Noob Questions

MMATycoon

On 3/8/2024 at 1:50 PM, Skuzbukit said:

I usually only select fighters with 6.3 or higher learning speed, considerably above average, and for my fighters in my private gym with Elite coaches and a max of 0-2 other fighters with the same coach fighters keeping their energy at the 90% + Range going from 1-8 in skill it is average about 4 to 5 training sessions per skill point raise.

It begins to slow down after that point and ramps up in amount of training required for pretty much every point of skill raised after that, its a curve that starts shallow at the low end & gets steeper the close you get to 150 basically, like an exponential growth curve but a little flatter at the lower end of the scale.

So beginning with average learning speed you would see slower development than that example, and your fighter would probably struggle to hit the overall skill points cap prior to the age drop-off lowering their skill-point cap.

Depending on the amount of Conditioning a fighter has the energy drop off will be scaled, at 12 conditioning though I could run a non-cardio non-weight regime with 12 secondary or 6 sparring sessions & 6 secondary skill workouts and be over 90% by the end of the week, I can at 14 Conditioning throw in 2 weight sessions or 2 cardio sessions or 2 circuit training sessions and still finish the week on a touch above 90% - I recall that at 8 conditioning a weight session was taking just below 3% of my fighter's energy. At 6 Conditioning a secondary session was just over 1% at 14 conditioing its around 0.6%

Thank you, using this info I should be able to structure my workout plans. If my fighter is taking more than 10 sessions for one upgrade while keeping his energy above 90% with low session crowds (max maybe 3 on 1 trainer), it's safe to assume that he's too slow a learner to keep, right?

1 hour ago, Divinity said:

Thank you, using this info I should be able to structure my workout plans. If my fighter is taking more than 10 sessions for one upgrade while keeping his energy above 90% with low session crowds (max maybe 3 on 1 trainer), it's safe to assume that he's too slow a learner to keep, right?

As a non VIP your best approximate way to test learning speed is this.

IF you can, use a 1:1 coaching session (just your fighter with the coach for that workout), 90% plus energy if not 100%, max morale on the fighter & coach.

The next best is 1:3, where your fighter is one of the 3 in that workout session.

Higher ratios than 1:3 will make judging learning speed very hard.

The skill you are testing should only have had max 1 point put into it at creation (EXLUDE Escapes as this does not scale like the other secondaries) - many favour punches at 1 as it has limited connections to other things, but Kicks / Elbows /Knees are okay too.

IF the skill rose from Useless up to Abysmal in 1 session you have a very fast learner

IF the skill rose from Useless up to Abysmal in 2 sessions you have an average to decent learner

IF the skill rose from Useless up to Abysmal in 3 sessions you have a mediocre learner

IF the skill has not risen from Useless up to Abysmal in 3 sessions you have a bad learner

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

IF the skill rose from Useless up to Abysmal in 1 session you have a very fast learner

Just quickly, I don't think it's possible to go from truly useless (aka 1 point) to 10+ points (aka Abysmal) in one session even with maxed coaches/learning/morale/energy. For you to go to Useless to Abysmal in one session, you'd need to have put in at least 3 or more points at creation I think, or had a few points gained there from a sparring session or from clinch training (for the other secondaries that affects). 1 day is definitely possible (aka 2 sessions), but that can be anything from an average to great learner.

That said, it's a good general tip to test for your fighter's general learning capabilities to test it out on a skill you know is from scratch.

• Upvote 1

I really shouldn’t be posting here as often, I’m not really a noob anymore, but I just created a huge batch of 18 year olds and I don’t want to mess them up. So what a good training plan for 18 year olds? Should I train up all physicals first? When should I start sparring? Should I focus on just one secondary at a time and do it a lot? How many sparring sessions should I be doing? 

On 3/11/2024 at 7:01 PM, Buks said:

Around how long should it take for a fighter to go from useless lets say kicks to superb for example?

Yeah as said above, depends on learning speed and also how many fighters are training in the same session (the fewer, the better). ~35 sessions (just took a look from few of my guys at the Superb range to get that number).

2 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

I really shouldn’t be posting here as often, I’m not really a noob anymore, but I just created a huge batch of 18 year olds and I don’t want to mess them up. So what a good training plan for 18 year olds? Should I train up all physicals first? When should I start sparring? Should I focus on just one secondary at a time and do it a lot? How many sparring sessions should I be doing? 

There is no way to answer this question really, too many variables. Are you going to fight him? How often? What discipline (MMA/KT/TWGC)? What's his learning speed? Are you aiming him for the big leagues or do you actually want to fight with them early? What do you wish for his build to be? Are you willing to micro-manage enough to avoid tickers kicking in? Do you have enough sparring partners for him?

Personally, I don't have any interest in tinkering weekly with training as I have so many fighters (semi-"autobotting" as they say here), so I am trying to avoid tickers kicking in like a plague since de-pops are very demoralizing.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, flamesnoopy said:

Yeah as said above, depends on learning speed and also how many fighters are training in the same session (the fewer, the better). ~35 sessions (just took a look from few of my guys at the Superb range to get that number).

There is no way to answer this question really, too many variables. Are you going to fight him? How often? What discipline (MMA/KT/TWGC)? What's his learning speed? Are you aiming him for the big leagues or do you actually want to fight with them early? What do you wish for his build to be? Are you willing to micro-manage enough to avoid tickers kicking in? Do you have enough sparring partners for him?

Personally, I don't have any interest in tinkering weekly with training as I have so many fighters (semi-"autobotting" as they say here), so I am trying to avoid tickers kicking in like a plague since de-pops are very demoralizing.

At what age they start depoping, does it also depends on injuries during career?
What are tickers?

22 minutes ago, Buks said:

At what age they start depoping, does it also depends on injuries during career?
What are tickers?

It isn't age depended per say, even young guys can de-pop. Basically, if they haven't trained a skill in a while it will de-pop. If they get too old they will de-pop even if they train that. If they have reached their skill cap something will de-pop. You can still improve a skill, it just means something else will de-pop. Training a skill resets the ticker. Having a fight/grappling match also resets all tickers.

About the injury thing, I honestly can't remember what effect the injuries had, I think it was for skill cap but since I'm not certain I can't speak on that. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Ticker is just the time it takes for something to de-pop. So if you train punches all the time for a young fighter, he will not de-pop punches at all since he isn't near his skill cap and you are training it constantly. But if you train only punches for like 3 months, your other skills will have de-popped if you didn't train them at all and you didn't fight. In the above example boxing sparring would "slow down the ticker" for punches as well, but it isn't the same as a ticker reset by training the punching skill.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

If you are looking to train an 18 year old as a long term high level fighter you want to avoid physicals until you are readying them for fighting. Physicals train at the same speed all career long, but the other skills train fastest when the fighter is young. Using up the fastest possible training for physicals or time lost from fight recovery can slow a fighters progress and in some cases prevent them from reaching their highest levels. Mind you this does depend on how often you do these things, as a single fight won't cripple a fighter and you can gain some valuable info to help you determine if this is a project worth putting time and money into.

Don't spar early as sparring gives some skill gain to associated secondaries, so if you spar MT for example you would have skill points bleeding into kicks, elbows and knees at least. This again could have you reaching the skill can before you max every skill you had planned on (which usually is 7 or 8). Boxing is about the only one you can get away with early, as the secondaries are generally critical for any MMA fighter.

Sparring one skill all the way and switching, or spreading into the varying skills you want would depend on your plans for the fighter I'd say. Both are workable for a long term project, though if you wanted to take the odd fight along the way shoring up any glaring weakness might be something to consider.

• Upvote 1

I like to get my secondaries I haven't given points to up initially to allow for a more rounded fighter before fighting. Personally I do hit some physicals early but mostly secondaries. I generally start sparring right before my 18 year old projects start fighting usually around 19.5 - 20 years old.

• Upvote 1