Fight Academy Tournament 260K ID

Weight class  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Choose prefered weightclass:

TOURNEY ID: 260K

WEIGHT CLASS: VOTE NOW

http://oi57.tinypic.com/256tqbk.jpg

The question is often asked: 'Who is the next big thing in MMA?' Many managers tend to take this opportunity to brag about their 2-0 fighters and claim they are the next Jeremy Tonal, the next Otso Jokinen, the next Jigoro Kane... Only to later find out that they are just the next tenant of a beach house in the bahamas.

So, along came the Fight Academy. Dana Black, founder of Fight Academy, is sick of hearing false claims from numerous fighters and their managers and decided now is the time for them to prove they are the best youngsters around. He signed a contract with St Petersburg organization, Ring of Violence to hold the events. Now the search for the young talent begins (255K ID)...

http://oi57.tinypic.com/245wwmb.jpg

Media: Good afternoon Mr Black. Word has spread about your new TV show 'Fight Academy'. Can you tell us why you decided to start this?

Dana: Well, I just want to see all the best rising talent in one place fighting each other. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best as they say. Besides its the perfect way to get recognized in the MMA world to get your name out there.

Media: And tell us how this tournament is gonna run? How does it differ from the other tournaments we see going on?

Dana: To be honest its very fucking similar to a tournament that has been done before, I bought the rights off Rory Daly... Ya know his Gangs of New York style tourney.
So, I'm looking for 30 guys ready to go to war. Those 30 guys will be split into 6 teams of 5 guys. The 6 captains of those teams will be the 6 highest ranked guys once the slots are filled up and they will get to choose who is on their team using draft picks. So yep its the same as GONY except they will all be living in the Fight Academy mansion under one roof for a few months and it will all be televised for the viewers entertainment. Shit is gonna go down! Oh and ofcourse GONY always wanted rookies new to MMA where as I am looking to get the young talent who have a few years experience under their belts.

Media: Sounds interesting. So what do the winners get?

Dana: There will be two 'winners prizes'. One individual winners prize, which will be a custom trophy, VIP reward and a money prize. Then there will also be a prize for the winning team, they will get a cash prize split between them. The figures for the cash prizes aren't finalized yet but I can gaurantee the winning team will get at least 200K each. Numbers will be revealed once we sort out all the sponsorships and viewer count from the TV show.

Media: Sounds like it could be huge, but obviously you are relying on the young talented fighters to sign up for this. Do you think the slots will fill up?

Dana: I'd like to think so. Its a hell of an opportunity for them to showcase their skills in front of the world and let their actions prove their worth, all the while earning a healthy cheque by the end of it. Lets hope we can find 30 guys who have the fuckin' balls to step up and put on a great show for the fans.

Media: Finally, what weight class are we looking at here?

Dana: Good question, we are still in the process of figuring that out. It' always tempting to go for openweight but we are posting a poll for the fans to decide that. Well, that is unless its a weight class myself and Storman, ROV owner, strongly disagree on. The public's votes will help a lot though.

Media: Thanks for your time and we sincerely hope this fills up quick so we can watch the madness unfold on our TV's!

Dana: Thank you, the word is out there now so lets see what happens.

• Upvote 4

Tournament Rules

Entry Fee:

- 30K entry fee, which will be put into the prize winnings.

Teams:

- The teams will be determined by the draft picks of the 6 captains; they will take turns to pick whoever they want.
- 6 teams with 1 captain per team, the captains will be the 6 highest ranked fighters participating.
- 5 fighters per team.
- Each fighter/team will fight 5 times over the course of the tourney, don't back out - its even playing fields, no excuses!!!

Fight Picks:

- 1st round of fights randomized.

- Before each of the remaining 4 events the fighters who won their previous fights get to pick who they want to fight in their next event in order of who finished their fight the quickest. I will put the fight pick order up on this thread after each event (don’t worry).

- Fight every 3 weeks.

Winning team:

The winning team is obviously the team with the best record (eg 5-0) if there is a tie at the top, say if there is 2 teams that are 4-1 then whichever team has the most individual wins will be the winner (it could be that team A is 20-5 at the end and team B is 19-6 at the end).

If there is still a tie, meaning 2 teams are eg 4-1 and their records are both 19-6, both the team captains will have to face each other and win for their gang!

Winning individual fighter:

Need I say; the fighter with the best record BUT of course it is likely that there will be more than one winner.

EG there could be 3 winners, all with a record of 5-0.

In this scenario the winner would be the fighter that had the most amount of finishes out of his 5 fights.

If they all had the same amount of finishes the winner will be the fighter that spent the LEAST amount of time in the cage to win his fights.

EG
Fighter A spent 25.18mins in the cage
Fighter B spent 37.25mins in the cage
Fighter C spent 45.52mins in the cage

The winner would be Fighter A because he needed the least amount of time in the cage to earn his victories...

Start date:

Hopefully beginning of September depending on how sign ups go.

• Upvote 2

is there any chance to make the weight vote, when the id is decided on for me my vote is all over the place. i have a few that can compete in this tourney. might be easier maybe first ID and then the weight, because everybody knows with what wieght they can enter then. i hope this makes sence. i hope i can enter someone :P

• Upvote 1

is there any chance to make the weight vote, when the id is decided on for me my vote is all over the place. i have a few that can compete in this tourney. might be easier maybe first ID and then the weight, because everybody knows with what wieght they can enter then. i hope this makes sence. i hope i can enter someone :P

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I keep changing my vote because I have a guy for 245k in a different weightclass to my 260k so I'm like trying to make the perfect vote.

Fuck, i hate re-editing it all the time. Ok I'll delete the weight poll if i can.

I might have a fighter for this depending on weight class. It sounds like I'm in the same boat as a few others in that I have a couple of different fighter at different ID's at different weights.

I'm happy with most ID's but my favorites would be 260/250k.

Do we have a very rough start date in case any of our guys need to add or lose a few pounds? Is it likely to start in around 2 months or less?