an old idea

edwardsfan

gyms are so generic. boring. elite coaches. nothing but.

why even have skill levels for coaches at this point? is there a such a thing as a proficient, strong coach in the game? I don't think mikes vision for gyms ever materialized. i think that gyms were broken/out of adjustment from the get go and it's just more than he could ever do to fix them. Or the real reason being it's more than the community would ever have allowed him to do. the community would not allow him to fix private gyms and money laundering. the old days were like the wild wild west and the gangsters ran the town.

but gyms would be so much more dynamic if retired fighters were hired to be the coaches at gyms. this game has been around for plenty long enough to have a really strong database of retired fighters for hire to be coaches.

the beauty of retired fighters being coaches is the "hidden" impact. retired fighters possess authentic fighter skill sets cultivated organically from actually being apart of the game. not just a generic 150 elite and useless everywhere else coach. But the gem here is they have unknown hidden attributes that could be utilized and add a whole other level to gym ownership and training.

if coaches could pass on their hidden attributes through training....even if for a short term boost just how dynamic could training fighters become at that point? especially since hiddens are guesswork to begin with.

gym selection would be important

coach selection would be critical

gym management would become fluid and dynamic vs boring and stagnant

• Upvote 7

gyms are so generic. boring. elite coaches. nothing but.

why even have skill levels for coaches at this point? is there a such a thing as a proficient, strong coach in the game? I don't think mikes vision for gyms ever materialized. i think that gyms were broken/out of adjustment from the get go and it's just more than he could ever do to fix them. Or the real reason being it's more than the community would ever have allowed him to do. the community would not allow him to fix private gyms and money laundering. the old days were like the wild wild west and the gangsters ran the town.

but gyms would be so much more dynamic if retired fighters were hired to be the coaches at gyms. this game has been around for plenty long enough to have a really strong database of retired fighters for hire to be coaches.

the beauty of retired fighters being coaches is the "hidden" impact. retired fighters possess authentic fighter skill sets cultivated organically from actually being apart of the game. not just a generic 150 elite and useless everywhere else coach. But the gem here is they have unknown hidden attributes that could be utilized and add a whole other level to gym ownership and training.

if coaches could pass on their hidden attributes through training....even if for a short term boost just how dynamic could training fighters become at that point? especially since hiddens are guesswork to begin with.

gym selection would be important

coach selection would be critical

gym management would become fluid and dynamic vs boring and stagnant

Concept is great and something that has already been discussed (retired fighters becoming coaches) but passing on hiddens is excessive to put it nicely. I do not think anybody has ever developed KO power boxing Mike Tyson or Hector Lombard... or heart training with TKZ... confidence is about the only thing that can realistically improve and decrease.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...