ITFL Season 2 Preview: Hell's Balls Nutrition

j666

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1361817591itfl2.png

INTERNATIONAL TEAM FIGHTING LEAGUE

SEASON 2 PREVIEW:

TEAM HELL'S BALLS NUTRITION

*I woke up to the beautiful tones of my binaural alarm clock and the smell of fresh brewed coffee. As I laid there, I thought about how great technology was. Having all of my morning's rituals already up and roaring before I even step foot out of my bed. Getting the best sleep I've ever had due to scientific...beats. Life was great.

As I walked through my house, I checked my phone. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a few messages and a bunch of Facebook and Twitter notifications. I immersed myself into my coffee and began to check my messages. It was the usual stuff for the most part, then I saw one from "Fuse" aka Sean McDonnel...*

*via text message...

Fuse: yo hit me up asap. got a job 4 ya

*That looked interesting. Sean has been running the ITFL and if I recall, the first season just ended. I got a bit excited at the idea of covering the new season. That would keep me busy and paid for quite a while, and I needed the cash. I sipped my coffee, trying not to get my hopes up, but was having a hard time not texting back.

I read my Twitter feed and found out some other interesting news. Sonny Muchacho had answered JBomb's call and decided to come out of hiding. It seemed that Hellbent was back in his hands and getting some attention. He hired Chuck back and got the shop restocked. I'd have to remember to call JBomb about that a bit later, I had to see what Fuse wanted...the suspense was killing me.*

*via cellphone...

McDonnel: "Hey man, you gotta fly out to Hilo as soon as you can."

Reporter: "You mind tellin' me what this is all about?"

McDonnel: "ITFL...wanna cover it!?"

*I tried very hard to hide my excitement*

Reporter: "Absolutely!"

McDonnel: "Great! Fly out here and we'll go through all the details. I'll have a ticket for ya at McCarran."

Reporter: "I'm on my way!"

...*hangs up phone*...

*During my flight out to Hilo, I managed to get in touch with Kelly McGrady of Team Syndicate Nutrition. She's an odd duck but assured me that she would be around while I was out on the island. I also got a hold of The Antidote, another odd one, and tried to set up a meeting but he was very secretive. I'm not entirely sure what we just talked about but I would try my hardest to get to him while out here. No sense in flying back out when I can just do it all in one shot and fly out to Tokyo to see my old friend...Big Boss.

I landed and surprisingly, Eric Legion was there to pick me up. We walk to his immaculate Audi R8 *

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/audi-r8-gets-custom-concave-vossen-wheels-photo-gallery-53127-7.jpg

Reporter: "Still out here huh?"

Legion: "Can you think of a better place?"...*throws luggage in the trunk*...

Reporter: "Damn this ride is nice. I need to get out here more often."

Legion: "She sure is, if ya need a place, I can set you up. We got a nice little..."

Reporter: "Quit selling and drive, man. I got shit to do."

Legion: "Right..."...*hits the gas pedal*..."So...how ya been?"

Reporter: "Good. What's new?"

Legion: "You hear about JBomb?"

Reporter: "You mean the Takeover?"

Legion:...*driving*..."Naw, man...Sonny's back."

Reporter: "Well yeah...What's J gonna do?"

Legion: "He's gonna open a new joint. Start brand new."

Reporter: "Huh...I definitely better call him soon."

Legion: "Yep."...*continues driving*...

Reporter: "So who you like in this second season, man?"

Legion: "ITFL?...kinda hard not to go with Team Reaper isn't it? I mean all those guys are top notch."

Reporter: "Yeah, they look pretty good right now."

Legion: "We're almost there..."

*After about 10 minutes, we arrive at Sean McDonnel's mansion. Legion drops me off, leaves my bags and has to take off. Sean meets me at the door and gives me a quick tour of the grounds...*

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/j666/18184014-0_zps6e138b44.jpg

Reporter: "This is great, man! Yeah...real nice out here. Can't believe Legion picked me up. I haven't seen him in years."

McDonnel: "Thanks. Yeah, I called JBomb and asked if he would Ask Eric to go get ya. I know you guys go way back. Actually, he sold me this place..."...*extends arms out*..."Most guys get into MMA and want to make millions while this guy is the only guy I know who LEFT MMA to go make millions...dude's rollin' in it! HAHAHA! Come out back and meet everybody...it's grillin' time!"

Reporter: "Everybody's out here already?"

McDonnel: "Well, not yet but they will be soon enough. In the meantime, we'll have some drinks and bullshit, huh? C'mon..."

*We walked farther through the backyard and came upon a nice pavillion where Chad Kaufman had the grill already started. Chuck W, Danny Power, Shavo Odin and Devin Styles had a game of dominoes going on one of the tables. The brothers, Tony Albrecht and Chris Partridge were relaxing, sipping drinks overlooking the beach with two beautiful women. Chuck Grace was on the phone, pacing as always while James Lowich, Dane Ford and Andy Mugler were taking bets on an impromptu arm wrestling match between Kyle Carlton and Harold Howard. It looked like Howard was going to be victorious when Evander Holyshit walked over, flipped the table and began laughing hysterically.

Lowich was calling for a rematch when Tom Ryan came walking out of the smokehouse with a full pig. This barbecue was about to get good.

After we ate, Sean brought me a drink and we discussed what exactly I was being hired for. We also discussed my favorite topic, money...and Sean had plenty. The thought of taking on such a daunting task like this can only be quelled by cash. Interviews with all of the teams, managers and fighters, event previews and a few picks here and there. My frequent flyer miles were going to spike for the first time since the King of the Playground fiasco...*

Reporter: "How about we start right now, Sean?"

McDonnel:...*sips his drink*..."Cool with me."

Reporter: "So how did the ITFL come about?"

McDonnel: "I first got the idea to create ITFL when Ryan Minard decided to start the 5th Round Fight Team. I really liked the concept of clothing companies sponsoring guys and building a team around their brand and it reminded me of the old org IFL.

Johnny Lee Paris and I discussed a few different formats and settled on the one currently instituted."

Reporter: "Do you like it so far? I mean, once things got ironed out and all?"

McDonnel: "Yeah, the first season was a little bit of a clusterfuck!"...*laughs*...

Reporter: "How so?"

McDonnel: "Well, my hand was forced a bit by Max McRiot, who I felt was going to steal my concept after I wouldn’t let him run events over at NFC."

Reporter: "You didn't want any help then?"

McDonnel: "No. I'm a grown man and that bastard was just trying to hijack the entire thing. I know better than that shit!"...*takes another sip off his drink and coughs a bit*...

Reporter: "What do you think of your team so far?"

McDonnel: "My team has 4 legit heavyweight prospects on it. The two guys entering from my camp, Fatu and Badoyan, are 2 of the most skilled prospects I have ever had the pleasure of coaching and I expect big things from both of those guys. We also have a fighter out of the Blunts camp who is one scary motherfucker..."

Reporter: "Who's that?"

McDonnel: "Sherif Fathy."

Reporter: "Ah yes, that dude is a knock out machine."

McDonnel: "Fuck yes, he is! Also on our team is a good young wrestling prospect from Tony Albrecht. He has yet to make his professional debut but from what I have seen of him in the gym, I think guys will have a lot to worry about if they’re matched up against him. He should be here a bit later."

Reporter: "Excellent..."

McDonnel: "Last but not least is a featherweight coming from the Chuck W camp. He’s primarily a boxer from what I have seen

but I can’t wait to see more."

Reporter: "Sabah Nur, correct?"

McDonnel: "You did your homework..."...*raises his glass*..."Yep, that's the guy."...*takes a drink*...

Reporter: "Out of everyone in the ITFL, which fighter scares you the most?"

McDonnel: "I don’t fear anybody, really. There are a lot of great fighters taking part in this season, as well as a lot of terrific managers. Most of the teams look like they’ll be pretty competitive, so I expect a great season, but let’s be honest here for a second...everyone else is here for 2nd place."...*empties his glass and raises it for a refill*...

Reporter: "IS there any manager you least want to face? You know, not necessarily someone you fear but maybe someone you don't do so well against or haven't done well against in the past?"

McDonnel: "Well that’s the easiest question you’ve asked me all day..."...*receives his new drink from a beautiful Hawaiian woman, grass skirt and all*..."Ethan Downs."...*takes a drink*...

Reporter: "Really...explain..."

McDonnel: "Hands DOWN...HAHAHA!"...*Evander Holyshit and a couple other fighters all share a laugh*..."Seriously though, that dude’s fighters have owned mine EVERYTIME I have been matched up against him...fuck!"

Reporter: "Dude's in your kitchen."

McDonnel: "My kitchen?"

Reporter: "It's a figure of speech, nevermind...tell me why you guys are going to dominate this tournament. Why is everyone else fighting for 2nd place?"

McDonnel:...*takes a drink and yells for Tony Albrecht to come over*..."Dude...we have no weakness at all. We have a great mixture of wrestlers and strikers on our team. In fact, several of our guys are very strong in both aspects of the fight..."...*Albrecht walks over and McDonnel starts asking about Jonas Blane. Albrecht assures Sean that Blane is on his way*..."All of our guys have been working out with some of the elite fighters in MMA and you can really see the growth in a short time. Combine that with the excellent managers I have brought together here, to form this team and I think we’re definitely one of the favorites to walk away with both team and individual championships."

Reporter: "That's a bold statement. Some might even say it's quite cocky..."

McDonnel: "Call it what you want..."

*Vaimaa Fatu walks by and Sean calls him over. Fatu grabs a drink and takes a seat as McDonnel gets up*

McDonnel: "I gotta go see a man about a horse..."...*stumbles off*...

Reporter: "Vaimaa, how's it going?"

Fatu: "Good."

Reporter: "So how do you feel about the league format?"

Fatu: "I don’t really concern myself with those kinds of details. It’s really not important to me because once the cage door closes, it does not matter who is standing across from me...the fight is going to ending the same way."

Reporter: "And that is?"

Fatu: "Them out cold."

Reporter: "I see. Who is the fighter you least want to face?"

Fatu: "How about, I will give you the fighter I MOST want to face instead?"

Reporter: "Okay, that works..."

Fatu: "It is Colin Croft. Everything I hear about this guy...'he’s a real bad ass in the gym' and 'he comes from a camp that’s pretty well respected by most guys'. All those shit, you know? For such a bad ass in the gym, I am wondering why the pussy only has 1 fight? Only 1 fight, huh?..."...*stands up*..."Maybe he is too afraid of getting hit, so he likes to just play pretend fighter in gym! When he steps in the cage across from me, there is going to be no timeouts and no place to run! My fist is going to hit his face and then he is going to hit the mat!"

Reporter: "Your family has a rich history with professional wrestling. Why did you choose MMA over something like the WWE?"

Fatu:...*still standing*..."I wish to make my people proud by becoming the first Samoan MMA Champion! Other Samoans have made good in WWE and other professional wrestling but none have dominated MMA!"...*walks away as he smacks fists off of his chest and begins to yell into the night*...

*After i had another plate, Tony Albrecht approached me and told me that Jonas Blane, his fighter for the ITFL, would not be able to show up due to his "plane being delayed". There was something suspicious in the way he said "plane being delayed" so I had to dig a little bit deeper. Tony is a very laid back and modest manager so it was nice to actually get him to talk...and he had some great stories to tell about Blane.

As it turns out, Blane is one hell of an individual...

Blane is a former Ranger and Special Forces-qualified senior NCO, leading Alpha Team of the 1st Special Actions Group. He is competent in Arabic, French, German, Persian, Portuguese, and Spanish. He lives in Montreal with his wife, Molly and daughter, Betsy.

Once, while in the Balkans, a war criminal who Blane's team is to apprehend gets a good look at Blane's face. When the criminal escapes from UN custody, he tracks Blane back to Fort Griffith, the 303rd's Headquarters. When Alpha Team leaves the post to celebrate the marriage of unit commander Colonel Tom Ryan, the war criminal kills a few workers and injures Mrs. Ryan and Blane.

A few months later, after being assigned to active duty once again, while in Pakistan, Blane and his team prevented the spread of weaponized smallpox by members of al-Qaeda.

His team is also responsible for the downfall of the world's foremost illegal weapons dealer. A member of his team, Hector Williams was killed during a mission to Beirut. Jonas conducted an unauthorized mission of personal vengeance on those he held responsible.

He is also ahard taskmaster. He effortlessly commands the respect of his men and is extremely patriotic, pushing himself hardest of all. However this self-centeredness sometimes alienates people outside his unit in a detrimental manner. He is also very ruthless, never hesitating to kill in cold blood and nearly always puts the mission first. On three occasions, he has tortured enemies for information by shooting them in the kneecap.

His medal ribbons include a Bronze Star and Purple Heart, although they were, presumably, awarded before he joined his unit, whose members do not seem to receive decorations for their heroism.

Albrecht was about to continue but the beautiful woman he was sitting with earlier came back and led him off towards the beach. I was going to go talk to Tigran Badoyan but he was very drunk and ready to hit the hay. I guess that was my cue and I decided to grab a few drinks with Danny Power and Chauncey Silvestre. We partied well into the night...there's plenty for me to do tomorrow, but for right now, I was falling back in love with Hilo.*

...to be continued

• Upvote 16

http://m4.i.pbase.com/u8/victor_t/upload/1536044.HiloSunrise.jpg

*I woke up to possibly the most beautiful sunrise ever. I stood in awe, sipping my coffee, when a huge presence came up to my right-hand side. I looked over, too amazed by the sunrise for fear, and noticed the large mammal...Tigran Badoyan.

I didn't know him well, only what Sean has told me...

He lives with an inner rage that comes out when he’s locked in the MMA cage because it represents the cage he feels he has lived in his entire life.He's also a bit of a loner. His father was an Armenian drug lord and his mother ran away with him, when he was just a baby, in order to escape that life because she didn’t want that for her son. Tigran was always using fake names and having to move around so he never got the chance to make many friends. He only took up martial arts just in case he ever needed to protect himself, or his mother.

After a few moments of silence...he spoke.*

Badoyan: "I find it very intriguing that the match-ups aren’t done based on rank or anything like that. It’s a bit of a crap shoot if you think about it...with the coaches making the picks and you don’t know who you’re going to fight until the week of the fight, usually. A lot different than how fights typically go in this business, where you sign a contract a few months out from the fight and have a lot of time to prepare for a single opponent. Still, I am big and strong..."...*takes a deep breath*..."...and my wrestling game is top notch! I really don’t see too many guys who are going to be able to keep the fight standing against me. I think my ability to dictate where the fight takes place and my determination to enforce my will on my opponent is going to take me a long way in ITFL!"

Reporter:...*sips coffee, dumbfounded*...

Badoyan: "Also, I know that we are on the same team and there is really no chance of this fight happening unless we’d meet up in the individual tournament but I get to train with Fatu everyday and he’s an absolute killer. I'd really hate to have to square off with that guy and pity any fool that faces him!"

Reporter:...*spits out coffee, almost laughing*...

Badoyan: "You okay?"

Reporter:...*nods head, regains composure*...

Badoyan:...*takes another deep breath*..."Okay...good talk."...*walks away*...

*I literally had no words. He just came out of nowhere, reverse interviewed me and then as quickly as he started, he ended. Not to mention the eloquence of his speech. The travel must have taken a lot of the Armenian accent out of him. He seemed very even keeled yet sure of his abilities...confident, intimidating...scary. ITFL better watch out for this guy.

As I sat and watch the waves roll in and the sun wiggle it's way up into the sky, I got a text...it was my old friend, Big Boss:

*via text message...

Big Boss: when u hedin to tokyo?

Me: soon. in hilo w fuse

Big Boss: call later

Me: will do

*I decided it was time to get my poop in a group and head for a shower and some breakfast. As I walked back into the house, I noticed Chuck W sitting there with a cup of joe, reading the newspaper. Charles Martel, Dane Ford and Chad Kaufman were all gathered around the T.V. , watching some new MMA program on ESPN 6. Soon James Lowich and Devin Styles joined...it was becoming quite the congregation. I looked over at Chuck and without even lifting his eyes from the newspaper, he said:

Chuck W: "They wanna see if Kyle, Danny and Chauncey are gonna be on."

Reporter: "But isn't this pre-rec..."

Chuck W: "Not this new one...live shit right here."...*points to the T.V.

*I turned and looked...

Ladies and gentlemen, after 5 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Daniel Franklin scores the fight 45:50

Judge Cecil Peabody scores the fight 47:48

Judge Tiny Johnson scores the fight 46:49

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Chauncey Silvestre!

Chauncey Silvestre is the new Featherweight champion!

Our winner, Chauncey Silvestre, made sure he spent some time buttering up the crowd during his post fight interview, which will no doubt bring him a few more fans.

Commentator: "As expected, there was some great wrestling ability there by Silvestre, but what really surprised us in this one was his ability to dominate even the striking...an area we all felt that Rose had a slight advantage. Kudos to Silvestre, McDonnel and their entire camp for some great gameplanning and execution. Congratulations for picking up another illustrious championship for the trophy room!"

*Power lands a brutal head kick. Higashikuni looks out on his feet and Power throws more strikes until the ref is forced to stop the fight!*

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:17 of round 5, we have a winner by way of TKO (Kick and Punches). Danny Power!

Danny Power is the new Featherweight champion!

Post fight, an emotional Danny Power said "RANDOLPH!!! You think that you're hunting me down for my #1 ranking and this here gold belt!"...*holds up title*..."but the hunter is about to become the hunted! I'm coming for you!"...*walks out of the cage*...

Commentator: "Power really came out on fire in this one, cutting Higashikuni with a nasty uppercut early and then just moments later, rocking Higashikuni with a wicked left. Higashikuni never fully recovered from that, I believe. He soldiered on, even got a nice slam on Power in the 4th but ultimately succumbed to a brutal head kick. That's 7 in a row for Power and now he gets an opportunity to avenge his last loss against Sly Randolph. Don't miss that one folks...SAVE THE DATE!"

*Ironz drops his hands for a split second and Carlton immediately capitalizes on the opportunity by smashing a powerful hook into Ironz face, sending his mouthguard sailing through the air, much to the delight of the crowd. Carlton follows up with a right hand that knocks Ironz into next week. He's out cold and this fight is over!*

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:22 of round 2, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Kyle Carlton!

Kyle Carlton is the new Heavyweight champion!

A victorious Kyle Carlton thanked his army of followers in his post fight interview, telling people to make sure they follow him on Twitter.

Commentator: "Carlton was on point in this match while Ironz looked a bit over-anxious and sloppy. This is number 6 in a row for Carlton who is now #2 P4P in the world rankings. It doesn't look like there are many that can withstand his onslaught. Who'll be the next to step up?...we'll see soon enough!"

Well, that's it for us folks, for all of us at Random Live MMA Show...have a great day."

*The crew exchanged high-fives and hugs as they cheered for their alliancemate's victories. Huge fights for these guys...huge wins...they would be a scary team in the ITFL for sure.

As I stepped out of the shower, it was quiet...too quiet, but there was a smell, a smell I've loved since childhood...bacon. Breakfast was ready as I flew down the stairs. Now, I always love breakfast, but after a heavy night of drinking, there's nothing better. I wolfed down helping after helping of scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, toast and hashbrowns. I must've had 3 glasses of orange juice to wash it all down and as I sat there stuffed, the guys devoured more and more...talking about the ESPN show still.

These beasts kept chowing down, eating enough for a small army and suddenly I now knew what took breakfast so long to happen...preparation!

I had my fill and stepped out on to the porch. I was joined by Blunts Allday and Sherif Fathy. They laid a verbal blitzkrieg on me that would make Hitler happy. These two were cocky, arrogant, and well...blunt. We walked out to the pool and were joined by Wiz Khalifa and Willie Nelson, of all people.*

Reporter: "So Blunts...What first interested you about the ITFL?"

Allday: "What interested me in ITFL? Let's see, I'm not sayin' it was for the money, but...it was for the money."...*laughs*..."Let's face it, you can't fill up these blunts without them Ben Franklins! Speaking of..."...*pulls a blunt from his chest pocket and lights it*..."I saw the opponent list and figured that this will be some quick cash for sure, dude. Plus, I felt it couldn't hurt establishing my place amongst all these managers who think they can touch my awesomeness"...*exhales and passes to Khalifa*...

Reporter: "Is it weird if I keep tripping out on the fact that Willie Nelson is here?

Allday: "C'mon, bro...you don't get starstruck do ya?"

Reporter: "No but it's weird!"

Nelson:...*takes the blunt from Khalifa, takes a huge hit and passes it to Allday*..."Why?"...*exhales*..

Reporter: "Bah! Nevermind...Fathy, what got you into the ITFL...other than your manager? Like, do you like the league format and style?"

Fathy: "League format?...I really don't care about a league format. I am here to fight and fight only, if they want to decide who I murder, so be it. If they want to throw a whole team in against me, we will call it mass murder..."

Khalifa:...*laughs and coughs*..."Listen to this super serious mu'fucka!"...*laughs more and takes the blunt from Blunts*...

Fathy:...*glares*..."Let me put it this way. I am the definition of awesome, and with Blunts in my corner and the rest of Team HB as support, shit's going to get real."

...*more laughter from Khalifa and Nelson*...

Allday: "Where the fuck is Bauer and Scarlett"

Reporter: "Scarlett?"

Allday: "Yeah, bro...Johanssen. She's a fine little piece o..."

Reporter: "You mean to tell me that you're fu..."

Allday:...*stands up*..."There she is! Come over here for a minute! Jack...where the fuck you been?"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MRnuWyMlN0k/UVuhLtzqb5I/AAAAAAAAAYM/IJB7I9_P4S8/s400/Scarlett_Johansson_elle2013.jpg

Bauer: "Savin' the world?...again..."...*laughs, sits down and starts cleaning his pistol*...

Reporter: I give up...I just can't...this is weird.."...*stands up*...

Allday: "Weirder than people throwin' around guns and takin' over companies? Chill bro...ask your next question...c'mon."

Reporter:...*pauses*..."Okay fine...describe your team for me."...*sits back down*...

Allday: "Let's just say this, I don't really need to go into this with any hypin' my team or myself up bullshit...if any of these guys want to know the reputation behind Team Hell's Balls, just have them ask their girlfriends, sisters, and in most cases...mothers!"...*laughter all around*..."Look...we've established the name behind the scenes, so now we are here to show what we are about in the octagon, bro...plain and simple!"...*passes to Khalifa*...

Reporter: "Fathy, is there any fighter in this that scares you a bit?"

Fathy: A wise man once said, 'if you are afraid of someone, you have already lost'. No man in this tournament, in my opinion, is worth a second look.Those ring girls though...mmmmm, those ring girls...let me throw in a side bar quick...ladies, I know you're listening, when you want to smoke some of that real tree, with a man that has a real tree.... hit me up."...*Khalifa laughs and almost loses his hit as he passes to Nelson*...

Reporter: "Interesting...how about you Blunts?"

Allday: "Fighters or sparring partners, the situation at hand is the fact that none of these fighters can stack up to my boy Sherif..."...*gives a knuckle bump to Sherif and gives Scarlett a huge kiss*..."and we intend to prove that here at the Blunts camp, bro! Shit, this tourney will be a walk in the park compared to his childhood in Cairo, fighting to keep food on his families table and shit!"

Reporter: "Fathy...is this true?"

Fathy: "Indeed it is..."

Reporter: "Is it true that you once attempted a coup d'etat against your own government? A government that you once worked for?"

Fathy:...*looks over at Bauer and then nods*..."For fun..."

Reporter: "Hmmm...Blunts, is there a manager you want to face the least?"

Allday: "What manager is there to be afraid of? I've pondered this question for a few days now, smokin' a good part of the stash with Sherif figurin' this shit out. 5 blunts in and we finally came to a realization, there's no one to be afraid of, at all...all these guys strive to be on our level, but fall short every time."...*takes a huge hit and exhales*..."As for who I'm excited to face...I would have to throw JLP into the mix! It has been a long standing, back and forth battle between the two of us and I can't wait for more!"

Reporter: "You're that stoked on fighting an alliancemate?"

Allday: "For this shit? Hell yeah, bro. Hey...one more question then we out...gotta get some munchies soon"...*laughter*...

Reporter: "Alright...why are you going to dominate this tournament?"

Allday: "Simple, I'm on the team! I mean, not saying they wouldn't hold it down without me, but with myself and Sherif supplyin' that good ganja, we have no flaws in the depths of our talent. It's gonna be a shit show and you can call me the ring master!"

Reporter: "I'm not sure what that means but, okay! Thanks for your time, good luck and go get those munchies...I'm thinkin' about a nap!"

*We all disbanded and walked back towards the house. Suddenly I noticed that I was damn hungry also. I went back into the house for some food and to talk to Chuck but Devin Styles told me he went to walk his dogs. Since he was out and I was tired, I decided to cop a quick nap on the porch swing until he got back...*

to be continued...

• Upvote 8

*Chuck woke me up from my nap. It was afternoon, near sunset and he offered a bottle of water. Luke Doomsday joined us and we did what we always do...discuss the glory days, the classics, the best fights we had ever seen...*

Reporter: "YB Sol, man...that's what got me hooked, right out the gate."

Chuck: "Hell yeah, arguably the first true 'superfight'...Sol/Mendez"

Reporter: "Yes! Dude was in some major scraps...when Gonzo knocked him out, I was so surprised. Never in a million years did I think that would happen. Gotta be one of the best knockouts ever...especially given the gravity of the fight itself."

Chuck: "I agree! Just blew my mind. Speaking of Gonzo, that guy has some highlights for sure, win and lose! Gonzo/Sen right after Ewert cut him up ending the streak...

Doomsday: "What streak?"

Chuck: "19 straight wins, dude."

Reporter: "After starting his career with 4 straight losses!"

Doomsday: "Damn..."

Chuck: "Yeah...Gonzo/Kane, at the time, was maybe the biggest fight the world had ever seen. Everybody wanted to see that and they did not disappoint. Gonzo had him cut but was going a bit too wild and then Kane just dropped him with that left..."

Reporter: "God that fight was amazing! How about when he dropped ELS in 5 seconds!?"

Doomsday: "Really? 5 seconds?...wow..."

Chuck: "Yeah...Gonzo has stupid power, but he also was careless. He's been on the other end of some wicked knockouts, too. One of my favorites was when Pedro Guerrero drilled him with that superman punch."

Reporter: "Ha! Yeah...I think that was the first time I'd ever seen anyone knocked out by a superman punch! Speaking of 'La Plaga', his exciting superman punch actually followed one of the most boring but massive fights ever, Sol/Guerrero I. Then, he follows that by getting his ass handed to him twice by Nori, the first one on Christmas day!"

Chuck: "Nori is another one of those greatly underrated power guys. Nori, ELS, Gonzo, Digits...all with huge power but because they lost a lot, probably due to throwing so hard, they get overlooked...some people just look at the record and don't really see the power or impact of the fight."

Reporter: "True...another underrated guy, Manu Okoro.

Chuck: "Oh man...when he beat Jigoro Kane on New Year's Day, that was awesome. You know that dude has been in the cage with Jigoro Kane for a total of 13 rounds!?

Doomsday:...*gets up and heads to the door*..."Seriously?"

Chuck: "Yeah...where you going?"

Doomsday: "Drinks..."

Chuck: "Bring 3..."

Doomsday:...*shakes his head*..."You got it..."

Reporter: "So he went 5 twice and 3 once? I don't remember the 3rd."

Chuck: "Yeah, the rematch went the distance and then the 3rd was about quite a ways after that. Not the best fight but it sealed the deal for Kane."

Doomsday:...*walks back out with 3 G&T's*..."Check that out!"...*points toward the beach*...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyun9kwWQg1r8jg6mo1_500.jpg

*We all stopped to take in the sunset...sipping our drinks.*

Reporter: "You mentioned underrated guys before. Who else qualifies? Satomi? Takada?"

Chuck: "Oh those two for sure. I always felt Tor Nansen and Pete Doherty were overlooked also...for Hall of Famers anyway. I mean, Austin/Kinte was a big deal because Kinte was just busy as shit on the ground and everyone knew that if he got Austin on the canvas, it was over. Austin had none of that and didn't give him any time to react. Then Austin comes to the states and Nansen does what everyone thought Kinte would do..."

Doomsday: "Which was...?"

Reporter: "Taps him with a kimura!"

Doomsday: "Nice!"

Chuck: "Yeah, Nansen ended up getting worked by Doherty and then also lost to Agrabah as well. He was great for quite a while before those fights though...and Doherty, was something like 20-2, beating Nansen and Wiltsie twice along the way."

Reporter: "He started off 12-0, lost and then hit 7 in a row before losing to Ekaku, of all people."

Doomsday: "Hell yeah...I remember watching Pete do his thing...I loved his fight against Evangilisti. My all-time favorite is Killsinwater though...his fights with Puno, ending both with cuts! Plus, the Bokhari fight...the way he got slaughtered in the 2nd round, knocked down 3 times, rocked and cut and then comes back to win it! Are you kidding me!? Then soaks up 2 uppercuts from Mjolnir...2! No one does that...takes 2 to finish him off...dude's got the biggest heart in the world!"

Chuck: "It's hard not to like a guy like that, man. So entertaining to watch...I love those guys that don't play it safe and just go for broke!"

Reporter:...*stands up*..."Yeah...speaking of playing it safe, I gotta hit the sack...I fly out early, man."

Chuck: "Yeah, true...good call. It's getting late anyway. See ya, man."

Doomsday: "See ya."

Reporter: "Hey...good luck with the league, guys."...*walks inside*...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...