Teenage Fight Org?

BuffMinion

With the new company slot I had an idea for a neat little gimmick org: teenage fighters only (16-19). Real low contracts as I expect to go negative not being able to generate decent hype for events. When a fighter turns 20 I'll cut em loose. No champions will be crowned to avoid the hype loss when they inevitably get cut. Maybe people would be more inclined to put their projects out early if they knew they were fighting others of a similar age/id. Also, perfect for test fights.

What do ya'll think of this idea?

P.S. It's unfortunately going to have to wait until I can afford to buy VIP in bulk. I've got about 98 days & I don't want to blow through them before i'm able to get some more. I do have $750k for 3 months on the VIP exchange for anyone willing to help out though.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

With the new company slot I had an idea for a neat little gimmick org: teenage fighters only (16-19). Real low contracts as I expect to go negative not being able to generate decent hype for events. When a fighter turns 20 I'll cut em loose. No champions will be crowned to avoid the hype loss when they inevitably get cut. Maybe people would be more inclined to put their projects out early if they knew they were fighting others of a similar age/id. Also, perfect for test fights.

What do ya'll think of this idea?

We had this exact concept with GAMMA, we had a 3 tier org system, the better fighters would promote to the next tier, the rest got released. Generally, it is a good idea.

• Upvote 2

It is enough to check this fighter's record and match-ups at your previous org (MR's Fight Ranch). You can call me names but that wouldn't change the fact that you booked your capped fighter vs new creations ;)

Here, this new org you are about to run is your chance to prove that you are not a can-crusher, we will be watching :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me & John have been running CWC pretty well bud (97% satisfaction rating from 51 votes / #9 Highest Rated Satisfaction) so i'm not to worried about it.

Btw check out the link in that fighter's bio, couldn't be more transparent lol He won fight character of the year for god sake so people understood the angle pretty clearly.

I also stumbled across this little gem of a thread not to long ago click here. I'm not that active on the forums so i never saw it when it was fresh & by the time I did, I didn't really care at that point (nice blind multi accusation though lol). Again, seems most people understood what i was going for.

How many beatings post fixed career (5-10-2) does Marty gotta take to get your forgiveness daddy Kendrick? :'(

Me & John have been running CWC pretty well bud (97% satisfaction rating from 51 votes / #9 Highest Rated Satisfaction) so i'm not to worried about it.

Btw check out the link in that fighter's bio, couldn't be more transparent lol He won fight character of the year for god sake so people understood the angle pretty clearly.

I also stumbled across this little gem of a thread not to long ago click here. I'm not that active on the forums so i never saw it when it was fresh & by the time I did, I didn't really care at that point (nice blind multi accusation though lol). Again, seems most people understood what i was going for.

How many beatings post fixed career (5-10-2) does Marty gotta take to get your forgiveness daddy Kendrick? :'(

I' ve been PRETTY pleased with how my guy has been treated in CWC. Even matching with John Dawgs guy was not fishy. Hell, Im a former champ, 6-1 with a hell of a "lucky" sub loss. You cant say thats an easy can crushing match for him.

About the concept, dunno If i'd join my prospect. The energy loss and sessions lost after a fight, I think I'd rather keep him training, tbh. Specially if sacked after 20yo instead of promoted for a higher league (like GAMMA, mentioned above). Maybe join for the test fight,since QFC sucks nowadays.

• Upvote 1

Definitely a cool concept, might be kind of hard to build hype with fighters only being eligible for the org for about 6 months. Plus, since most top managers prefer an average of 3 months or so before they fight, on top of wanting about 30 days between fights, seems like a lot of guys would only get 1-2 fights before theyre 20. Mentor had a good idea, would be a good feeder org. Along with what Barney said, CWC has been groovy so id definitely sign a guy or two

• Upvote 1

Definitely a cool concept, might be kind of hard to build hype with fighters only being eligible for the org for about 6 months. Plus, since most top managers prefer an average of 3 months or so before they fight, on top of wanting about 30 days between fights, seems like a lot of guys would only get 1-2 fights before theyre 20. Mentor had a good idea, would be a good feeder org. Along with what Barney said, CWC has been groovy so id definitely sign a guy or two

Not really super concerned about building hype or being an associated feeder org.

My plan is as follows:

-Low contracts (2 fights / 1k/1k/1k)

-Not having any champions (so no stripping the champ hype loss)

-Booking only at the 400-750 capacity arenas to minimize costs (though I assume i'll always be spending my own money for the duration that the org exists)

-Once a fighter turns 20, they'll be free to go wherever they please

I just wanted to do something a little different from the norm just for fun. Hopefully if my plan comes together, it'll be a consistent starting/low tier org that people will be familiar with much like when you think of high tier you think of GAMMA, PULSE, CEC (RIP), ICS, & SYN.

Thank you everyone for the feedback & interest, look forward to it somewhere in the near future! :)

• Upvote 2

I did this very thing while I was running PSE...I had 2 divisions that were 18/19yr old creations only and the org was ID restricted as well. I only did fights for them every 4 weeks, to allow ample training between events and if something happened where a fighter didn't get an offer for 5 weeks, they wouldn't mind as they'd be training longer.. once they hit 20 I tried to move them up or down a divisions if they wanted or released them. But if I recall I thing I purposely did like 170 that way I had the option to move them up or down into the already established division of fighters to compete.

• Upvote 1