Noob Questions

MMATycoon

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i made a mistake when I singed my fighter to a contract. He is based in London and the fight is in Rio. I know I'm and idiot. But I've the contract for the fight is signed and I cant back out. I've got the money to make the trip. And I know my energy and moral are going to be down, unfortunately. But if I time it right He will be able to stay at least one day. Does it cost anything to come back home or is my fighter going to be deported for lack of funds?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Another noob question...

Let's say I create new fighter with 110 points in boxing, so he sucks at other overall skills.

But then I don't assign points for, let's say, punches and striking defense (that would logically be good for boxers), but I choose to assign points for takedowns, sub offense and defensive grappling.

Which skills are then used for calculating fights?

Example scenarios:

1. - I'm a "wonderful" boxer and if I fight against a BJJ brown belt with "useless" boxing and "useless" MT, and he chooses bad tactic of stand-up fighting all the fight, big chance is I'll KO him, or

- I won't KO him cause I'm "useless" at punches?

2. I'm a "useless" wrestler and BJJ white belt, but have "wonderful" takedowns, sub offense and defensive grappling, will I excell against someone on the ground?

Thnx in advance for taking your time to reply.

This is a complicated question. The only person who can really answer it is Mike Tycoon, and I don't think he will. There's been a discussion of it in this thread over here, but all that really came out of that was that they are connected but no one knows the degree to how much one affects another.

• 4 weeks later...
Another noob question...

Let's say I create new fighter with 110 points in boxing, so he sucks at other overall skills.

But then I don't assign points for, let's say, punches and striking defense (that would logically be good for boxers), but I choose to assign points for takedowns, sub offense and defensive grappling.

Which skills are then used for calculating fights?

Example scenarios:

1. - I'm a "wonderful" boxer and if I fight against a BJJ brown belt with "useless" boxing and "useless" MT, and he chooses bad tactic of stand-up fighting all the fight, big chance is I'll KO him, or

- I won't KO him cause I'm "useless" at punches?

2. I'm a "useless" wrestler and BJJ white belt, but have "wonderful" takedowns, sub offense and defensive grappling, will I excell against someone on the ground?

Thnx in advance for taking your time to reply.

I suspect no one has any knowledge of this except Mike. But here's a shot. The four main skills are kind of like "intelligence" or "field sense" would be for their respective categories. They tell a fighter when the appropriate time is to apply certain skills. The skill categories are fundamentals- they help you pull off those moves when you decide to do so. If the simulator is true to life, the main skills (intelligence) are going to be more important against higher level opposition. I'm going to use basketball as an analogy-

Every year you see some high school or college player who has a lot of hype around him. He has some skills that no one else can match- he can outdribble, outpass, outshoot or whatever. That's very visible to everyone who watches him. What people don't know from casual spectating is whether he has a brain for the game. When your skills and athleticism are enough to blow everyone out of the water, you don't need to think. Lebron James would have been a phenomenal high school player even with zero court sense because he could just cruise past every defender. But since he has court sense, he is now a great NBA player. As an example of someone with less court sense, let's use JJ Redick. JJ has a sick jump shot. Anyone who watched his games at Duke knows that he has NBA range. The problem is that's all he has- no other moves, very little court sense. It's fine to be just a jumpshooter- see Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, etc. But if JJ has an Elite shot and only Strong offense, he's going to have a tougher time when everyone out there has Exceptional defense, as compared to his college days when everyone had only Respectable defense. The defense is going to be constantly forcing him to think, whereas at Duke he could just run around for a while, get open, catch, turn, good for 3.

To take this into an MMA context, consider Thiago Silva's fight against Machida. I think Machida is the best striker out there, so I'm going to give him Elite MT and Boxing. However, aside from this exact fight against Silva, he has never been a power striker. Even against Evans, the KO was the result of one of several combos. Silva, by contrast, is best known for exactly that- aggressive, powerful striking, particularly punches. What he is not known for is intelligence- he told the world he would come at Machida continuously until the fight ended, did it, and paid the price for a terrible strategy. So, let's give Machida Remarkable Punches and Silva Exceptional ones, and give Silva Exceptional Boxing and Wonderful MT (reflecting the fact that he punches a bit more from range). The fundamental skills are in the same neighborhood, even giving Silva an edge. However, at such a high level, when one mistake can doom you, Machida's superior strategy and understanding of striking make him a favorite to win every time.

So, regarding your fighter, my predictions- he will be able to take down and submit white belts and poor wrestlers very easily at this point, and will murder terrible strikers. However, once he gets to a higher level of opposition, should he find himself in an area where he has lower intelligence than his opponent, he will lose. His losses will probably take more time than his wins, but he will not stand a chance. This assumes his statistics stay constant.

• 4 weeks later...
I used google checkout to go VIP, how long do I wait before I'm VIP?

Cheers!

pm tycoon with all your info

also guys you should make threads with questions --- if you post a question in this thread it might not get seen or answered because it isnt seen or gets missed --- tycoon posted this more asking for help in answering questions not for posting questions

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have a fighter who trained in a gym but the gym got closed and does not exist anymore. But the option to choose another gym in my fighter's menu is still greyed out and i am not not able to join a new gym.

Is it because it did not last a full week from the time I joined that gym or is locked out because the gym got closed down.

I hope u can help.

thanks,

Mark

Hey guys,

I have a fighter who trained in a gym but the gym got closed and does not exist anymore. But the option to choose another gym in my fighter's menu is still greyed out and i am not not able to join a new gym.

Is it because it did not last a full week from the time I joined that gym or is locked out because the gym got closed down.

I hope u can help.

thanks,

Mark

What's your fighters cash like?

I have a fighter who had Feeble Muay Thai, now today I noticed it droped to Useless. My fighter's age is 22 and I know I used all his points when I made him so everything should add to 150 but now it's like if it was only 120 points that are being used.

What happened? I do Muay Thai sparring at least once a week. Is it because he left his gym today?

I have a fighter who had Feeble Muay Thai, now today I noticed it droped to Useless. My fighter's age is 22 and I know I used all his points when I made him so everything should add to 150 but now it's like if it was only 120 points that are being used.

What happened? I do Muay Thai sparring at least once a week. Is it because he left his gym today?

post in error reporting if mike hasnt already fixed this he usually catches them though so post it here http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6 also post the fighters id for him

• 2 weeks later...