Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali

bjornmma1

This is what I am trying to say. This is the reason Klichko brothers would take to decision any of these guys.

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4365205/Wladimir_Klitschko_vs._Alex_Leapai.gif

So essentially what you're saying is Lennox Lewis is the greatest boxer of all time??? I mean he beat Vitali so he must be, right???

Please get out of here with that Klitschko brother crap. They would both easily lose to Tyson and Ali and have fought guys that nobody here has ever heard of in the last 3-4 years (I'm guessing). The last big name I can think of was Wladimir vs David Haye back in 2011 or Vitali vs Shannon Briggs in 2010.

• Upvote 1

They would both easily lose to Tyson and Ali and have fought guys that nobody here has ever heard of in the last 3-4 years (I'm guessing). The last big name I can think of was Wladimir vs David Haye back in 2011 or Vitali vs Shannon Briggs in 2010.

I think that has to do with the fact that boxing is not quite what it used to be. Most people have stopped following it and there really is nothing out there worth watching, especially at HW.

• Downvote 2

mike Tyson at 21 years old could beat any man to ever put on gloves ! you want to talk speed tyson was fast real fast and could slip punch better than anyone and lets not for get smoke in Joe gave ali a lot of trouble with his peek a boo style and tyson was faster and hit hard than he did tyson was more than power he was a great boxer who could have beat any of the greats

• Downvote 1

So essentially what you're saying is Lennox Lewis is the greatest boxer of all time??? I mean he beat Vitali so he must be, right???

Did you even see that fight? He was winning the fight it was stopped because of cut. If you really think that he would loose it or would loose rematch you have to quit watching sports period.

Why the FUCK are yall even debating about the klitscho brothers??? If you cant look at their competition and understand they fought nobody compared to every HOF boxer that Ali fought you can count about 17 fights with 10 boxing hall of famers on Ali's resume.

Vitaly was up 2 points with 6 rounds remaining on Lennox with a fucked up eye. If youve ever watched Lennox,he takes over in the late rounds so that probably was trouble, neither one of them fought anyone worth mention. Hell Floyd Mayweather and Bernard Hopkins fought more Hall of fame competition than both of them combined.I'd even say Carl Froch had better competition dealing with Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor and Glen Johnson.

Turn Biased-European mode off and look at whats real, they took over a heavyweight division when the world's best BIG athletes chased more money in the NFL,MMA and other sports.

Major boxing websites and sports news pages say the Klitscho brothers havent fought anyone... Only half decent fighter is Bermane Stiverne and he has a fight booked

When comparing Tyson and Ali why do people talk about how fast Tyson was at 21 years old and then cite the fact that Ali had troubles with Frazier when Ali was 30 years old?When Ali was 21 he was the fastest most elusive fighter the sport had ever seen.

His troubles with frazier = 2 wins, one by tko and one loss by decision

then lest we forget .....

Henry Cooper

Fishy business was going on there,smelling salts and gloves breaking nshit... i still see Ali using his range and peppering Tyson. Most of Tyson's opponents were too scared to fight their game, but Buster Douglas showed a blueprint for Holyfield and Lennox to follow. Theres no blueprint for Ali.

Mike was amazing but KOs make the "eye-test" hard to process

Why the FUCK are yall even debating about the klitscho brothers??? If you cant look at their competition and understand they fought nobody compared to every HOF boxer that Ali fought you can count about 17 fights with 10 boxing hall of famers on Ali's resume.

Vitaly was up 2 points with 6 rounds remaining on Lennox with a fucked up eye. If youve ever watched Lennox,he takes over in the late rounds so that probably was trouble, neither one of them fought anyone worth mention. Hell Floyd Mayweather and Bernard Hopkins fought more Hall of fame competition than both of them combined.I'd even say Carl Froch had better competition dealing with Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor and Glen Johnson.

Turn Biased-European mode off and look at whats real, they took over a heavyweight division when the world's best BIG athletes chased more money in the NFL,MMA and other sports.

Major boxing websites and sports news pages say the Klitscho brothers havent fought anyone... Only half decent fighter is Bermane Stiverne and he has a fight booked

Why we are debating them? Maybe because they are dominating HW boxing scene for more then 10 years? How do you describe HOF boxer? The guy who is winning fights but if there is one dominant champion how others can become HOF boxers? The 185 division in UFC had no HOF fighters because Anderson was knocking out every left and right but the 205 division have a lot of legends because they where changing tittles after every title fight and that is the truth like it or not. Ali did fight in era when boxing was much more popular and better promoted. If Don King would be the king promoter still in boxing Klichko brothers would also fight the same amount of HOF boxers as Ali.

Yes Vitaly was winning the fight and 2 points in 6 rounds is a lot if you know anything about boxing. Yes the eye was bad but how did he got the cut? If both brothers hold all major HW tittles and no other fighters can beat them for more than 10 years from where do you think these HOF fighter will come from? You have to win tittles to be HOF fighter but if two brother are holding them for more than 10 years you will never be HOF fighter. And why did Lennox Lewis decline the rematch with Vitaly? I can tell you why because even he knew he would loose it and that he got very lucky when he won the fight with the cut when he was loosing.

The problem with HW boxing is that its boring not that it doesnt have any stars in it. When Tyson was fighting and knocking everyone out left and right there also was no starts but Tyson wasnt boring and thats the only difference between him and Klichko brothers. I understand that and I dont like to watch their fights because they really fight almost with only jab and win decisions but to say that they have no change against these two is just dumb.

And when people say that only good fighter Vitaly have face is Davind Haye you know why is that? Yes because he did hold the only major HW title brothers did not have and after they won it I dont see how they can face HOF fighter when no one can beat them or win any major tittles.

• Downvote 2

If its about 10 year dominance, Bernard Hopkins dominated for 20, do you say he's the best??? Ali dominated 17 against other HOF boxers back when people globally cared about boxing. As for with Lennox, His eye wasnt going to last for 6 more rounds, therefore a scorecard didnt even matter. If you cant see, you cant win. period.

I never said Tyson fought a ton of good opponents in fact i asked who has he fought... And i like Iron Mike but im realistic.

Youre biased so you cant see how silly your statements are

If its about 10 year dominance, Bernard Hopkins dominated for 20, do you say he's the best??? Ali dominated 17 against other HOF boxers back when people globally cared about boxing. As for with Lennox, His eye wasnt going to last for 6 more rounds, therefore a scorecard didnt even matter. If you cant see, you cant win. period.

I never said Tyson fought a ton of good opponents in fact i asked who has he fought... And i like Iron Mike but im realistic.

Youre biased so you cant see how silly your statements are

I was not counting Lennox Lewis lost because he did retire after the fight with Vitaly and Vitaly was and remained the champion so he was on the top for 14 years. Now that he has retired his brother is the best HW at the moment and also has been on the top for more than 10 years.

Bernard Hopkins is very good fighter. He is 49 years old and still winning title fights so of course I could say he could be the best in his weight. The thing you dont understand is I never told Vitaly or Wladimir is the best but you saying that they have no chance against Ali or Tyson is just dumb. Of course they could loose but they could also win. If I had to put my money on the fight for example against Tyson I would put on Vitaly to win decision and I think that is the possible outcome.

Lewis retired because he was over the hill. I saw him live at Earls Court when he beat Ruddock, in Cardiff when he beat Bruno and in Vegas against Tucker. He was old and slow when he fought Vitali, not the lean fighter when I saw him.

It is like saying the Marciano v Louis match up defined who was the best, Louis was a grandad and needed the money and Marciano a young man. But no one uses that fight as a benchmark.

However Lewis won, old, fat and slow and peak Vitali did not take him apart.

• Upvote 3

And you know why he did retire? Because if he did not retire he would have to fight Vitaly again and he knew he would loose to him. If you dont understand that you have to quit watching sports period.

Because he was 38 and didnt want to end up like other boxers who had issues functioning later on in life due to head trauma. That couldn't be a legitimate reason though could it.

Lewis retired because he was over the hill. I saw him live at Earls Court when he beat Ruddock, in Cardiff when he beat Bruno and in Vegas against Tucker. He was old and slow when he fought Vitali, not the lean fighter when I saw him.

This.

It is like saying the Marciano v Louis match up defined who was the best, Louis was a grandad and needed the money and Marciano a young man. But no one uses that fight as a benchmark.

Yes sure and now the excuses that he was slow and old.

Because he was 38 and didnt want to end up like other boxers who had issues functioning later on in life due to head trauma. That couldn't be a legitimate reason though could it.

Of course there would be trauma after he would fight Vitaly again he would get smashed into living death.

• Downvote 3

Ali would have beaten Tyson fairly easy... I like Mike but if you ever seen him fight in the Golden Gloves in NY you wouldve seen a totally different fighter than what you seen on TV... He was too predictable and Ali would have toyed with that... Marciano was very much like Mike Tyson or I should say Mike was like Rocky... My favorite boxer though was Sugar Ray Robinson. I loved watching the old fighters that could fight 150 fights and still smile, and his life story was great. I did my book reports on Robinson in High School.

I was also a big fan of Ken Norton and Boom Boom Mancini whos career ended after his tragic fight with Duk Ku Kim <--- (talk about having Heart as a Hidden I dont think anyone could beat Kim in that catagory) .

• Upvote 1