Game Giveaway Contest

Beck

Steamgifts looks cool but I wasn't able to sign up because you have to have at least 100$ worth of games in your account. I only have about 84$ :( Something to keep in mind if you decide to use that site in the future.

Great idea for the giveaway. Don't think I'll enter because I don't have a clue what most of those are LOL!

Well we are not using that site for this contest, so you can join this if you still like too :)

As for the gift site, I wonder if only the host has to have that or also the people participating? would be werd if it was for those participating too.

Also 3 people send something in so far :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that requirement.

$100 sounds like a lot, but one bundle (be it humble bundle, bundlestars, indiegala, or the huge amount of other bundlesites) for around $1 or thereabouts will easily increase that dramatically. e.g. the recent Square Enix or 2k Games bundles from Humble Bundle would have put you over $100 account value at the pay what you want tier (so minimum $1 spent in real life) as they were full of AAA or similar games.

Bundles, steam sales, sales via other distributors (never buy anything unless it's on sale), trading for games from Russians/Brazilians (they benefit the most from regional pricing, whilst Australia in particular get stiffed and I'm talking like $10-15USD difference in some cases), and free game promotions all really make the $100 limit almost ineffective.

My account is case in point, according to Steamdb, my account is worth $2445.17 USD. It's a rough guestimate, as some games have turned f2p and/or are not directly available in the steam store any more, but that's the value if I had bought every game on my list at FULL price. It then tells me if I had bought all of them on sale it'd be around $761.55 USD, but again this isn't accurate as it doesn't include bundles, some sales, games I got for free, and so on. As recently as last week, I got 5 free steam games (+ a spare copy of one called Gun Monkeys as redeeming it also gives you a gift copy) from a Bundlestars/PCGamer promotion which had hundreds of thousands of keys of each.

Whilst I think I probably have spent more than most people here on the thread, there's no way in hell I've spent anywhere near $2500 or even $700 for that matter. Just jumped on a lot of very good bundles with a smattering of free keys here or there, and that really boosted my account level up. Some of my past 'AAA' humble bundles being the EA one, Deep Silver, 2k Games, Square Enix, and WB (batman games), all raked in many hundreds of dollars of value to my account, whilst in reality I paid about $1 to $9 USD for each bundle depending on which paywalls/games I wanted.

So yeah, SteamGifts probably isn't the best if you're a very casual gamer and use steam for 1 or 2 things (particularly now f2p games like Dota or TF2). However, if you're remotely interested in general pc gaming, a good bundle will easily net you that 'account value' + I can shoot you one or two links of still open offers for a couple of free games that will also add value (+ you know, being free games!).

It is? I thought the themes are pretty simple, and put in 1 screenshot I thought might be troublesome haha.

I forgot to mention this; If after 24 hours no correct list has been send in, I will post hints for all of 10 games you have to guess.

So from 24 hours, will it be 7pm tomorrow/today you post the hints?

Hints will be posted in roughly 4 hours after this post. They might be a little earlier then 6PM GMT as I do need to go somewhere tonight but I will post as close too it as I can.

Also, I will reply to the people who send in a list with how many they had right. So far I can tell you no complete lists has been send in and it is sitll anyones game.

The hints will mention the release year of the game, and overall will make it VERY easy to guess to games, in my humble opinion :P

Personally I was hoping the hint would the the platform the games are played on (Console, Nintendo, Steam etc.)

Year will be a help to guessing some though

I have just finished up writing the hints, and I have included the platforms already :D So it would like like (Example) : '#1 Released in 2014 (Xbox One & PS4) - Is the 3rd installment in this gaming series, and blablablabla'

But without the blablabla and actual info :P

I have just finished up writing the hints, and I have included the platforms already :D So it would like like (Example) : '#1 Released in 2014 (Xbox One & PS4) - Is the 3rd installment in this gaming series, and blablablabla'

But without the blablabla and actual info :P

I like the sound of that :)

Will be keeping an eye out for the hints

Hints

Video

#1 Released in 2006 (Xbox 360 & Windows) and 2007 (PS3) – It was the 4th release in this gaming franchise and many people were oblivious at the time to how big the game would be.

#2 Released in 2010 (Xbox 360 & PS3) – The 2nd release in this franchise by a very well-known publisher and left the players on a goal to redeem their characters past mistakes.

#3 Released in 2007 (All consoles, Mac and Windows) – The 4th release in this franchise that let players go play warfare in a modern setting for the first time.

#4 Released in 2008/2009 (Windows, Xbox 360 and PS3) – Part of a huge RTS franchise that let people command their army. This particular one featured the red army (Russian), putting all the players on alert to avoid being conquered.

#5 Released in 1998 (Playstation 1) – Two games were released prior in this franchise before this particular game, the franchise is still going very strong today, but this is the game that solidified the franchise, allowing people to move stealthy as a snake in this action-adventure game.

Screens

#1 Released in 2012 (Windows, Mac , Xbox 360 Arcade and US PSN Only) – A franchise that is very popular amongst PC gamers, and this latest release once again lets players strike on a global scale.

#2 Released in 2003 (Windows) – The 2nd and last game in a not well known game series, that let players play in World War 2 with soldiers that tried to remain hidden while still being dangerous.

#3 Released in 2011 (Windows ) and 2013 (Everything else) – A open ended sandbox 2D indie game that made people look for survival, and gave them a feel they were in a terrarium.

#4 Released in 1997/1998 (Playstation 1) – This game started a major racing game franchise, and its realism left the players at the time wanting to go on a gran tour themselves.

#5 Released in 1999 (Windows) and re-released in 2013 – This was the 2nd game in this RTS game series. Many people today played the game at a young age, and loved building their empire, leaving some wishing to live in the middle ages with kings.

--------------------------

A little bit early, but not by much.. But I have to go for a little bit. Personally I think this makes it very easy haha, hope you all agree and send in some more guesses :)

Good luck!

I cannot confirm or deny that :P Remember, the runner up also gets a price. So if there is someone with all 10 correct, and another sends in a correct list, they might still get runner up and win :) If there is no correct list for the runner up, the one with most correct guesses still gets 2nd place :)

I cannot confirm or deny that :P Remember, the runner up also gets a price. So if there is someone with all 10 correct, and another sends in a correct list, they might still get runner up and win :) If there is no correct list for the runner up, the one with most correct guesses still gets 2nd place :)

Ah okay. Started getting edgy about it since I would happily bet tycoon cash that I have all 10 correct now haha

And the winner is......

Grant Brophy (GBK16) ! Grant had 10 out of 10 correct and was the only one to do so.

The runner up is......

Mister Worldwide (shiftas) ! Shiftas had 7 out of 10 right.

Grant can pick one of the two games he likes, and Shiftas will get the remaining game.

The correct answers would have been;

THEMES

#1 - Elders Scrolls; Oblivion
#2 - Red Dead Redemption
#3 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare1
#4 - Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
#5 - Metal Gear Solid

SCREENSHOTS

#1 - Counter Strike: Global Offensive
#2 - Hidden and Dangerous 2
#3 - Terraria
#4 - Gran Turismo 1
#5 - Age of Empires II

Thanks to all who showed interrest and participated :)

Games will be send as soon Grant made a pick.