Highest Reputation Content

#343470 Retirement Match: Legend Vs Legend

Posted by Duxwig on 20 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Throughout history there have been many classic rivalries that have defined their eras.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
These all pale in comparison to one of the biggest rivalries MMA Tycoon has ever known.

Posted Image

These tired and ragged souls are once again destined to collide again.
However, there can be only room for one man in the MMATycooniverse.
One man left standing.
One man called the king of his era.
One man to fight again.

The other....shall fall upon his sword and be carried away on his shield.

Fidel Puno!
Our time has come once again to meet!

Bubba KillsInWater knows where you've been. He knows the struggles you've endured. The criticisms you've dealt with. He, himself, has heard them all too.

Fidel Puno: Age 32. 34 wins, 7 losses.
Bubba KillsInWater: Age 28. 30 wins, 8 losses.

Between these two men, they have over 60 wins combined. Two #1 P4P kings. Two MMA Tycoon Hall of Famers. Two men who take on any and all comers.

This is it though Puno. One man will put one final loss on his record and go out with a BANG

Bubbais here by challenging you to a match that will ultimately be talked about in MMA Tycoon for as long as the game exists and no doubt be the Fight of 2012.

Puno, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A RETIREMENT MATCH.

I have already confirmed with Mike Tycoon. The winner of this match stays alive. The loser of this match will be released and forcefully retired.

Silly I know. But what do you have to lose? You've accomplished all their is to accomplish in this world. Bubba has done the same. Why not go where no men have gone before and leave our mark on this B.G.-Earth?

To sweeten the deal I hereby also propose:
  • A $100k manager bet.
  • To personally pay ANOTHER $3k to the bet pot, if I lose, for EVERY +1 vote to this topic.
  • To take a 15 day forum ban
  • Any other conditions you may see fit, we will negotiate to add.

What do you say Puno?
Feelin' Savage enough?

#506398 Fighter Option - Vacate Title Belt

Posted by EzekelRAGE on 10 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

1ca7f68a1a419aa273bcb587e0a8debc.png

When you click the box beside vacate title you would get the following popup

25729e3db2b743e9367684566ccea16b.png

To make the contract looks less cluttered you can move the warning text to the pop up to confirm vacating the title

af5fb6eb2f22fa5e2e627d7db126764d.png

Now fighters can vacate a belt without harming the org(If they are above 100 hype). A fighter wouldnt have to feel obligated to stay in the org because he holds a title.

Maybe a fighter just wants to up the competition but also leave the org he is champion at on good terms.

#790506 The Wolf on Tycoon Street

Posted by Rambo on 18 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

BREAKING NEWS

Today marks the biggest black stain in tycoon history since Mentor was busted for multi's and scamming big dick pills, when two sub-par managers at best, were busted for fraud, fight-fixing, and straight up being douche bags. Congratulations dickheads, you've turned Vendetta into the Enron of MMATycoon. You can read the full story here.  

To nobody at Convicted Inc's surprise, Wolf, Aaron, and Vendetta still suck.

c302746e234e16e492502119e618833e4f467af3
(Wolf celebrating after every fixed fight)

klin-informer_right.jpg
(Aaron celebrating after every fixed fight)

tumblr_n44tmpqcn31sv7laoo1_500.gif
(Aaron approaching Wolf after he was given access to an FTP folder)

1402953709vendetta.png

The V for Vendetta once again stands for V for Vaginas. Thanks to two special pieces of garbage, Wolf and Aaron, the success of the entire alliance comes into question.  Cheating was obviously the only way mediocre managers like Wolf, Aaron, and even Ryan Epicity (how else could this guy crack the top 10 lol.) could succeed.  We've seen dirt balls in the past; Mentor, Steel Penn, Castor, but Wolf and Aaron take the cake and go down in history as the dirtiest scumbags to ever curse the game with their presence.

Congratulations assholes, and good riddance.

#246065 A basic fighter creation lesson: Distributing your points

Posted by myronmonroe on 23 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

I think this is one of those things EVERY single person that plays this game should know, so that's why I decided to make this post.

When you are putting points into your fighter on creation, which one of these strategies will be the best in the long run?

Best way to spend 111 points:

Fighter #1: Put only 1 point (USELESS) into SKill #1, and spend the maximum 110 points (WONDERFUL)on Skill #2
or
Fighter #2: Spread the points out, putting 55 (COMPETENT) into Skill #1 and 56 (COMPETENT) into Skill #2

Here's the basic concept of this game you need to keep on mind:

It is MUCH MUCH faster to go from 1 to 55 than it is to go from 56 to 110......Training slows down dramatically as your skill level goes up. There are no exact numbers, but I will use this picture as an example:

Posted Image

So, let's take a look at Fighter #1 and how long it will take him to get both skills to wonderful:

Posted Image

Now, let's take a look at Fighter #2 and how long it will take him to get both skills to wonderful:

Posted Image

In conclusion, Fighter #1 was MUCH easier to get both skills to wonderful than Fighter #2. If you have a fighter and you are thinking about his long term success, it is better to get as many skills to 110 as you can. He may not be as well rounded in the beginning, but he will thank you in the long run :thumbup:

#600835 How much notice do you need for the fight engine changes to go live?

Posted by MMATycoon on 09 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

As in the title? I am presuming Monday's fine?

There are loads of little things but the main ones are ref standups, overall fight scoring and leg kicks affecting speed and agility not stamina.

There isn't a massive amount that you would be able to gameplan for until you have experienced how you think it all works, so not a massive amount of notice needed imho.

details;

changed scoring system including fight rating, (n.b. will likely see less 100% rated fights)
improved transitions to focus more on the transitions variable itself
improved flex vs agility for advance position; added agility plus split what you need based on top vs bottom so bottom needs flex but top doesn’t
improve subs; so that bottom needs flex but top needs agility, whilst being the taller fighter makes subs from the bottom more likely but less likely from the top (minor difference).
bug fix - commentary display for getting rocked sometimes bugged out at the start of rounds
added more commentary to indicate sustained ground stalling by a fighter    
added fight graphics for reversals
diminishing returns for scoring points on takedowns and subs.
reduced energy loss for attempted escapes    
added clinch attempts to post fight stats    
fixed alignment of little arrow things on the fight imperial stats bars   
fixed - occasionally the fight engine would do a move you hadn't asked your fighter to do

also debugged the crap out of it for about 5 days and found a few bug that would have affected the chance of certain standup things landing, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively depending on tactics. hopefully this will have been the cause of any "how the hell did that happen?" fights for you in the past, so it won't happen again.

scrap NCs due to being in the wrong location. Instead you will be teleported to the right location and get a 10% hit to energy and morale but the fight will still take place.

Added 16th sept;

Additional tweak to standups from yesterday's changes.

Altered the "ground moves per minute" calculation. The most important impact being that we won't have a massive drop in moves per min when people go high counter. I'll continue to work on this one as post of this requires me editing commentary lines individually.

#838950 Just wanted to say:

Posted by Kanis on 01 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Many years ago,..I lost "everything that mattered". I then spent 12 years in a self punishment cycle that included too much drug use and no concern for my own well being.

A long story will be cut short to one day ,finally, looking myself in a mirror and seeing a glint of the warrior that I used to be, looking back at me for the first time in a decade. He said. "Now, you are just being stupid"

When I found this MMATycoon, I was trying to sober up.  My mind was a constant static of chaotic energy.

I am now 3 months away from my 4 year mark in the game.

I am incredibly sober (if you don't count weed =) just being honest). 

I am now back in my career field, Entertainment rigging- concerts and I am, again, one of the premium guys in the Oregon and Washington areas.

My closest friends are pleasantly shocked, because , I was told  "not many can come-back from where I was in my mind, heart and soul."

I am currently ranked 33 of 21518 (0.15%) and IF this is the closest that I ever get to this peak, I wanted to shout it out now, that You have NO idea just how much this environment was the therapy of mind that helped me come back from that cliff that I was on.  Thank you for that

Kanis.