predictive sliders

lotos

As limited as my experience is, something in particular i have noticed about the prediction slider, or perhaps moreso checking the adapt to fight, is that it doesnt take into consideration the intended use of the skillset of your fighter. If your a standup fighter and want to avoid the clinch because your afraid of the takedown and want to avoid giving your opponent any opportunity to obtain one, its not intelligent enough to know not to do that. If your fighting a mirror build then i think its worth using.

I think that might depend on the fighters intelligence.

Primaries, physicals, takedown defense and takedowns play a large part in this.

Even if you try to predict and prevent a takedown it is obviously going to help a certain amount.

sure. I just found it funny that I set it to 100% prevent takedowns and the guy literally took me down in the first move of the fight.

If you dont touch them they are 100% to the right and I'm pretty sure in play.

Nobody except Mike can confirm otherwise.

Nonsense.

"If you choose not to set predicted tactics for your opponent, the fight engine instead looks at his previous fights and makes a prediction of what he will do based on those stats. If your opponent has not faught yet and you don't make a prediction, your fighter will go in with a balanced defense."

But if you press update even once, then it's activated for the next fight whatever the sliders are and it can't be deactivated so you better set them accordingly.

• Upvote 5

Nonsense.

"If you choose not to set predicted tactics for your opponent, the fight engine instead looks at his previous fights and makes a prediction of what he will do based on those stats. If your opponent has not faught yet and you don't make a prediction, your fighter will go in with a balanced defense."

But if you press update even once, then it's activated for the next fight whatever the sliders are and it can't be deactivated so you better set them accordingly.

I stand corrected :) VU

Nonsense.

This sounds legit. The question remains in my mind. If the game engine already predicts based on previous fights, then how can setting the prediction sliders improve that (unless your opponent decides to change previous sliders, but then you're fucked anyway). Unless you are intelligent/experienced and you have [adapt to fight] ticked and SHIG. So, by this denomination, one could assume that you should only use prediction sliders if you expect your opponent needs to change his usual tactics and do something else (maybe he needs to take you down or go heavy damage to beat you).

Just still: wouldn't using the predictions be likely to be less accurate than the game engine's predictions?

This sounds legit. The question remains in my mind. If the game engine already predicts based on previous fights, then how can setting the prediction sliders improve that (unless your opponent decides to change previous sliders, but then you're fucked anyway). Unless you are intelligent/experienced and you have [adapt to fight] ticked and SHIG. So, by this denomination, one could assume that you should only use prediction sliders if you expect your opponent needs to change his usual tactics and do something else (maybe he needs to take you down or go heavy damage to beat you).

Just still: wouldn't using the predictions be likely to be less accurate than the game engine's predictions?

the way I see the automatic engine prediction would average your opponents stats whether they fought a string of takedown artists or only strikers or clinch rapists or a mix of everything or whatever. so your guy won't go blind into the fight.

but if you want to adress specific moves based on your head-to-head matchup then you set your own predictions.

• Upvote 1

The auto prediction or setting prediction sliders yourself is only the starting point of said predictions, your fighter adapts from there unless you set predictions and DON'T click the adapt button.

This was all done because before the change it set how predictable something was off your sliders, meaning if I set my fighter to 100% TD's the opponent saw that before the fight even started and my first TD move was considered extremely predictable by the game engine.

IMO predictions really one work for where the fight takes place, IE getting Clinch or TD's for the most part. So unless someone is really predictable or you're wanting too lessen the change of these 2 things happening, I see very little difference in setting predictions for any strikes as it doesn't seem to effect them at all, IMO.

• Upvote 2

the way I see the automatic engine prediction would average your opponents stats whether they fought a string of takedown artists or only strikers or clinch rapists or a mix of everything or whatever. so your guy won't go blind into the fight.

but if you want to adress specific moves based on your head-to-head matchup then you set your own predictions.

Thanks.

The auto prediction or setting prediction sliders yourself is only the starting point of said predictions, your fighter adapts from there unless you set predictions and DON'T click the adapt button.

This was all done because before the change it set how predictable something was off your sliders, meaning if I set my fighter to 100% TD's the opponent saw that before the fight even started and my first TD move was considered extremely predictable by the game engine.

IMO predictions really one work for where the fight takes place, IE getting Clinch or TD's for the most part. So unless someone is really predictable or you're wanting too lessen the change of these 2 things happening, I see very little difference in setting predictions for any strikes as it doesn't seem to effect them at all, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification.