Official Yahoo Fantasy Baseball 2014 League - 50k signup fee

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, if we get up to 10 and draft day is around the corner will we go ahead with 10 or move the draft back?

Ten would be ok but ideally Id like to have 12.... just so that way everyone doesn't have lineups of all-stars. I find leagues where I have to make decisions and such more rewarding. As of right now the draft is scheduled to be 20 days from now. We could always move it up or back depending on signups. I don't want to have it too early, though, just to avoid some of the Spring Training injuries. I'm fairly confident we'll have 12 in the next week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest????

We still have spots open if anyone is interested. If we don't fill 'em in the next week or so we'll close it at ten teams and figure out prizes, etc. based on that amount instead of with 12 teams. I still am holding out hope we'll get two more teams in.

I see we have 8 teams created at yahoo but 10 guys paid me so there are 2 teams that need to be created. I'm guessing we will be capping it at 10 because the draft is scheduled for Sunday at 3pm CDT. Don't forget to pre-rank guys.

OK... we have ten teams setup in the yahoo league. I will adjust the prize amounts slightly as they were configured for 12 teams.

Good luck in the draft tomorrow at 3pm CDT.

am i too late to join this?

We can't draft with an odd number of teams and the draft is tomorrow (Sunday) at 3pm CDT. If you can find another team before then we can do it, but yahoo won't let us draft with 11 teams and the season is on the doorstep ;)

We can't draft with an odd number of teams and the draft is tomorrow (Sunday) at 3pm CDT. If you can find another team before then we can do it, but yahoo won't let us draft with 11 teams and the season is on the doorstep ;)

ok i don't know anyone else who will want to have a team so that is that i guess :(

Good luck to you all

I really wanted Matt Carpenter. I wanted him so bad I almost took him before Segura, but I thought about it and I was thinking I might get both of them if I took Segura first. Then I panicked and took Zimmerman which I was not thrilled about. Overall though I happy with my team minus my outfield.

Who do you guys think had the best draft?

Here's a brief team by team breakdown :

Milwaukee's Best : Consistent team throughout... One area of weakness hitting is RBIs and maybe SBs, but pitching is solid

Dean's Donkeys : No real over the top slugger on the team, just a bunch of guys who can hit a few HRs... pitching wise they lack a consistent proven closer.

BEEF Strokin' Off : Should hit a lot of HRs and get a lot of saves. Pitching wins and ERA might be an issue

Anthony's Legit Team : No legit slugger but lots of guys who can run. Solid starting pitching but could have some rough saves weeks.

The Groove Crew : Arguably the best combination of HRs, RBIs, and Ave... maybe short in SBs. Solid starting pitching but no bullpen.

2 Much Heat : Lots of guys who will be at risk of not repeating last year... Ave will probably be an issue. 2 bad team closers surrounded with mediocre starters who can excel at times but blow chunks at others.

Deuce's Aces : Decent hitters but hardly any HRs...Ave should be high though. If Verlander struggles they could be in trouble as the rest of the starters are mediocre.

The Irrelevant Snake : Middle of the road Ave, Runs, RBIs, and SB... probably near the top in HRs though (providing Granderson hasn't regressed). Pitching-wise 2 good closers with a bunch of flamethrowing K artists.

HarryCarray's : I think they will have trouble scoring a lot of runs as a team and Ave will be lower than desired... could lead league in RBIs. Saves will be tough to get with this crew but arguably the best starting pitching staff.

The Tanaka Clan : Should lead league in SBs and near top in HRs, Ave, and RBIs... Runs could be an issue though and a lot depends on Reyes staying healthy. Worst starting staff in the league but will win saves every week.

If I had to just throw out a prediction off the top of my head, I'd go with these as the final standings before the playoffs begin :

1) The Groove Crew

2) Milwaukee's Best

3) The Irrelevant Snake

4) The Tanaka Clan

5) HarryCarray's

6) BEEF Strokin' Off

7) Anthony's Legit Team

8) Deuce's Aces

9) Dean's Donkeys

10) 2 Much Heat

Of course we know that injuries are completely blind luck so the team that has the least injuries will win. It always works out that way ;)

Deuce's Aces : Decent hitters but hardly any HRs...Ave should be high though. If Verlander struggles they could be in trouble as the rest of the starters are mediocre.

Bumgarner is mediocre??? He may not have had the wins but if 1 strikeout short of 200K's and an ERA under 3.00 is mediocre then sign me up every day.

Gray was called up mid-way through last season and put up great numbers (2.67 ERA in 10 starts) for a 22yr old rookie.

Kuroda and Cashner are hit or miss depending out how their teams play.

Bumgarner is mediocre??? He may not have had the wins but if 1 strikeout short of 200K's and an ERA under 3.00 is mediocre then sign me up every day.

Gray was called up mid-way through last season and put up great numbers (2.67 ERA in 10 starts) for a 22yr old rookie.

Kuroda and Cashner are hit or miss depending out how their teams play.

Valid points... I kinda skimmed each team's statistical totals when making the predictions above.

I do think Bumgarner's stats this season will roll back a little bit... he was average at best in 2011 so there is a chance that regression could set in because last year he was pretty dominant.

Gray's been getting hammered this spring.

Cashner's good at home and Kuroda should be good on the road.

I don't know how to evaluate yet. I still have no idea how the scoring is going to work. This is the first time I played fantasy baseball where you have a weekly opponent.

It will be fun.... trust me ;)

Essentially how it works is that each week you and your opponent will go head to head in a bunch of categories. Whoever wins each category gets a win, the loser a loss, and if a tie then you tie. Then after each week your record is updated.

It gets interesting when late in the week you (for example) realize that you can win SBs with only a few more so you decide to sit your HR hitter for some SB guys because you have a comfortable lead in HRs and you're trying to also win the SB category. I've had that exact same situation happen before only to wind up losing HRs and SBs when the guys I picked up didn't play and my opponent for that week had 5 HRs all in the last day to surpass my total.