ITFL Season 5 - Official Thread

GBK16

photo-22962.png?_r=1362008753

INTERNATIONAL TEAM FIGHTING LEAGUE

SEASON 5

RULES

1. Tournament consists of 6 teams, with 5 members on each team.

2. The ID for this season will be 245k.

3. Weight class is the Light Heavyweight (205) division, with a minimum weight rule of 195lbs in place.

4. Entrance fee for teams this season will be $250k.

5. Contracts will be 1 Signing Bonus, 5k Fight Pay and 5k Win Bonus. This tournament is about building your fighter and being rewarded for being successful.

6. Fights will happen on a bi-weekly basis, or every 14 days.

7. Teams will face each other team twice, one Home and one Away.

8. Picking order will be decided via a Home and Away system. Home team will make the first and fourth picks, while the Away team makes the second and third picks.

9. Teams will be allowed one replacement per season, with any extras only being in extraordinary circumstances.

TEAM SCORING

1. You will receive one point for each victory you get, and 0.5 points for a draw, so a team can earn up to 5 points each round.

2. Their score each round will be added to their total points which they accumulate throughout the season.

3. The two top scoring teams at the end of the season will then participate in a Team Finale, with the higher scoring team having the option of being Home or Away

4. In the event of tied points, Head to Head record between the teams will be looked at, and then further on from that will be most Finishes throughout the season.

INDIVIDUAL SCORING

1. You will receive 3 points for a KO/SUB victory, 2 points for a DEC, and 1 point for a DRAW.

2. At the end of the season, the top 16 scoring scoring fighters will be invited to a curtain closing Individual tournament which will be a straight knockout style tournament.

PRIZES

1. The winning team will receive 5 million dollars, 1 million to each of their members.

2. Winner of the Individual tournament will receive 1 million dollars and One years VIP.

TEAMS

TEAM CONQUER - Captained by Sean McDonnel (Shortfuse) - Replacement Used
The Charles Grace All-Stars - Captained by Johnny Lee (JLP) - Replacement Used
Duane Perry - Johnny Lee
Edward Stoker - Michael Knight
Bryer Michael - Joe River
Malik Al-Khaldi - Scott Davies
Matt Kroblur - Johnny Lee
Team Icon - Captained by Harry Bagofdonuts (HarryB) - Replacement Available
Akihito Yamato - Ed Minasian
Mr Steel Penn - Steel Penn
BJ McGobblecock, Jr. - Bear Stevenson
Kabal Labak - Harry Bagofdonuts
Antonio Lobo - Scotty 2 Hotty
Vendetta - Captained by G Wad (Gwad12345) - Replacement Used
Jermaine Wright - Michael Wolf
Cornelius Carr - Stu MacK
Roland De Ronceveux - Michael Wolf
Ras Li Judah - Bwang Jong Sr
Sully's Regulars - Captained by Grant Brophy (GBK16) - Replacement Available
O Shea Jackson - Grant Brophy
John Swanson - John Hetfield
Johan Attila - Bob Vendarra
Danny Ciprianni - Mark O'Sullivan
Liam McGuiness - Joe Lang
The Undateables - Captained by Dale Mac (Mccann123) - Replacement Used
Rio Yaj - Mario Yaj
Bruno Aires - Billy Arseworth
Russell Bell - The Antidote
Neil Gilas - Mickey Hart
Alpa Chino - Dale Mac

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (Home on the left, Away on the right)

Week 1 - 4th May

The Dong Squad vs Team Icon

The Charles Grace All-Stars vs Vendetta

Sully's Regulars vs Team Conquer

Week 2 - 18th May

Vendetta vs The Dong Squad

Team Conquer vs Team Icon

Sully's Regulars vs The Charles Grace All-Stars

Week 3 - 1st June

The Dong Squad vs Team Conquer

Vendetta vs Sully's Regulars

Team Icon vs The Charles Grace All-Stars

Week 4 - 15th June

Sully's Regulars vs The Dong Squad

The Charles Grace All-Stars vs Team Conquer

Team Icon vs Vendetta

Week 5 - 29th June

The Dong Squad vs The Charles Grace All-Stars

Sully's Regulars vs Team Icon

Team Conquer vs Vendetta

Week 6 - 13th July

Team Icon vs The Dong Squad

Vendetta vs The Charles Grace All-Stars

Team Conquer vs Sully's Regulars

Week 7 - 27th July

The Dong Squad vs Vendetta

Team Icon vs Team Conquer

The Charles Grace All-Stars vs Sully's Regulars

Week 8 - 10th August

Team Conquer vs The Dong Squad

Sully's Regulars vs Vendetta

The Charles Grace All-Stars vs Team Icon

Week 9 - 24th August

The Dong Squad vs Sully's Regulars

Team Conquer vs The Charles Grace All-Stars

Vendetta vs Team Icon

Week 10 - 7th September

The Charles Grace All-Stars vs The Dong Squad

Team Icon vs Sully's Regulars

Vendetta vs Team Conquer

• Upvote 3

Your on there no way i going 0 and 10 .That a easy 100k for me :shades:

I was going through all the fighters, looking for underdogs, wild cards, etc.

Then I saw Neil Gilas and I nearly spat my drink out. Respect for putting somebody forward and I really love underdog stories so if you won every fight and I had to pay you a milli I would be happy, but come on fella, you don't think he's a little outmatched?

• Upvote 1

I was going through all the fighters, looking for underdogs, wild cards, etc.

Then I saw Neil Gilas and I nearly spat my drink out. Respect for putting somebody forward and I really love underdog stories so if you won every fight and I had to pay you a milli I would be happy, but come on fella, you don't think he's a little outmatched?

Well i put it this way good chin ko power great confidence good secondaries and physicals and a epic manger .He should pull some upsets and do okay for himself :shades:.Look at his last lost got really unlucky to lose that decisions against a very good fighter .If you look at the fight i dominated and got unlucky in the last round

Betting odds for the ITFL

Okay folks here or the betting odds.Since marky was talking about it on the forum is end my not go ahaed and post odds .Max bet is 50k per manager .Odds or liable to change so get then bets in soon and take then odds while you got the chance.For your bets to be void send money and a pm on your pick with odds to Mickey Hart (89500) .Also post here your pick odds and betting amount.Please note i have cleaned up every event so far and i am going to enjoyed taken all your guys money :lol:

Team Heel Turn
The strongest overall management team in the competition in my opinion .With three former number one mangers there is no shortage of talent here .The knowledge to get to the top and sliders skills should give then the edge over every team here.There is a few dings in the Armour however .Having a relative unknown fighter Thomas Rutherford who only popped heart could prove troublesome in the weeks .Another weakness is JLP temperament which can lead to making rash and poor tactical decisions which could prove costly .Can JLP keep his cool and Thomas Rutherford make up for his lack of experience ?
Betting odds: 2/1 fav

TEAM CONQUER

A overall strong team with Cid Strife there strongest fighter manage by the immortal Lance Templeton. This can be there year but have to overcome the weakness of having the anchor rory daly on there team.Can they overcome that weakness?

Betting odds =5/2 co fav

Vendetta

Boy where to start here .Vendetta has come to represent so many words these days .Words like overrated and no ability to handle pressure come to mind.All looks good on paper but if you look closer there so many cracks waited to be exploited .My prediction will preform well against the weaker teams but will cracked and get taught a lesson by Team Heel Turn and team conquer.

Betting odds =100/30

The Dong Squad

A wild card team made up of journeymen and dreamers who rag tagged there way to being a part of a team .Looks can be deceiving however .with a couple strong fighters and some underrated mangers on there team .There strongest fighter appears to be Bruno "The Bomber" Aires a well rounded fighter with a good record.There supposed weakest fighter is Neil Gilas. Gilas cant not be overlooked however.Manged by the very tricky mickey hart it would be unwise to take him lightly .With so many unknown factors definite black-horses for this event

betting odds:6/1

Team Icon

A team that had a lot of potential till until they all allowed Mr Steel Penn and Kabal Labak which or average fighter at best on there team .There best fighter Johan "Hailstorm" Attila has a lot to do to carry the death weights on the team and i feel it will be to much for him. I cant see then doing that much a shock or 2 but that about it

betting odds =9/1

Sully's Regulars

A poor bunch at best with the exception of Johan "Hailstorm" Attila ho .He has to carry this team for then to place any bit respectable .There biggest weakness is Liam McGuiness a former island fighter need i say any more.

Betting odds =9/1

betting tips

Not that i am bias but the The Dong Squad might be worth a cheeky bet for you underdog lovers at 6/1 .All there fighters appear to be very well rounded .This may cause problems for the the one dimensional fighters of the other teams With such a versatile fighters there is a tactical advantage i believe but have no idea if the fighters or strong enough to exploit it.At odds of 6/1 it worth a bet .

Bets taken

Harry Bagofdonuts (82962) 50k at 9/1 on team ICON

• Upvote 1

Team Icon

A team that had a lot of potential till until they all allowed Mr Steel Penn and Kabal Labak which or average fighter at best on there team .There best fighter Johan "Hailstorm" Attila has a lot to do to carry the death weights on the team and i feel it will be to much for him. I cant see then doing that much a shock or 2 but that about it

betting odds =9/1

Sully's Regulars

A poor bunch at best with the exception of Johan "Hailstorm" Attila ho .He has to carry this team for then to place any bit respectable .There biggest weakness is Liam McGuiness a former island fighter need i say any more.

Betting odds =9/1

Attila is carrying the weight for two teams?

And my temperament is very even, calm and controlled you stupid fucking mumbling retard.

J/K, thanks for taking the time to do the write-up. I have to agree with your assessment that their are two pretty distinct tiers of teams in the competition.

• Upvote 3

Ras is delighted to be picked and given the chance to take apart duphus's mystery fighter.

Team Heel Turn
The strongest overall management team in the competition in my opinion .With three former number one mangers there is no shortage of talent here .The knowledge to get to the top and sliders skills should give then the edge over every team here.There is a few dings in the Armour however .Having a relative unknown fighter Thomas Rutherford who only popped heart could prove troublesome in the weeks .Another weakness is JLP temperament which can lead to making rash and poor tactical decisions which could prove costly .Can JLP keep his cool and Thomas Rutherford make up for his lack of experience ?

Thomas needed a nick name well now he has one. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=262496

He's up there as far as ID and not really tested so I'm not putting a ton of faith in him but he was the only fighter I had that matched the criteria for this tourney so........

I didn't figure people would let me squeak Thomas's cousin in which is just slightly under ID: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=243982

• Upvote 1

I'll let Mickey Hart run the odds for the tournament, but here is my take on the teams

TEAM CONQUER - Captained by Sean McDonnel (Shortfuse)
Reigning champions Team Conquer return to the ITFL looking for another victory in the tournament, despite a shift in their managers. Shortfuse and Rodrigo Costa return to the team, with fellow Cage Cartel members James Cozad and Rory Daly joining them, while the big addition would have to have Convicted's Lance Templeton joining them. If you had to pinpoint a possible weak link, it would be Bruce Brady, managed by Rory Daly, but you can expect captain Shortfuse to be carrying him along with advice, so I would expect them to finish in the top 2.
Team Heel Turn - Captained by Johnny Lee (JLP)
Duane Perry - Johnny Lee
Edward Stoker - Michael Knight
Bryer Michael - Joe River
Thomas Rutherford - Ruphus Duphus
Matt Kroblur - Johnny Lee
Team Heel Turn will be hot contenders for the crown this season, with them having three former #1 managers over 4 fighters, and Joe River is a manager you shouldn't underestimate either as he has plenty of experience but he also will be able to communicate with his teammates if he needs to. JLP and Michael Knight will be leading from the front, while Michael should be an effective team member. The only real unknown factor in this team is Thomas Rutherford, but with Duphus managing, he can be an upstart in the tournament. Anywhere in the top 3 is where I expect them to end up, but not lower.
Vendetta - Captained by G Wad (Gwad12345)
Jermaine Wright - Michael Wolf
Cornelius Carr - Stu MacK
Igor Quincy - Liam Davidson
Ras Li Judah - Bwang Jong Sr

Mickey has claimed Vendetta to be overrated, but their success in ID settings is something nobody should overlook. G Wad currently manages 3 fighters in the top 100 P4P, with one in the top 10 (And #1 in his weight class) and another very close to it at #12 P4P, with all three of those dominating in their divisions. Wolf is another former #1 manager, and Jermaine Wright looks like he could be one of the best fighters in the tournament, as he is currently 8-1 under Wolf, with his sole loss coming against Team Conquer's Cid Strife. Stu MacK, while not being a #1 manager, is much in the same mould with sheer dominance in ID orgs seeing him and G Wad face off for supremacy often, something which gives them both experience in that they can discuss tactics in order to both improve. Bwang is a bit of a wild card in that he looks like he could be a very shrewd recruitment for the team, but only time will tell if he lives up to it, while I expect Igor Quincy could have a good tournament, but he will rely on his team for advice in the tournament. I expect Vendetta to be in the top 3 also, but whether it will be them or Heel Turn who competes with Conquer for the crown is something we will have to wait and see.

Sully's Regulars - Captained by Grant Brophy (GBK16)
O Shea Jackson - Grant Brophy
John Swanson - John Hetfield
Johan Attila - Bob Vendarra
Danny Ciprianni - Mark O'Sullivan
Liam McGuiness - Joe Lang
If the above 3 teams are the title contenders, then Sully's Regulars are the proverbial mid carders for the tournament. Johan Attila and John Swanson will be leading the team most likely, with both managers having their builds and being very comfortable with it. Danny Ciprianni is a bit of a wild card, as he could go on a winning run, while he could also have a losing run depending on how the match ups go for him. O Shea Jackson is the youngest fighter in the tournament, and I expect him to have an average run in the tournament, with the fight picks dictating which way it swings. Liam McGuiness on paper looks to be the weak link, but his power and heart give him a punching chance in every fight. I am expecting 4th for this team.
The Dong Squad - Captained by Dale Mac (Mccann123)
Rio Yaj - Mario Yaj
Bruno Aires - Billy Arseworth
Russell Bell - The Antidote
Neil Gilas - Mickey Hart
Demetri Pulevski - Dale Mac
A rag tag team thrown together from a bunch of randomers, but they have some gems in their team. Bruno Aires is managed by Billy Arseworth, who is a highly underrated manager and could cause a number of upsets in this tournament. Also on the team is Russell Bell, managed by The Antidote who won the ITFL last season with Team Conquer, and also won the Individual tournament with Pernell Whitaker Jr, showing he knows how to win in this tournament, and could lead the team from the front. Rio Yaj and Demetri Pulevski I am expecting to have mediocre runs in the tournament, with them paling in comparison compared to the quality of the higher teams, while Neil Gilas I am expecting to have a run of Bosco Brown proportions, likely minus the one win, as his ground game is average compared to how others are, while his striking is highly lacking compared to pretty much everyone else. They should be pushing Sully's Regulars for 4th spot, but I expect them to come 5th.
Team Icon - Captained by Harry Bagofdonuts (HarryB)
Akihito Yamato - Ed Minasian
Mr Steel Penn - Steel Penn
BJ McGobblecock, Jr. - Bear Stevenson
Kabal Labak - Harry Bagofdonuts
Bon Aqua - Seppo Koskinen
First thing I have to say about Icon is that Bon Aqua could potentially be replaced due to inactivity, so I won't be commenting on him. They will be relying on BJ McGobblecock, Jr. who appears to have the least holes in his game. Kabal Labak lacks behind in his striking compared to the others, but should still be able to turn out a respectable showing. Mr Steel Penn is purely a grappler and he will get punished by the strikers, and his management team doesn't scream confidence to me as he has looked for help on the forums not too long ago with his sliders. Akihito Yamato meanwhile is a dangerous striker, but he will be in trouble against any possible grapplers he comes up against that he can't punish with his strikes. They could possibly finish as high as 4th with a good run and if Sully's Regulars and The Dong Squad have poor runs, but I am expecting them to finish bottom of the pile.
On a side note, the ITFL can be unpredictable at times so even though it's publicly viewed that Heel Turn, Conquer and Vendetta will be top 3, just remember that last season people felt FinnFighters would be pushing for top spot and they ended last, while Team Misfits and Team Conquer were expect to finish mid table and ended up battling in the Team FInale.
Also, since we have things up and running, I just wanna remind people that the cost for teams is $250k (Down from $500k last season) so whenever you can, try and have the money sent before the first round happens on May 4th.
  • Upvote 4