Question on training.

Ikkitakeda

I have two fighters in open gyms as there isn't many gyms available in their area but due to such high training in so many coaches I have them in high training class days when those days are available. How effective is sparring days with a bunch of people vs high coaching sessions like coach sessions averaging 5+ before my fighters vs sparring sessions that are 10-18?

Will my secondary skills go up or just the actual wrestling, bjj, boxing, and mt with sparring? If so with such high classes would it be best for me to stick with sparring and like circuit training with such high classes, or sparring and individual like wieghts, cardio, and yoga? Moving not really an option as I am a new player and it would cost too much.

Will my secondary skills go up or just the actual wrestling, bjj, boxing, and mt with sparring? If so with such high classes would it be best for me to stick with sparring and like circuit training with such high classes, or sparring and individual like wieghts, cardio, and yoga? Moving not really an option as I am a new player and it would cost too much.

Your secondaries will go up a tiny bit, but not enough for any substantial gains.

I'd stick with sparring and circuit training (if the class size is below 4). If the circuit training is crowded, hit the weights and sprinkle in some yoga classes, especially if you have a BJJ guy until the class sizes get a bit smaller

I'm guessing it's the two guys in this gym (http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=3715) you are talking about? If so yeah I'd just ignore training with coaches unless class sizes get substantially smaller - your best bet would be to focus on the physicals that don't need a trainer (as northernninjas said cardio/weights plus the occasional yoga), sparring later on when their physicals are up to scratch.

Although this guy I'd just replace when you can: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=325500 - everyone does builds like this to begin with (all my first guys were like this as well) but the min max approach is much better for fighter development. If you need any tips on fighter creation just PM me.

If he rolls great hiddens then fair enough :P just one thing to bear in mind is fighters do have a cap and certain types of training do increase secondaries you may want minimal skill points in.

For example: clinchwork is the classic one because it also trains knees/elbows which a lot of people don't use at all - hence why people will advise putting 110 points into clinchwork at the start. This minimises the amount of training you have to do to get clinchwork up to elite levels and therefore minimising unnecessary points into elbows/knees.

Useful to think about the sort of training they will have access to as well: if you've got the cash/gym access for high quality training then 18 yr olds w/ 110 conditioning will maximise training gains - if you only have access to basic tier gyms then 25 year olds with minimum skills in the stuff you can train without a coach (i.e. conditioning/strength/flexibility) is the way to go.

There's other things to consider as well (e.g. training what secondaries increases which primaries etc.) but that's the general jist of it.

There are public gyms out there that you can get some decent 2-3 person classes with. I would start there. Research the gyms on highstreet.

Yeah there is but not in Sydney. There is one where Buddy is at in Las Vegas that has the 8 trainers but 9 fighters. Downside is there is no mt trainer though. I did ask if he will add one.

Yeah there is but not in Sydney. There is one where Buddy is at in Las Vegas that has the 8 trainers but 9 fighters. Downside is there is no mt trainer though. I did ask if he will add one.

Look at potentially moving him to another city with better gyms. I'm running into this same issue since I haven't been able to buy a private gym yet.