is 6.3 a decent leaning speed? (18 year old with 1 on 1 coach)

the same as from useless -- to useless +

It's quite good. Definitely a keeper if his other hiddens are good. The best I've had was 7.25 or 7.35. I've heard people say that 7.5 is the max but I'm not sure if that's true.

I hear that a fighter is supposed to go from useless -- to abysmal -- to be a good learner but I'm not sure.

I don't think that is possible. Maybe before the training changes it was possible, I'm not sure because I didn't pay much attention to learning speeds back then.
  • Upvote 1

It's quite good. Definitely a keeper if his other hiddens are good. The best I've had was 7.25 or 7.35. I've heard people say that 7.5 is the max but I'm not sure if that's true.

I don't think that is possible. Maybe before the training changes it was possible, I'm not sure because I didn't pay much attention to learning speeds back then.

6.3 is not terrible.... the best I have ever had is 9.2 or somewhere around there. I don't remember the exact number, but it was over 9.... and that is a fighter I have on my roster currently.... but 6.3 is not terrible by any means. If he has other good hiddens then he is definitely a keeper. Going from Useless -- to Useless+ is certainly not the worst that could happen. Going to Abysmal + is ideal however. (Obviously)

• Downvote 1

6.3 is not terrible.... the best I have ever had is 9.2 or somewhere around there. I don't remember the exact number, but it was over 9.... and that is a fighter I have on my roster currently.... but 6.3 is not terrible by any means. If he has other good hiddens then he is definitely a keeper. Going from Useless -- to Useless+ is certainly not the worst that could happen. Going to Abysmal + is ideal however. (Obviously)

He is an older fighter? I'm pretty sure over 9 learners don't exist anymore. Or then I've been completely mistaken :)
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all the replies. btw, the coach was not elite, was remarkable.

Cisco, you see it with tycoon Assistant. Pick one stat that you know is the minimum and see what happens after 1 training session.

He is an older fighter? I'm pretty sure over 9 learners don't exist anymore. Or then I've been completely mistaken :)

Nope. One of my newest fighters. Best Learning speed I have ever heard of. At least since the old days before I even started playing the game that is.

so for example my defensive grappling went from useless to Abysmal-- is that what yall are talking about? and what the hell does that mean.

Yes that is what we are talking about. Going from -- to - is anywhere between .01 and 2.5 points depending on where your were in the --. So if you made a fighter with no points in say TDD then he is at the minimum number for Useless, which is 1.98 (I think). He would pop to Abysmal at 10 so that means that if he went from Useless-- to Abysmal-- in one session then he has gained at least 8.02 points. Hope that clears it up.

• Downvote 1

Nope. One of my newest fighters. Best Learning speed I have ever heard of. At least since the old days before I even started playing the game that is.

Yes that is what we are talking about. Going from -- to - is anywhere between .01 and 2.5 points depending on where your were in the --. So if you made a fighter with no points in say TDD then he is at the minimum number for Useless, which is 1.98 (I think). He would pop to Abysmal at 10 so that means that if he went from Useless-- to Abysmal-- in one session then he has gained at least 8.02 points. Hope that clears it up.

Warwynd, I'd bet every Tycoon dollar I have that you do not have a fighter with a learning speed of 9. You had to have made a mistake somewhere. How many points did you start with before you used the G-monkey script?

• Upvote 1

And to the OP:

6.3 is a pretty decent learning speed (although it wouldn't be if we could all have niners like Warwynd

B)). I have kept guys with speeds in the low fives, but they had the hiddens to justify sticking with them.

Whatever the starting points for an 18 year old are. I don't remember the exact number he scored on his test, but my jaw dropped when I saw him go from Useless-- to Abysmal+ in one session.

That makes it at the very least an 8.2 depending on where exactly he fell in Abysmal-. Although to be fair we are talking about a Cardio session with a 160Q supplement... which could mean that he was as slow as 7 something... depending on how much those supps help. He scored very well in a coached session as well though and he is without a doubt the fastest learner that I have ever seen. (in my own experience at any rate, I am sure the old school guys were higher.) Unfortunately the guy is kind of a moron as far as adapting his game plan.... Oh well.... he has decent hiddens overall it seems.... now if only his manager could pull his head out of his ass and get him a good slider setting... :weeping:

:shades:

Abysmal-, not +.... doh?

Yeah i remember back in the day you could get to abysmal-- after one session but now I'd really say anything around 6 is above average. I've made my own chart of all the learning speeds and what you can expect after "X" amount of sessions and so on. In my opinion i keep anything over about 5.5 for learning speed but they'd have to show pretty decent hiddens if they're on the lower end of that scale.

Although to be fair we are talking about a Cardio session with a 160Q supplement... which could mean that he was as slow as 7 something...

Physicals are not affected by learning speed, so I recon we found the issue here.

E: In case that wasn't clear, every fighter in MMA Tycoon would have reached the same result given the same prerequisites.