of the gates flying again. The longer the fight goes on I'd say Jones becomes an even bigger favourite than he probably will be when the odds open, I don't see Rumble being able to keep that kind of pace and intensity up for long.

The first round will be crucial in this one, can't wait for it.

• Upvote 2

Rumble cuts to 205 like any other fighter. Imagine how much he was cutting to make 170. 205 Rumble is not the same guy as 170 and almost always missing weight Rumble. He was practically killing himself before every fight. I don't know who will win. Obviously Jones is the favorite for now. I am just saying you can't compare anything he did when cutting an extra 35 pounds on top of his current cut to what he may do now.

He is going to have to be careful with those kicks against Cokeboy, Cokeboy will put his ass on the ground. Much like Cerrone against Bendo I suspect he won't be as free with them knowing they can be caught/countered with a take down.

I do wonder if Jones may try and take this one to the floor. Johnson has very good takedown D but it would seem like a safer approach considering the power showed against Gus.

Jones will be looking for a takedown early (probably via clinching) because i don't think he will be able to keep Johnson at range, he stalks his opponents and closes the distance very well.

i think Jones will take it though (unfortunately) especially if it goes to the championship rounds.

Great performance from Rumble. Gus really thought he had him in the standup and he just showed us all why he is fighting the #1 ranked 205er. He truly belongs in this division and I look forward to more performances like this. Although thinking about it, he might have to dig a little deeper than he has so far to really take the belt from Bones.

That fight will still be amazing no matter who wins so fuck it! I'm excited!

Great performance from Rumble. Gus really thought he had him in the standup and he just showed us all why he is fighting the #1 ranked 205er. He truly belongs in this division and I look forward to more performances like this. Although thinking about it, he might have to dig a little deeper than he has so far to really take the belt from Bones.

That fight will still be amazing no matter who wins so fuck it! I'm excited!

Amazing fight. I had an inkling the kid could be special, but it was so hard to see anyone dominate the standup against the Mauler like he did.