TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

I take it the N/A for division is because fighters have an MMA fight comming up?

Iv got several (both of my own and fighters in my org) fighters in the situation of having accepted fights a few weeks out (on the assumption we'd know about the start date at least that far out) who Im guessing will miss the tournament unless the sign up process takes ages and lasts untill their fight.,

So fighters with a fight scheduled can't join?

What about MMA fights? If we have fight coming up can we sign? What if I sign, take MMA fight meanwhile and TWGC starts? And what if TWGC will roll on same day as MMA fight? D: Would be awesome to get that thing cleared

How do the weight classes work. I'm a bit confused as my fighter Raphael Nero weighs 174 lbs. before cut and can cut to 159 lbs. but for some reason it says over 174.4 and I can only join the openweight division. Not sure I understand it.

**Edit - Nevermind. Think I just figured out that I can't use weight cut and I'd have to be under 170.

Mike:

This needs to be modified I think:

-NA-

If your fighter displays "-NA-" for Division on the TWGC entry page, this means he is signed to an org and the org owner has not allowed him to enter the TWGC. You will need to PM the org owner or one of their staff and ask them to tick the "Can TWGC" box on the contracts page.

I think N/A also applies if you have a fight scheduled / booked, regardless of "Can TWCG"

So, probably a stupid question but how do the fights run? How many rounds, how much time per round or is it just step in the center and first to submit the other wins?

1 x 15 minutes if I remember correctly :)

i have not read the entire thing and i am not complaining at all but maybe it would be cool in the future if individuals could host for a large price ingame $ a global event.

for instance for 10mil $$ i could host a TWGC just the same.

Yeah, put more money in the game! It will help for sure! That's what we need now, more useless money...

Why is not it not letting me enter any of my guys ?

If they are allowed to do TWGC, they may have fight offered/scheduled which block them from entering as well.

i have not read the entire thing and i am not complaining at all but maybe it would be cool in the future if individuals could host for a large price ingame $ a global event.

for instance for 10mil $$ i could host a TWGC just the same.

This is a good idea. I would expand on it though. One thing where this hard work will be VERY useful is using the code for Orgs to use. For example, many orgs already use tourneys, however organizing them is a pain in the butt. Basically this is a tournament which focuses on grappling. In theory it could be a K-1 or MMA tourney setup as well. If an option is given to orgs to somehow use the setup for their own orgs, this would be awesome.

Another option is to hold World tournaments for K-1, TWGC and even MMA. For example, once every 4 months you will have a World Cup for each of the above. Orgs will compete with a bid to hold that world cup of MMA, K-1 or TWGC. They compete by offering the biggest prize money. The fighters will still be allowed to compete in their own orgs (similar to TWGC). Anyway. I see how this can turn out to be a really good addition.

Even without it i am fine. As long as the bonuses do not become really big, the TWGC is basically another QFC format, just with more money and with an official setup just focused on Grappling.

• Upvote 3

This is a good idea. I would expand on it though. One thing where this hard work will be VERY useful is using the code for Orgs to use. For example, many orgs already use tourneys, however organizing them is a pain in the butt. Basically this is a tournament which focuses on grappling. In theory it could be a K-1 or MMA tourney setup as well. If an option is given to orgs to somehow use the setup for their own orgs, this would be awesome.

Another option is to hold World tournaments for K-1, TWGC and even MMA. For example, once every 4 months you will have a World Cup for each of the above. Orgs will compete with a bid to hold that world cup of MMA, K-1 or TWGC. They compete by offering the biggest prize money. The fighters will still be allowed to compete in their own orgs (similar to TWGC). Anyway. I see how this can turn out to be a really good addition.

Even without it i am fine. As long as the bonuses do not become really big, the TWGC is basically another QFC format, just with more money and with an official setup just focused on Grappling.

+1 for you, sir. But first we have other things to do. Like Cornerman, fixing some current stuff and preventing cities from dying. So good idea, but we cant talk about new things if we have long list of things to fix and put into game first. my opinion at least.

• Upvote 1

It uses the regular scoring system. Hopefully it will help us improve the game's MMA scoring overall. I thougth about doing certain points for certain things but that would have been potentially very difficult to prevent weird tactical fighting. I dunno, it just seemed over complicated.