MMA Tycoon Episode 7: It's been a long time coming!

markyosullivan

Hello everyone!

First up, I want to thank Grant Brophy (GBK16) for stepping up to join me again on the podcast to record episode 7. If it weren't for Grant, I'd be talking to myself about MMA Tycoon topics and probably the only entertainment value from that would be listening to me mispronounce every fighter from MMA Tycoon during the recording, so big thanks to him for joining me and sharing his thoughts and views.

A special shout out to our podcast editor, a fellow Corporation member, John Hetfield (Beck) who has made the job of getting this episode out a lot easier by going ahead and editing it for us. We're fortunate to have John help us out and use his spare time to edit our podcast and polish it up so it sounds a bit more professional :D

Secondly, I want to apologise to Bjorn and whoever else was looking forward to a follow up episode to episode 6. Myself and Grant realised before recording that it had been over a year (something around 1 year 2 months) since the last episode, so there's been a lot of things which never got covered since the last episode. I guess with me being in my final year of University, I sort of had to prioritise other things in my life and my spare time was very limited, so the last thing I wanted to do was spend a couple hours doing research then recording a podcast. Recently I've found I tend to have the majority of my Sunday's free so that's how I managed to get this episode recorded :)

I mention Bjorn because I know how many times he bumped the podcast thread, so he clearly wanted it back :P Of course he's going to enjoy this one whenever he listens to my thoughts on the Olympics SHW division, less said about that the better! :OMG:

Finally, any thoughts on the topics can be posted here and if you want to get involved either by being on the show or doing something else, let us know. I don't want to say when the next episode will be recorded as I honestly don't know but who knows, perhaps we'll be able to make the podcast a more frequent thing again.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 14

///

I mention Bjorn because I know how many times he bumped the podcast thread, so he clearly wanted it back :P Of course he's going to enjoy this one whenever he listens to my thoughts on the Olympics SHW division, less said about that the better! :OMG:

///

Brilliant! I can't deny it, you made me smile Marky :toot:

Thanks for the podcast guys! Hopefully this can become somewhat frequent again, as it's a great way to recap stuff.

The podcast is something a lot of people always look forward to and enjoy, not just me ;)

It was great though. GBK sounds like an awesome guy and he got my respect. The only thing guys, please, don't make 50% or more of the podcast consisting olympics because only those who participate or run them actually want to hear it. The cheating scandal and every other stuff was great content and was a pleasure to hear, the olympics though... All in all, I rate it 9/10 only because of the olympics. :)

• Upvote 3

you taking a piss here right? i havent listened to it yet, but i heard enough of GBK to make this question. :shades:

no for real. I've always imagined him like a cocky knowing everything type of guy which you just want to hate, but damn he speaks reasonably and seems like a nice guy.

• Upvote 1

I admire their passion.

I had it on and my wife's saying what the hell is that? I'm proudly saying there are thousands of guys much sadder than me about tycoon, their problem is much worse.

Thanks lads.

She still thinks the UFC is gay men cuddling, but the podcast bought me a reprieve.

First part sounds like how my Wife feels about it.

Second part not at all, she used to watch every UFC event with me before her work schedule changed.

I admire their passion.

I had it on and my wife's saying what the hell is that? I'm proudly saying there are thousands of guys much sadder than me about tycoon, their problem is much worse.

Thanks lads.

She still thinks the UFC is gay men cuddling, but the podcast bought me a reprieve.

Man, try doing tycoon avatars. The reaction I get from my girlfriend when I do some kinda weird facial surgery on fake fighter faces is so judgemental. :(

• Upvote 2

Man, try doing tycoon avatars. The reaction I get from my girlfriend when I do some kinda weird facial surgery on fake fighter faces is so judgemental. :(

First part sounds like how my Wife feels about it.

Wow guys i have a song dedicated to you poor whipped saps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyizX4kWtD8

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:thumbup: I enjoyed that. Thank you for those kind words Grant.

• Upvote 1

It was great though. GBK sounds like an awesome guy and he got my respect. The only thing guys, please, don't make 50% or more of the podcast consisting olympics because only those who participate or run them actually want to hear it. The cheating scandal and every other stuff was great content and was a pleasure to hear, the olympics though... All in all, I rate it 9/10 only because of the olympics. :)

Well shit man, thanks for the kind words :D I agree with the point on the Olympics, main reason it took a while is we felt that if we skipped through it quickly we wouldn't really do it justice. A few teething problems as we look to get back into it but the criticism for lack of a better word is the best way for us to look at how to improve. What we used to do was keep a kind of timer on the topics and as we hit the limit we would look to wrap the topic up and move on so we'll be looking at that for the next one. It doesn't help that we had a lot more time to talk with no guests on this episode also.

looooooool

that is on the money without a little less hate part.. thats how he is 90% of the time. I guess the podcast falls in the 10% :D

I'll shit talk all I want in Dota 2, but no place for that on the Podcast haha

:thumbup: I enjoyed that. Thank you for those kind words Grant.

You're welcome Kanis, glad you enjoyed the episode

Hopefully we can do another episode sometime in the next month or two, really dependent on how the times fall for us but hopefully we can also get a couple of new guests who haven't appeared before on the next episode.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

haven't listened to this yet, keep forgetting my headphones at work..

I used to hide my phone from her view until she thought I was texting other girls, so I had to show her mmatycoon - I wish I just told her I was messaging other girls instead, the embarrassment was not worth it lol

• Upvote 6