UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic 2 Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

I felt DC underestimated Miocic in this one. He came in very strong and burnt himself out, his hands were down a lot, that said, i think he would of won this, if it went 5 rounds, he likely won the first 3.

Romero is one of those weird dudes, super athletic, lots of power and ridiculous chin, but he has little to no strategy. Whenever it goes the distance he always loses. I really liked Costa, tough dude, hits hard, very strong and durable. Some of those strikes from Yoel were really huge and he took them. I think Brazilian MMA needed a new star, most of their best fighters are getting old or are out of their prime (their girls are going strong though).

I was impressed by Diaz, i was never a huge fan and considered him overrated, however in this fight he did everything he needed to do. He executed the right gameplan, clinched, wore Showtime down, took him to the ground. Also, is it me, but does Diaz seem more mature and controlled? A lot of what he is saying recently actually makes sense.

Diaz seemed a lot more controlled to me as well. Seems like his cbd oils are working well for him.

Diaz looked vintage Diaz. Literally identical fighter imo. See Diaz vs Cerrone. If Diaz ever seemed like he lacked control in McGregor fight its because he got his ass kicked for the first two rounds of that fight lol.

DC should of wrestled. I remember him taking a body kick from Anderson Silva that almost put him down at the end of 3rd round. Smart strategy by Stipe to attack body of shorter opponent.