Tag Team Tournament Event

XxxtremeT13

This is just a feeler thread, not an official thread...Depending how this plays out I'll move to an official thread for actual signups and such.

I'm trying to do something different than typical and I have a few ideas to toss out for this to see what happens.

The idea is to have either 4 teams of 5 fighters or if enough interest is there 8 teams of 5 fighters....Or if there is enough interest but not enough for 40 fighters, then there could be 6 teams of 5 fighters.

interested managers can recruit what other managers they team up with...a team must consist of 5 different managers ( I would love for a few solid managers with experience take under their wing a slightly newer manager if possible)

There will be between 2 or 3 or 4 rounds (dependent upon the number of teams) and each round will consist of 5 fights (each fighter would be scheduled to face each fighter from other team).

Once fighters and teams are determined each team that faces each other will be drawn at random and once team matchups are determined the first 5 fights will be randomly selected.

each fighter is allowed 1 tag out per round (so in round 1 if a fighter has a matchup they aren't certain they can win then can tag another teammate to switch fights, which means that fighter would potentially face the same fighter twice or who knows maybe 5 times if they are tagged every time they face that fighter

winning team is determined by points system: finish win equals 2 points, decision win equals 1 point...decision loss is 0 points and finish loss is -1 point. If a fighter chooses to use their tag out the fighter they choose to face can earn a bonus 1 point for a win (finish is 3 and decision is 2) and the fighter who tags out gets -1 point for decision loss and -2 points for a finish loss since they tagged out to get "an easier" matchup.

**basically lets say that each team has the exact number of wins and the exact number of decision and finish wins (meaning same total of points) but 1 fighter tagged out and loss their tag out match..the other team would actually have earned at least 1 or 2 extra points for that fight and win their round.

team with most points moves on; championship round ending in a tie will result in 1 final tiebreaker event which no tag outs are allowed and you fight the fight matchup drawn at random.

Fights will take place every 16 days out of Hilo...these should avoid any potential issues with injuries or cuts

I have yet to decide if this will involve creation builds or have an ID range...if its an ID range it would either be open ID or ID's above 320K

weight class; in an effort to allow as many interested fighters as possible it will be 1 of 3 ways: 1: between 135 and 170 or 2: between 170 and 225 or 3: Open weight (which would play more a roll in tag out possibilities)

I have not decided on a payout structure for this yet: I'd like to get it as high as possible, but I'm fairly limited in the amount I can hand out for this: If there were managers that would want to donate to this, that would be great...I would love to get some sponsors involved..Maybe a clothing company and/or nutrition company sponsor a team and they wear/use their product of course.

THOUGHTS??????

EDIT 1: I've decided to avoid a creation event: Those are hype killers and I've almost got my company hype back to where it was when the weekly league tournament started back on Jan 19th. So, it will either be open ID or 320k and up (if your fighter is signed you'll have to make arrangements to be released for the duration of Tag Team Event.

EDIT 2: Maybe 1 or 2 companies could create a special Tag Team set of clothes for either all or half of the teams...or if there were 4,6 or 8 clothing companies that would want to create their own special line to sponsor a team??

• Upvote 2

If you do 320k + this could get really really interesting. Any combination of Camara + Fart Master/ Blake Phoenix wins this though.

Ibrahim Camara and Snake Duanesboy basically GG WP

haha..wow, sounds like someone is ready....I was thinking 320k as those fighters have basically built up skills pretty high and even enough so to compete and beat regular fighters below 300K, plus they haven't hit as much of a decline yet like fighters under 300k....at the same time are their enough fighters over 320k that match well....or would it better to do like 300k to 328k?

• Upvote 1

This sounds really fun but 320k+ is very specific and you might struggle to find managers with free fighters that fit that bill. Open ID or creation might be easier. Just my 2 cents but maybe I'm wrong.

That’s why I’m here. Seeing what it takes to get errrrr done. Open ID and an ID range are both on table, but I want to avoid another creation.

Definitely interested. I'd be happy to see if any managers at my org would want to take part and perhaps form a org team of sorts.

Sounds good...

Like I said...recruit your team... Not everyone will have read this, so if you know of managers that you think you can be successful with...message them and see if you can build a team.

This sounds amazing. Not sure if I will have a fighter for this, but fingers crossed.

A lot will depend on the ID and weight ranges....I personally at this point feel open ID and open weight would be best...it would also, play more a roll in the whole aspect of "tag team"...Think about it...lets say a fighter that weighs 250lbs tags out to face a fighter that weighs 150lbs and loses that 150lb fighter just earned his team an additional point and the 250lb fighter just lost an additional point for thinking he could take the little guy out! haha

• Upvote 1

A lot will depend on the ID and weight ranges....I personally at this point feel open ID and open weight would be best...it would also, play more a roll in the whole aspect of "tag team"...Think about it...lets say a fighter that weighs 250lbs tags out to face a fighter that weighs 150lbs and loses that 150lb fighter just earned his team an additional point and the 250lb fighter just lost an additional point for thinking he could take the little guy out! haha

I know a dude that weights 600 lbs