End of an Era - Bushido

Rei

http://oi64.tinypic.com/3026iol.jpg

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the upcoming closure of Bushido (290k+). Since opening in April of 2016 and hosting our first event one month later, Bushido has come a long way. When I began this venture I was in the first year of university and packed full of energy, excited for the future and had a ton of free time on my hands. Now, I'm on my third and final year and things couldn't be more different. I can't spare the hours it takes to write previews like I once could and to do so would be essentially taking money out of my wallet and food off of my table, since these are hours I could spend doing paid work. Also, I don't want to run an org if its going to like any other standard one - without any special previews/updates or graphic work as you guys deserve better, and I fear that's where Bushido is headed if not there already.
I don't intend this to be a sob-story by any means however as I have had a fantastic time running the org for the most part, and have built great relationships with some of the contracted managers. Watching fighters grow entirely under our banner into beings of greatness has been a wonderful experience, and the fighters along with their stories will always have a place in my heart. We've had 69 fantastic events, witnessed the crowning of 35 different Champions, and have held our own at the top of rankings for a while now. But, on to the next.
I plan on allowing the currently booked events play out, without booking any more from then on. Our final event will be on October 7th. Participants in the Bushido Middleweight Grand Prix will of course still receive their promised prize money. After that, fighters will all be released from their contracts and will receive offers from Aspire - the organisation I believe to be the best in the game right now. I shall be taking on a role at Aspire as a staff member so you and your fighters will have a familiar face around. Aspire is currently a a 275k organisation but because of Bushido's closure they are now refraining from contracting fighters older than 280k, to allow your guys to compete on an even playing field. Also, plans for Aspire to go unrestricted are put on hold for the foreseeable future. I believe that in Aspire many of you can replicate your successes achieved in Bushido, and you will be in good hands.
Thank you to everyone that has made Bushido what it is today, you know who you are. Maybe we'll see a spiritual successor somewhere down the line, who knows?
  • Upvote 13

Thank you everyone, I appreciate all your kind words. It's been a great ride, and I look forward to following the careers of most if not all Bushido fighters from here on out.

Hate to see it go. Any chance I can steal you away from Aspire????

Haha, unfortunately you can't. You're doing a great job with FFA though, keep it up :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

October 1st is when the final 2 items that RoaR will be selling that are specifically designed for the Bushido (290k+) org ...

These items are both shirts but one is a long sleeve rash guard and the other is a short sleeve T...

Once they sell out that's it, no more will be ordered so don't hesitate on buying a few of either design or perhaps both cause when the discussion of who has what in their manager/fighters possessions...your gonna want to have some older items from the once great companies that have then closed, Bushido fits into that category no doubt. The items will be listed for $100 a piece but if anyone happens to want a larger quantity for themselves (anything over 10) then please contact me and I will order the appropriate amount of extra to cover your needs.

• Upvote 1